“Fantastic!”

Ranked #294 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Puerto Rico
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed September 6, 2010

I was on a 3 day trip for a job interview and the first day I stayed at Super 8 across the intersection from this Hotel. One day was enough for me. The rate was a bit more expensive than the Baymount, the rooms will never compare. The cleaniness,the quality, comfortability and attention at the Baymount Inn on OBT, shocked me. I got to my room, when I opened the door, I saw a King size bed, the room temperature was nice, sofa bed, clean carpet from wall to wall, clean bath room. A immediately called the front desk and asked them if they had made a mistake because of the rate I was given, I expected a normal room, nothing too fancy. And to my surpised they said, "No, Mr Diaz, that's your room, enjoy!". I fell in love quick with these guys. When I return to Orlando, guess where I'm staying.....Ah, by the way I paid $36.00 for the night, thanks AARP and Baymount!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank bodiaz1311
Managers25696, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Florida Mall, responded to this review, January 28, 2011
I'm so glad you had a wonderful stay here at the Baymont Inn & Suites. You're comments are deeply appreciated. While I sometimes have a hard time trying to place quality above value, that's not for want of trying. They shouldn't go hand in hand but they do. We strive for excellence in customer satisfaction and when we hear it from wonderful guests such as yourself, we are sometimes left speechless. It was truly a pleasure reading your review and being reminded and reinforced in the knowledge that we are doing a good job.
All The Best,
Deborah Loftis, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 2, 2010

My first time staying at this hotel, I had such a wonderful stay, the room are so clean, housekeeping always on time. The check-in process was fast and the staff at the front desk was so friendly and polite. the breakfast was great. my whole stay was just awesome. I will recomend this hotel to my friends and family. I give this hotel a 10 being excellent!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chicasencilla
Thank you so much for your kind words. It's always a pleasure to have someone as appreciative as yourself tell us that we're doing a good job. I see that you are a local resident of Orlando which means your review means much more to me being that there is so much competition in the Orlando hotel market. You are therefore, in my opinion, more likely to discern from one property to another what you feel to be quality and value, more so than someone who does not hail from Orlando. Once again, thanks for your kind review and I look forward to having you here as a guest in the near future.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed September 2, 2010

I stayed at this location to be near my coporate headquarters. The service agent at the desk welcomed use with a smile. I never have had such a pleasures of talking to someone. During my stay I forgot to remove my do not disturb sign and found when I returned to hotel around 8 p.m. my room was not serviced. The agent at the desk called the engineer and he serviced my room. What a REMARKABLE staff.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding the staff. We never take them for granted, they are the backbone of this hotel and of the industry. As goodwill ambassadors they are second to none. The staff can make or break a property and I'm proud to say that we have a wonderfully trained staff who are as personable as they are professional.
Scotland
Reviewed July 28, 2010

We stayed in the Baymont Inn for our two week trip to Orlando, and had a wonderful time. As a previous reviewer says, it is situated on a very busy road and getting into the traffic is difficult, although we exited the car park on Landstreet Road and had very little difficulty joinging the main traffic flow, notwithsdtanding the double yellow line in the middle of the road.

Having informed the hotel of our expected late arrival around 9pm, because of delays to our flights from Edinburgh we eventually rolled up at around 1.15am the next morning. This wasn't a problem and we were very quickly advised of our room. However the room had obviously been used since it had been serviced earlier that day, and when we arrived, dirty towels were lying on the bathroom floor, medication was left on the bedside table, food had been left on the cabinet above the TV, and the bed blankets were ruffled. A quick trip back down to reception had us in a neighbouring room which was perfectly adequate for our stay, considering, as stated in previous reviews, how much we paid.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, and had time to talk to us when they weren't dealing with other guests, and this was much appreciated.

The complimentary breakfast was very nice, there being plenty to eat, although the bagels ran out very quickly, if you were late down, you were out of luck. However there was enough to eat and set you up for the day. There was also free coffee on tap during the day and we enjoyed this on several occasions.

The swimming pool was a favourite haunt of ours, and we found it clean and safe, set in very pleasant grounds which we much enjoyed sitting and relaxing in.

