“Exceeded expectations”

Baymont Inn & Suites Florida Mall
Ranked #289 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed June 8, 2012

For the price, I couldn't have asked for more. Everything was clean, the room was quiet, the beds were comfortable, and the location was convenient for vacationers. I stayed for a week and it was absolutely enjoyable. The customer service was especially pleasant. Jorge and Carlos were so helpful. CARLOS, thank you for answering the phone and helping out every time we called to ask for something. You're the best. Really. Ms. Loftis, Carlos deserves to be employee of the month. Again. If I ever visit the area again, I'm definitely coming here to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,167)

Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

I really enjoyed this place, the receptionist who helped us was very kind and helpful. The rooms were good, you can nitpick but overall I liked it. The shower was amazing and cleaner that I thought it would be. The tv had cable but not a lot of channels to pick from. The Internet is not fast but it wasn't crawling either I'd say dsl speeds. The only huge cons I'd say is that the trucks that stayed outside over night honked and woke me up a few times and that room service kept knocking even with the do not disturb sign on the door and then even though you tell them no thanks they call your room to make sure... All we wanted was to sleep so that annoyed us.
A huge pro was that when we called the front desk for free toothpaste the hotel manager came and hand delivered it to our room, that is what I call hospitality :)

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank SeizeLife
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My name is Edwin Corlano me and my fiance stayed at the Baymont on Obt by the florida mall on May. 17th 2012 and we were checked in room 225 building Business we were awakened by Bedbugs and had been bitten in my arms and my fiance was bitten on here stomach and legs at 12:30am May18th. I killed 2 bedbugs and brought them to the front desk and me and my fiance were given another room in a different building room 240 building C and we were assured that they never had a Bedbugs problem. Well within the 3rd night in room 240 building C. We were totally upset because we were awakened again at 3am with bedbugs bites. I again brought thebedbug to management with the worst customer service I have ever seen. I would totally advise anyone to call Baymont and verify my name that I stayed there. In the end management contacted police because we were upset that nothing was being done about us getting bit by Bedbugs in 2 different buildings B and Christina and the managers was visibly upset that me and my fiance were upset about getting bit by Bedbugs in front of other hotel guests.

Room Tip: Do not come here or you will get bitten by bedbugs
Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EDWIN C
Managers25696, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Florida Mall, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

On May 17th this guest checked in for a one night stay. On May 18th he extended his stay for an additional night however requesting a room change. We acknowledged his request for the room change in addition to alerting Terminex, our contracted pest control experts, to investigate our guests alleged claim of bedbugs. After a thorough investigation, it was found that the room in question was completely devoid of any bedbugs whatsoever. We also have a notice of inspection available for anyone that requests any further additional inquiries. One would assume that given this guests alleged bedbug dilemma, why would he want to continue to extend his stay at this property on a day to day basis for the next subsequent three days. I sure know that I would not want to. On May 21st we had to enlist the assistance of the Orange County Sheriff's Office to have this unruly, disruptive guest removed from the property and he was summarily issued a trespass warning. It was also called to my attention that after being escorted off the property by the Sheriff it was noticed that this guest apparently was residing out of his van. Clearly the pattern of behaviour, direction and focus are all indicative of someone to find any excuse conceivable to bow out of his obligation to pay for his lodging. Unfortunately this is a cross that each and every hotelier must bear and we have walked this path on more occasions than I care to reflect on.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

This is a decent hotel to stay at for a night or two. Not a place I would go to spend time and relax at. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable, but could use an upgrade. The breakfast was better than expected. French toast and waffles were an option along with the basic continental breakfast choices. Location wasn't the greatest, but if you have a car its pretty convenient...near major highways. Overall, the hotel was good....nothing fancy....you get what you pay for. Like I said earlier good to spend a night or two. Economical hotel.

Room Tip: This hotel has no elevators.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Edgar,
Thank you for your'e honest, candid review. We at the Baymont are constantly striving to make each and every guests stay at our property a memorable one. I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast at our, according to your'e words, good economical hotel and look forward to seeing you back in the future.
Deborah, Loftis,

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Good price for a decent-enough-to-sleep-in hotel. Bathtub was filthy (dark dirt residue on floor) and the room in general looked/felt/smelled like it had been clean well, but not deep-cleaned. Bed was a bit hard, and pillows too soft (for my taste). Breakfast was okay, with the expected budget continental breakfast. The minimal contact I had with staff was nice. The area is definitely not the best: lots of police and prostitution activity at night. It's a busy and normal commercial area during the day, but I guess it becomes prostitute town at night. The rooms have free access from the street and anybody can walk in. Big signs of "Do not leave valuables in your car - Hotel is not responsible for damage or loss..." were not very reassuring, but still the hotel felt safe enough. Not a place I would take my family to, but okay enough for a business trip on a budget. Again, not bad for the price and I'd stay there again if need be.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Dear Tatatu,
Thank you for your review of our property. I'm glad that overall you had a pleasant safe experience at this property. I definitely understand what you are saying regarding the signs in the parking lot indemnifying the owners from any responsibility regarding theft. Unfortunately, just about every property that I have stayed at, and that number is in the hundreds by now, has these signs clearly posted. I think that you can understand the reasoning behind this but in our defence let me also state that since we offer free parking it would be impossible to absolutely confirm that anything was in fact truly stolen from an automobile on our property. What's amazing about this is that I have had to stay at properties in the heart of major cities that charge upwards of twenty dollar a day for parking and they also feel that they should not be responsible for any damage or theft from vehicles staying on their property. There are even hotel properties in Orlando that charge for parking with these signs clearly posted. Looking forward to seeing you here again at the Baymont.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

For starters, we got what we expected. A simple one-night affordable accomodation with a clean room and bathroom (no mold). The personnel was friendly and professional. The breakfast (included) simple.
As we were just passing through we didn't care about nearby restaurants, etc.

Would definitely book it again for the same purpose.

Dito with "MontanaKim".

The bed was very cumfy.

The only thing I can complain about are the toenail cuttings on the carpet from the previous guest.

Room Tip: Room closest to reception.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 14, 2012

My brother lives in Orlando and said it was a bad area and bad hotel.....I took the chance and it paid off!!!!! Stayed 4 nights at the begining of our trip and 1 night at the end.........Great rate, very good breakfast and even got an airport shuttle. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have slept in a hotel.......the carpet in the room wasnt the greatest....but everything cant be perfect........the computers in the business center are very slow ' but to print your boarding pass it was fine............free wi'fi in rooms........the staff was very friendly........has a gym ' although we didnt use it there were people using it and looked pretty well equipped......walking distance to the Florida Mall and about 20 minutes to the parks...........I would definately stay again and recommend it to anyone, business travelers ' family on budgets

Room Tip: Althought it only has 2 floors if you have lots of luggage pick one close to the lobby.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family

Dear Brenda,
Thank you for your'e wonderful review. You made my day. We are in the process of renovating our rooms. The carpet is being replaced and the walls are being painted in addition to having our wi-fi service upgraded to a higher MB output. We're constantly renovating to keep our property as fresh and up to date as possible. Looking forward to seeing you here in the near future.