Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row
Ranked #255 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed April 15, 2014

This Extended Stay America was clean and quiet. It is located across the street from a large shopping center with a Super WalMart, a Logan's Roadhouse and several fast food restaurants and it's a 5-10 minute drive to I-Drive. The hotel is safe, clean and quiet and the staff was friendly. The pool is clean. As with any extended stay hotel, you won't get daily housekeeping unless you pay extra for it but that's the deal, so know that going in. The kitchens are fully equipped and my room was clean and quiet.

Room Tip: If you're not a smoker, make sure you get a room on the first or second floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank buddyrsd
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that we were able to provide you with a clean, quiet stay in a safe, convenient location. As well, it's great to hear that you found our staff to be friendly during your visit. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our staff. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

If you want to go to univ studio, sea world or convention center, it s a good location but it s far from Disney. Staff is ok but can be friendlier. Rooms re clean but the chair needs replaced. Looks old and dirty. Bathroom s clean. Walmart is close by. They need to change the hallway carpets. It s old and dirty.
I think it was a good deal. Don't believe all negative reviews. I think some people are spoiled and think they re entitled and will complain about little things . Who complains about not enough tv channels come on you re on vacation . Don't watch tv. People whine a lot and guess who is the fattest nation in the world. There re many people in the world who re suffering so stop whining and enjoy the vacation . It s affordable so we can spend more on other things. This is my 10th time here and I always stayed at clarion since I was a med student. Extended stay s more quiet. I ll try the one at lake Buena vista next time.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Catwoman82927
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We discovered this hotel a few years ago when we were looking for a new place to stay for Megacon each year and boy were we suprised!

I have waited about two years before posting an actual review of the Hotel because I wanted to see if our opinions would have changed, and I can tell you that they have not. We LOVE this place!

The staff is extremely courteous & helpful, the hotel while a littler older is clean. As a smoker it is nice to see a place that still has indoor smoking rooms. The kitchen area is large enough to prepare meals and still have room for coffee pots etc.

We always bring ALOT of things for the convention and the rooms have VERY large closets.
The only issues we have ever had was last year when we were burning incense in the room and someone complained. Again the staff was very kind and made a compromise with us...We cracked a window..

I have seen several horrible reviews of this hotel and wonder if they were staying in the same place as us because I have NOTHING bad at all to say. We stay there every Megacon and when we visit the Orlando area, matter of fact we will be checking in in 11 days for this year (2014's) Megacon!!

Room Tip: If you are a smoker, they ARE friendly :-)
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank CaptainConner
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Solicitei um quarto para não fumantes. Fui colocada em um quarto para fumantes (109) e solicitei a troca. O quarto para não fumantes (129) tinha o mesmo cheiro de cigarro.
O quarto estava sujo em diversas partes, mal aspirado. Alguns itens parecem velhos e desgastados, como a banheira, o ar condicionado e a cortina, que estava presa com um prendedor de roupas. O ar condicionado é muito barulhento e pouco potente.
A máquinas de secar e lavar também são sujas.
A porta lateral, que ficava localizada ao lado do meu quarto, não abria com minha chave eletrônica. Comuniquei ao atendente da noite, que apenas disse que a porta não abre com alguns cartões e não tentou resolver meu problema. Este atendente não é nada simpático e prestativo, ao contrário da atendente do dia (Portia).
É dito que o hotel oferece café da manhã, mas é tão pobre que eu não contaria com isso.
O ponto positivo é o fato de contar com geladeira e cozinha. Também me permitiram fazer o check in às 13 horas ao invés das 15 horas.
Não sou muito exigente com hotéis e prefiro gastar com outras coisas, mas mesmo assim não voltaria a me hospedar neste hotel.
Eu e meu marido indicamos este hotel para alguns amigos que estavam lá no mesmo período que nós e fiquei constrangida pela qualidade encontrada no hotel.
Havia me hospedado em outro hotel da rede anteriormente (Extended Saty America - Orlando - Southpark - Commmodity Circle) e pensei que este seria de qualidade semelhante, mas me decepcionei e provavelmente não me hospedarei mais na rede.
O hotel enviou formulário para realização de avaliação enquanto estava hospedada lá, porém enquanto viajava não tive tempo de responder. Tentei responder agora (10 dias após o check out) e já não está mais disponível.