Although this was a 'budget' hotel, we would consider returning here, and have no difficulty recommending it to those who may want a pleasant, but cheaper, stay not too far from Orlando Airport, or all that far from the main attractions.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of my property. I'm so glad we were able to meet your expectations and that you had such a marvelous stay. We do get many guests who come from the United Kingdom, and I must say that we are as delighted to have them as guests as anyone can imagine. The level of civility is so high when one deals with people from a country that stresses education and culture above everything else. It would be my pleasure to have your return here as a guest for your next holiday.
All The Best,
Johnson City, TN
Reviewed July 9, 2010

The hotel is near the loudest road in Orlando so it is difficult to sleep. Our first room there had dog food all in the floor that had been left from a previous guest. The sheets were dirty and the room smelled damp. We went to the front desk and were greeted by a very sarcastic woman that moved us to another room. The next room was a little better and cleaner but still not great. Overall I would not want to ever stay here again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience on your first stay at the Baymont, Florida Mall. The noise of the traffic has never been such a consideration from the other guests, otherwise this would be mentioned to me constantly. This is not the case. In fact, when the owners of the property come to stay at their property, they stay on the same side that you stayed on and have never mentioned traffic noise to me as a consideration. If this were the case they would immediately move to another part of the hotel as is not only their right but yours as well. If there was a problem with the next room you were moved to such as carpet, television or WiFi reception, air conditioning, water temperature, water pressure, cleanliness, noisiness, fixtures or appliances not operating properly, etc. then these issues should always be brought to my attention as that is what the job of a General Manager is all about, rectifying problems. Please contact me directly at (407) 851-8200 and ask for Deborah Loftis, GM so that we can ensure that should you decide to give us another chance that your stay here will be perfect and you will be 100% satisfied with your room.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 27, 2010

For a family vacation, I strongly suggest a nicer hotel. Even if you are on a budget, there are nicer affordable hotels, after all this is Orlando. After a long day at an amusement park or whatever, you do not want to come back to a smelly place. A more enjoyable experience is worth a few extra dollars!

Place description: very "motel-like", two story; bad location (near stripper bars)

AVOID THIS LOCATION!!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Managers25696, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Florida Mall, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
I'm truly embarrassed to have a guest with your caliber take the time to write such deplorable things regarding my property. If any of them were true I would be even more embarrassed.
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed June 10, 2010

This is one of those "pray to don't have any issue", because if you do you will be by yourself. You will have to be hard with them and probably will lose time.

The rooms, location and food (breakfast) are ok for the price, but I have had an issue and it took more than a month for them to solve it. They really ignore you on those cases.

I arrived at the hotel on Apr 30 at night with wife and two kids. I payed at the front desk for one night - but would like 3 more. Next morning my wife found that at the Internet the price was better, so she did a reservation at hotels.com. The reservation was made on her name, that is completely different from mine and that have caused a double charge and took more than a month to be solved (in fact is not finished yet while I am writing here). On the following days I went to the front desk every morning and every evening to ask about the receiving of the internet reservation. I clearly said all times that my wife's name is different, but no one checked - they just said (many different employees) that no one reservation have come from hotels.com. I have called hotels.com at least two times and they have resent the reservation by fax to the hotel, but they still "didn't find it".

On the last night finally a good guy on the front desk found my wife's reservation and found that they gave her a "no show". He said that now everything would be fixed. Next day, last morning, I checked again at the front desk and another girl said she was aware of the problem and would fix it personally.

For my surprise, after that they charged me and my wife. On May 10th I sent a fist email to the hotel. This was the first of about 11 emails. The person seams to not be reading the emails and a month after was still asking me for information that was sent on the first email and still copied on the history of every email. I just made them recognize the double charge after calling myself to hotels.com and wait on the line for about half an hour while they called the hotel. The hotel finally found my wife's "no show" at their system. They had all the information to find that one month before, what shows what I meant with "you will be by yourself" and "They really ignore you".

That is not all. While at the hotel we went to the big Orlando parks everyday. And everyday we arrived at the hotel at night, with two little kids sleeping. We have had to go from the third block to the front desk all night to re-validate the room key, because everyday the keys have gotten expired, even without any checkout done by us and with all our luggage into the room.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
#279 of 337 in Orlando
Florida Mall
Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall
Florida Mall
Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Florida Mall? Share your experiences!