“Hotel service & amenities great; rooms & location; average.”

Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area
Ranked #146 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We stayed here the second week of April for my kids' first visit to Disney. We liked the resturant, fitness room, and loved the ice cream shop and 24hr market. You will get fleeced at the market, but it's worth it, being able to get a late night snack for the kids after getting back from the parks. The rooms were non-descript; just very average. The hotel is located close to downtown Disney, but I don't know about walking distance. It's got to be a couple miles. I certainly wasn't tooling around on foot with my 4 & 5 year olds in that traffic. Now, there are regular shuttles everywhere and that is great. However, the shuttle busses stop at like 4-5 hotels picking people up. We went during an alleged "slow" Disney period, and those busses still got crowded; as in standing room only. Plus, if you use the shuttle, add anywhere from 10 minutes to over an hour for the commute. It takes forever to stop at all those hotels and then get to the parks - especially Magic Kingdom. After you get off the bus there, you have to take a tram or ferry to the park. You also have to time your departures to and from the park to the shuttle schedule. It's every half hour, but if you just miss a shuttle, thats another 1/2 hour you are waiting around. By the end of our trip, I just started driving to the parks and paid the additional parking charge. In conclusion, the hotel was nice overall, but there are many better hotel values out there for a Disney Trip.

2  Thank Jonathan A
Write a ReviewReviews (4,645)

Reviewed May 3, 2012

We checked into this hotel for two nights to celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary in January 2012. Check-in was quick (no line, lots of employees behind the desk) and friendly. We were told they had a need for dual-bed rooms and offered to upgrade us to a King Suite (really just a double-sized room, but nice) and we happily accepted, and noted it was our anniversary.

The next early-afternoon the hotel sent up a complementary bottle of champagne and chocolates with a note wishing us a happy anniversary. Awesome touch, and it's why I'm writing this review in fact.

As for the hotel itself, the rooms were clean, decently appointed, but the rooms just need updating if it wants to keep a solid 4-star rating.

The location can't be beat, especially for the price (rooms are often available for $90-100).

We ate lunch at the restaurant, which was delicious (just sandwiches) and fairly priced for a Hilton. We also made ample use of the pool area, which is really quite good for anything outside of the mega-resort hotels. My wife enjoyed the poolside massage she got.

Overall, we had a great time. This was our third visit to this hotel (we're local) and we'll continue to choose it for stays near Disney.

Thanks, Hilton WDW!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Was here for a conference; family did not come with me. This is not a great place for single folks. The hotel is mediocre in appearance and needs some uptouch to make it fresh and new again. The reception area is quite bland and is kind of longitudinal. The rooms are fine, but not fancy. There is an in-room safe but it requires a separate key (card key) which you have to get from the front desk. They didn't inform me about this at the front desk while checking-in and I had to get it later, a minor annoyance but certainly not expected from a "Hilton". You pay a "disney premium" for almost everything here. Some plus points include proximity to downtown disney (within walking distance), a 24-hour market place where you can get at least some food at 1 or 2 am (!!! that's really good when you arrive at midnight from a long flight) and the disney characters mingling around at breakfast/brunch in the restaurant (don't know if that is daily or only on particular days like Sundays or weekends). The kids seemed to really enjoy the characters and lots of "kodak moments". Didn't get a chance to use the pool. If you want to go somewhere other than disney from this hotel and you don't have your own car, you either have to wait till a cab comes by to drop off some passenger or have to take the town cars that wait there. No taxi cabs are allowed to wait on or near the property a per the concierge. And they charge more than a regular taxi cab (again I guess they want their share of the "disney premium"). My cab missed the turn to get into the hotel and had to go almost a mile ahead to make a "U" to come back.
Overall, I think this may be a good choice for families with kids and wanting to visit disney but it is definitely not a great choice for single folks attending a conference here.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2012

This hotel should not be in the category of a full service Hilton. It's a shame the shape this hotel is in, especially since it is right across the street from Downtown Disney and it could be the most desired hotel in the area.

The hotel needs a complete overhaul. The decor in the rooms and public areas is old and tacky. Walls and doors damaged by scratches. The carpeting is unattractive and stained. The mattress I slept on needed replacing. I'm thin and I never felt springs compress on a bed when I sat down like I did on this one.

I booked a King bed and was given two Queens. When I returned to the front desk, they corrected it.

Housekeeping should do a better job in making the beds and pressing the shower curtains. Built up dust and trash littered the hallways.

This hotel chose not participate in Hilton Honors' Double Points or Double Miles 2012 second quarter promotion.

I had access to the Executive Lounge for breakfast. Offerings were standard: bagels, toast, yogurt, some fruit, cold cuts, hard cooked eggs.

The best part of the hotel was the staff at the front desk, Executive Lounge, and bellhop. Toiletries were great.

This is the worst Hilton branded hotel I've stayed at. The negatives far outweigh the positives. I was supposed to return for another visit, but I cancelled and rebooked at a different full service Hilton in the area. Until the hotel undergoes a major renovation, I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank HorseVMK
Reviewed May 2, 2012

My wife and two kids stayed for three nights here. It is an excellent hotel with an great location (next to Downtown Disney) and many amenities (bus to Disney and even laundry facilities - a nice touch for traveling families). Even though it's a full-service hotel, the price couldn't be beat. The staff was friendly and efficient. Check-in and out was quick. The room was large and clean with very comfortable beds. We even had free wi-fi. There is no doubt we would stay there again if we visit Orlando.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

We have just finished a wonderful stay at this hotel. The rooms are clean and nice. It was perfect for our family of four. We stayed four nights and visited all four of the Disney parks. We were very impressed with the shuttle service to the parks (complimentary). We were the first stop of the hotels the bus services so we always got straight on the bus with few to no stops. It has nice pools, and is a short walk from Downtown Disney. We would definitely stay here again!

3  Thank LuckyLyndi
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Although this is in “Disney World Resort”, it just looks like a regular hotel on a busy boulevard with other non-Disney World hotels in the area. Nothing screams “Disney”, and it was not apparent we were on Disney property. Stayed here with my daughter and granddaughter on Hilton Honor Points, and no special recognition or treatment. In fact, after a day I realized they put us in a handicapped room! Lobby is not warm and welcoming, and lines can be long. Rooms, although clean, could use some updating. Ours was blandly decorated in beige with a checkerboard headboard on the bed – no other pictures. Room had small fridge which was great for our family, but the closet was relatively small and located inside the bathroom. The hotel felt safe and secure with all the families, and the pool area was really relaxing and enjoyable: two pools and a children’s wading pool with a fountain; outdoor bar and grill; and two hot tubs. Hotel has several restaurants, and a coffee “Market” shop with bakery and other items. Outdoor bar and grill was not open for dinner when we visited. Loved the moderately priced Sunday “Disney Character” brunch in the hotel which required no reservations. Four Disney characters, including Pluto and Minnie Mouse, walked from table to table spending time with each child, and posing for photos. This was an unexpected surprise, as friends had advised us to definitely do a “meet the characters” meal, but we had failed to make advance reservations. No free Wi-Fi in hotel rooms or lobby. Concierge helpful and friendly. Walking distance to Downtown Disney, and Cirque de Soleil in Downtown Disney. Of course, as expected, everything in the area is costly. Bus to Disney World parking area, and “extra magic hours” so you can arrive early or stay late at some parks. All in all, we enjoyed our visit – and who stays in the rooms anyway when the weather is great, and there is so much to do? In fact, I will be staying here again next year when I attend a conference at the hotel. My family wants to come back as well!

Room Tip: When I made reservations, I had a choice between a room with a bath and a room with a shower. I cho...