I requested a non smoking room. I was put in a smoking room (109) and requested the exchange. The non smoking room (129) had the same smoked smell.
The room was dirty in many parts , poorly vacuumed. Some items look old and worn, like bath, air conditioning and curtain, which was fastened by a clothespin. The air conditioning is very noisy and underpowered .
The washing and dry machine werw also dirty.
I wasn't able to open de side door, which was located next to my room, with my electronic key . I communicated it to the night attendant , who just said that the door does not open with some keys and didn't try to solve my problem. The night attendant isn't nice and helpful, unlike the day attendant (Portia).
It is said that the hotel offers breakfast, but it is so poor that I would not count on it .
The positive point is having a refrigerator and kitchen at the room. They also allowed me to check in at 1pm instead of 3pm.
I'm not very picky when choosing hotels and prefer to spend my money on other things, but I will never stay at this hotelagain .
My husband and I have indicated this hotel to some friends who were there at the same time and we got embarrassed by the quality found in the hotel.
I had stayed at another Extended stay hotel previously (Extended Saty America - Orlando - Southpark - Circle Commmodity ) and thought this would be of similar quality , but I'm very disappointed and will probably never stay at any Extended Saty Hotel again.
They sent me by e-mail a form for conducting review while staying there, but while traveling I had no time to respond. I tried to answer now (10 days after check out ) and is no longer available .

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Luciana222
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I stayed here a couple nights, since I had to stay in Orlando extra days due to bad weather back up in the Northeast. I got a great rate via Priceline, but was a bit concerned once I started reading the TripAdvisor reviews. The hotel appeared to be built sometime in the late 1990s and hasn't been updated since then. The carpeting, kitchen, furniture, etc all showed moderate age and wear & tear. Extended Stay really needs to invest in this property to bring it up to 2014 standards, otherwise it'll be stuck at its current budget motel-level standards. The staff was nice & helpful & the laundry facilities were useful. The only catch was that after I put 4 quarters into the laundry detergent vending machine, nothing came out. After complaining to the front desk, they gave me one of their spare detergent packets. The free breakfast was quite basic, having coffee, breakfast bars, & oatmeal packets (no protein items). On the plus side, the wi-fi was free and a good connection. Also the pool area was a bit worn, however the heated water made it nice for a quick dip. Since I got a good rate via Priceline I'd say I'm satisfied with my stay, but I would not pay full price for a room here, unless they went through a major refurbishment.

Room Tip: Get a 3rd floor room, so you don't hear footsteps and banging above you when you try to sleep.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

David - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our helpful staff, free Wi-Fi and our laundry facilities. Still, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast and the overall condition of our hotel did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be very helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at sor@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

This is one of the most horrible experiences I’ve had after booking a hotel. I was excited about my New Years Eve reservations at Universal and decided to use priceline’s help me find a suitable hotel. I checked in at the Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row hotel around 9pm and when I opened the door to the room it reeked of cigarette smoke. The room was so dirty, the chair had what looked like blood stains on it! There were multiple stains on the sheets and pillows the room was just so filthy I knew I couldn’t sleep there even for one night!! At that point I immediately went to the desk and complained, I was told they had nothing else available, I asked for my money back and to check me out, she took my key and replied that I had to contact priceline for a refund and I checked out! It was a huge inconvenience to have to take time out of the night to secure another hotel room before going to the park. I would never stay at this place ever again I was extremely disappointed!

Room Tip: Avoid this place!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bradford S
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have stayed in quite a few Extended Stay hotels. I like them because they are cheap and no frills but clean and safe. This one is a lower standard than any I have stayed in before. I will say the staff was always pleasant. One night at 2:30AM (in December!) 8 adults were partying in the pool. This involved a lot ot screaming and loud laughter. I called the desk and they took care of it. What I didn't like was the smell of everything. Hallways just smelled bad. My room smelled like old chinese food for the 9 days I was there. Also everything was the cheapest quality possible. The bed was so hard I considered sleeping on the floor - it actually felt like there were metal bars in places on the surface of the matress. The counter top was not attached to the "facing" (?) of the cabinet in the bathroom - there was at least an inch gap. It had no dishwasher. The breakfast was granola bars, muffins and coffee. Worst - this is a very inconvenient location. Will not return to this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ellen H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The challenges you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am committed to making sure the hallways are monitored on a week to week basis as well as the upkeep.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at sor@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.