Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area
Ranked #145 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Very nice fitness room.clean rooms.I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (4,643)

Reviewed July 18, 2011

When I go to Orlando for business or pleasure I usually stay here. I am an HHonors member and have enjoyed the complimentary breakfast on floor 9, express check-in, and all this hotel has to offer to it's business guests. I stayed here last year a total of 5 times. Every time my room was clean to my standards, the Benihana on-site served sashimi the way I liked it, and the grounds seemed well maintained. It's location right across the street to Downtown Disney is perfect for those looking to catch Disney's shuttle service to and from the parks. The shopping and restaurant selection in Downtown Disney is great too. There are those that complained about food selection in the hotel. I always have a rental car when I'm out there and if you take a right on Hotel Plaza Blvd out of the pay lot at the hotel, carry it down about 5 minutes, there is a shopping area with numerous amounts of "chain" restaurants.
I only have 1 complaint after my history of staying here. One-time and one-time only a woman at the front desk was rude to me on check-in. I pride myself on being friendly to others and she had an attitude.
All in all this was my home away from home in 2010. I still travel to Orlando for work but will be at a different Hilton property for 2011.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank NikkiChiTown
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate the positive feedback. We value your patronage and loyalty to the Hilton brand.

Reviewed July 17, 2011

This was a great location for us. We were going to Blizzard Beach and couldn't beat the location. Staff was overly accommodating from the valet to the breakfast crew. Parking for 10 a night is a pet peeve, but got a great rate so I could live with it. Pool was fantastic and the pool hours are until 11 pm! Perfect for vacation!

Room Tip: Book online for best rates
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are gald you enjoyed your visit and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

A colleague of mine and I stayed here for a training conference they hold in Walt Disney World every summer. Now if they always hold their conferences in this hotel, I'm not sure, but it wasn't the best.
Our school got a "discounted rate" at $165 per night (down from $215) so they paid about $330 for our two nights. (I did a lot of research the days prior, and there are several other hotels that I have stayed in before, have lower rates, and a higher rating from me).

When we arrived, I was greeted by someone at the desk, I believe named Brooke. She was very helpful and polite. I came to check in early so I could enjoy the pool before my trainings started and she gladly accommodated (I thought I would have to wait). She explained to me that my room had already been paid for in full (with the exception of parking, which I was aware) and would not need a credit card for the reservation, so I didn't leave one (this comes into play later).
The property is beautiful and the pools are nice, but the place doesn't have the "wow" factor I was reading about before my trip.

When I got to the room, a part of the carpet felt very wet. I'm not one to complain and I chalked it up to the room being extrememly cold and maybe it was just moisture from the a/c, so I didn't ask for another room.

I thought it was strange they didn't have two seperate bath soaps (one for the sink and one for the shower) which is something I see standard in hotels.

My roommate and I could hear EVERYTHING going on out in the hallways. There were times when she was at the sink and I thought she was talking to me because the voices in the hallway were so audible.

The refridgerator wasn't cold until the second day, so I couldn't put my breakfast items in there (I had to fill the ice bucket to keep my cream cheese cool as a bagel and cream cheese at the hotel is much more expensive than grocery store items).

We ate at Benihana the first night. I will say we got plenty of food for a good price, but again the fridge wasn't cold so I couldn't save the extra food I had left over. :(

The next night we ate at the Italian restaurant on site. It was pretty good, but our lettuce in the caesar salads were not chopped up, not a big deal, but I didn't expect to have to work for my food, haha.

Again, the pools are nice and the servers at the pool bar are great. They were attentive and made good suggestions for lunch items.

Here is where my colleague and I were really disappointed. She arrived after me and since I was at the pool, she went to the front desk to get a key for the room. She left a credit card with the person at the desk just in case she wanted to charge anything to the room. When we checked out, (I can't remember her name) explained to us that our school sent a check for three rooms (as we have more colleagues staying at the hotel later in the week for more trainings). Well, apparently they had only sent a check for the subtotal of the three rooms, but didn't include the tax. We got hit at the end of our stay with a $41 "tax charge" that at the beginning of our stay Brooke had told me our room had been paid in full. This other woman said they charge tax at the end of the stay, which is completely foreign to me in any hotel. For example, I booked a hotel nearby for the following night (as their rates were much lower and closer to Universal where I was planning to attend). I paid for tax when I booked the reservations. Also, if my colleague had never put a credit card down for the room as the first desk attendant had told me I didn't have to, I don't think the tax issue would have even been brought up. I mean, our school paid for this hotel back in april I believe, you would have thought the taxes would have been included. Our secretary took care of the issue and we have been told that it would be credited back to our account, but it was just more of a hassle than I would have expected.

All in all, most of the staff is nice and helpful and the hotel is in great proximity to downtown disney and the other disney parks. However, I would not pay this amount of money for this hotel. Luckily I didn't have to this time.

Last time we stay in the Disney area, we stayed at the Radisson (literally about a mile down the road) for much cheaper and I found it to be a nicer hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2011

Thank you for your candid commentary on your recent visit to our resort. We appreciate the feedback you provided both positive and negative. It helps us improve our service and accommodations. Should you have further questions regarding the taxes charged to your account please feel free to contact me directly at 407-827-3800.

Reviewed July 13, 2011

The location to Disney, the pool, and the restaurant were terrific - but the room was not. They knocked down a wall between 2 rooms and called it a suite which just ended up having a big empty space in the middle of the room. Very old and dated furniture besides. We only stayed one night and won't go back unless they do a big remodel!

Room Tip: Check if rooms remodeled before you book
  • Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2011

This hotel was excellent. The location is very near major restaurants & shops (Downtown Disney is visible from many rooms). The shuttle service was also very good. This hotel is also part of Extra Magic Hours. We had only one incident using our Hilton card for EMH.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2011

we stayed here 6/'29-7/3 everything about this place was great from the entrance and front desk staff to the rooms. the rooms were large enough and the beds were very comfortable. the kids enjoyed the pools and we liked the fact that downtown disney was right across the street. they do charge $10.00 a night to park but considering what we paid and the fact that you could use their busses we did not mind the charge.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs™ Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2011

Greetings from the Hilton Walt Disney World Resort and thank for taking the time to share your comments about our property. We are continually working to improve all aspects of our property and we are happy that you enjoyed your recent visit.