I arrived late into Orlando from a long drive. Had reservations for a 4-night stay at the adjacent hotel but their electric was out along with their A/C. I was pleased that Baymont actually beat the other hotel's price (the rates were $38/night). But BEWARE... you get what you pay for.
The highway in front of the hotel is heavily trafficked so the in-and-outs were a bit of a pain until I discovered the rear exit onto a lighter traveled road. You also may notice the foot traffic (I mean the occasional woman slow-walking late in the evening, swinging the pocket book, wearing a brightly colored dress and high heels... you get the idea) anyway, you may see her walking in-out of the parking lot. BTW - although there are key card swipes, none of the outside doors in building D had working locks.
There are four buildings A-D, my wife and I stayed in D. Our room faced a parking lot for trucks so if you do go there, be sure to ask not to get that side. Fortunately (not for ease of getting the bags up) we were on the 2nd floor. My wife noticed a snake outside the balcony door on the lower level. This would have freaked her out and I would not have gotten any sleep if we were on the lower level.
There was an obvious piece of trash under the bathroom sink that managed to stay the four nights. The maid replaced the towels - ok, but only vacuumed upon request. Even with the vacuum, that piece of trash remained.
Ok, for the good: light breakfast was ok. They had waffles and french toast... but without eggs and bacon. Good thing they had a refrigerator and microwave in the room.
I'm very tolerant of many things but the kicker for me was the fact that on checkout I casually reminded the fact that they had to exterminate the room to the young lady at the desk and politely asked if there was anything she could do for the unpleasant interuption. I was mildly shocked by her firm reply - NO. I had no time to go up the food chain but needless to say, I WILL NOT BE RETURNING THERE!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here at Baymont Inn & Suites Florida Mall, you can always count on first class accommodations and unsurpassed guest service. That's why we offer such luxuries as complimentary continental breakfast, a fitness center, outdoor over-sized pool, a kiddie's pool, Fax and copy service, non-smoking guestrooms, on-site laundry and same day dry cleaning service. Sleep late and enjoy our HOTEL EXCLUSIVE 2:00 PM Standard check out time. BREAKFAST As our guest, you will start your day off right, with our complimentary continental breakfast bar. Treat yourself to a variety of favorites like fresh Danish pastries, some of the best made French Toast and waffles, bread, bagels, cereal, milk, 2 types of fresh fruit, muffins, and more. Of course, there's plenty of hot coffee, tea and juice too! We guarantee you'll be satisfied! CLOSE TO EVERYTHING We're just a blink away from the 528 the beeline expressway, Florida Turnpike, and interstate 4. We're centrally located, and are within walking distance of the Florida Mall, the largest retail center in Florida! You'll find big names like Sak's Fifth Avenue, NORDSTROM, Lord and Taylor, Sears, J-C Penny, Macys, and Dillards. Visit the Florida Mall food court, with more than 20 outlet restaurants, movie theaters. We're a 10 minute drive away from Universal Studios Orlando and SeaWorld. The Walt Disney World Resort is 15 minutes' drive away. It's simply the best shopping, tourism and relaxing opportunity you have when you're away from home. BUSINESS TRAVELER Being on the road for business doesn't mean you have to be off track. Here at Baymont Inn and Suites Florida Mall, we give you plenty of room to relax and get the job done, offering such office-on-the-road musts as fax and copy services, a large well-lit desk with ergonomic chair, free high speed internet access, exercise room to help you unwind. For your convenience we are close to Orlando's corporate headquarters like Lockheed Martin, The Convention Center, Orlando International Airport, International Drive and downtown, join us at Baymont Inn and Suites Florida Mall for a relaxing and productive stay. FLEXIBLE MEETING SPACE Here at the Baymont Inn and Suites Florida Mall we could have stopped with spacious guest rooms and suites but we didn't. We thought you'd appreciate the value of flexible meeting space and a staff that can take care of all the details. No matter what kind of event you're planning, talk to our hospitality professionals today. It's just one more way we do more. WYNDHAM REWARDS POINTS Here at the Baymont Inn and Suites Florida Mall, you'll earn points for free stays or miles. This includes a free room upgrade, free U-S-A Today newspaper and late check outs. Please ask us about how you can receive Wyndham Rewards points during your stay with us and earn future rewards. Above all, it's free to enroll. POOL SAFETY Vacations by the pool are supposed to be fun, so please be safe. Never leave a child unattended in the water or pool area for any reason. If you must leave the pool area, take your child with you, making sure the pool gate latches securely when it closes. Have a safe and happy vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Baymont Inn & Suites Florida Mall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baymont Inn And Suites Florida Mall/Orlando
- Baymont Inn & Suites Florida Mall/Orlando Hotel Orlando
- Baymont Inn Orlando
- Baymont Inn Florida Mall
- Orlando Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Orlando