“Very nice motel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #298 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Very nice motel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2010

We have stayed at this motel before so when we came back to the area we stayed again. For the price, its a very nice motel. The room was spacious and clean, the bed was very comfortable, the breakfast had a good variety of food. We were not disappointed at all and when we come back to the area, we will definately stay there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2010

We stayed at this hotel four nights. Overall, it was a great value, and we would stay there again. We were within a close proximity to attractions like Sea World and Disney World. With our AAA discount, the room for four was only $54 (plus tax) per night. It included a mini fridge and microwave. The room itself was clean when we checked in, and the housekeepers kept it tidy each day while we were gone. It was a large space. The carpet was worn but didn’t appear dirty. The beds were comfortable. The wireless internet is included but seemed pretty slow for high speed.

Our room was near the railroad tracks, and like other reviewers, we heard the train pass by (loudly) every morning around 5:30-6:00 am. Also, our ventilation/fan system in the bathroom worked poorly causing a lot of humidity during showers.

I am someone constantly aware of my surroundings, and I didn’t feel unsafe at this hotel. We swam outside in the pool several nights and never felt any danger. The pool was large and clean. The area surrounding the pool was landscaped well. The continental breakfast was served 6:30-9:30 am and had a wide variety of choices (4 cereals, toast, bagels, French toast, frozen waffles, fresh fruit, oatmeal, yogurt, coffee, juice). All staff we interacted with were polite and friendly.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
West Bath, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2010

Stayed at the Baymont Inn due to its proximity to the Orlando Airport. We were treated to an early check-in by a very efficient staff member, she even tracked down the house keeping staff to get the room ready. Later in the day we discovered that a previous guest had apparantly spilled a dairy product in our room, and the oder was becoming intolerable, we were promptly moved to a suite with no extra charge. The breakfast was not only complimentary, but very expansive with waffles, french toast, bagles, muffins, cereal, fruit juices, coffee and tea. The hotel has complimentary coffee 24/7 in the lobby. Our check-out was very brief, as our receipt had been slipped under our door sometime during the early morning hours. The desk clerk even gave me the most direct route to the airport. We continue to appreciate the superior customer service at this hotel, as they continue to search for my wife's missing camera that she left behind somewhere in our last day in Florida. I would be remiss in not mentioning that my wife and I both agreed that our king bed at the Baymont Inn was the most comfortable bed we slept in while on our Florida vacation.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Jerusalem
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2010

The hotel is ok for the price.The issue that left me with a very bad impression is what happend after I cheked out.While on the way to the airport to fly home I noticed that I forgot my coat in the hotel.I called them the day after, spoke several times with the reception and housekeeping and despite being polite it seemed that they covered for someone who took the coat.They said it was'nt found.Give me a break ,you can not miss an extra large coat.Indeed it is my fault that I forgot it there,but I would expect that if someone from their personnel finds it they will keep it in their lost & found.it seems they were dishonest with me and this is why I would not go back there again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank aysl
chicago,illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2010

I booked my stay through expedia, and for 59.99, what a value! Clean rooms, friendly customer service, and close to restaurants. Would recommend highly.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2010

The only reason to give this place one star is that the staff was very friendly and that the continental breakfast was good. The room was not clean, lamp shades were dusty, curtain on door wall riped and dirty. Door wall would not open. Bathroom had mold on ceiling. TV was all static. Reporting these things did not fix any of them. Phone did not work. They need to get a whole new cleaning crew or they will continue to lose business.

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Navarre, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2010

Stayed one night. Great location to get to airport. I think the airport is only one exit down. &-11 next door to fill up rental car. Free internet (cable)in room or you can use business center free if you don't have the cable.

For $60-$70 in Orlando, very close to Airport and Florida Mall, this is a great value. It was clean but worn. There is a difference between worn and dirty. If you want granite counters and new carpet, better pay more. Has frige, microwave, coffee pot,tv, free internet.
The workers, especially front desk young woman, was as good as any desk clerk at any 4 star hotel. I observed her make all kind of special arrangements for a Russian guy.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dkorwood
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
#280 of 335 in Orlando
Florida Mall
Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall
Grand Hotel Orlando
#219 of 335 in Orlando

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Florida Mall? Share your experiences!