“Room smelled like urine, will not stay again”

Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row
Ranked #267 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Middelburg, The Netherlands
“Room smelled like urine, will not stay again”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Room was dirty and smelled like urine. Carpet in the corridor was damaged. Cabinets in the room damaged. Hotel needs renovation in general. Shower was poor. Staff was friendly. According to my sons, the Pool was OK.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations. In response to your feedback, I am making sure all the rooms, hallways and corridors are properly maintained as we await our renovation which is coming this December. As a gesture of goodwill, there has been a credit issued for the inconvenience you experienced.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at SOR@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Johnson City
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My room was very comfortable and clean I felt like I was at home. Hotel was quiet. Bed was very comfortable. Wish I could have stayed longer. Nina was on duty when I checked in and when I checked out. She was so sweet, always smiling and willing to help.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Linda B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Linda - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was pleasant, I will definitely let my staff member know about the great service she provided. Our goal is to wow our guests and exceed their expectations .

Alicante, Spain
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The hotel is dirty and smells. The rooms are large and well laid out and have opening windows. The whole building needed professional cleaning and sanitizing, it was well past anything less. I was not expecting luxury but clean and odour free would have been nice.
The location was good, very quiet. Shops and restaurants across the road. The hotel staff were polite and pleasant and were always helpful
Had the rooms been clean they would have been comfortable but the standards were completely unacceptable throughout the building.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 204sunny204
Nassau, New Providence Island
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Boy talk about unnecessary complaints. This hotel couldn't be anymore comfortable for my husband and I. We were planning our trip for months so that means I searched online everyday for hotels and read reviews good and bad from probably every hotel in orl. Check in took maybe 5 mins and thanks to ALLI she made our 6 day stay very pleasant. We had no problem with our room or bathroom,neva saw suspicious people hanging around or heard any noise while we were there. This hotel could be out the way if your not driving but if ur jus relaxing, the plaza across the street has a little shopping and dining for u.There is a Walmart and dollar tree across the street so u can gt grocery an cook ur dinner or lunch or mayb even breakfast because they usually just have muffins an tea,coffee or cocoa. As adults we were capable of cleaning after ourselves so having a maid cleaning after us wasn't needed.We went the first wk of March so we cudnt enjoy the pool while there because of the cold but we did go one evening an it was clean and was cleaned during our stay. We had no problems getting fresh linens(THANX ANTOINETTE),our phone worked an so did our television. I have no complaints about my stay at homestead and definitely will stay here again.Thanx for a great stay and beautiful smiles!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nina j
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed March 26, 2013

ok for the price. hallways smelled, so did room but turn on the AC and a little febreze and the room was ok, but do not turn off AC when you leave the room or you have to start over with the air freshener. some staff do not know enough about places in the area. Bed too hard for my taste, not enough TV channels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank thomas k
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Pros: under $50 night, cooking facilities in suite, pool, across from Mall, flat screen TVs
Cons: carpets in elevators dirty and worm, bathrooms tired, chipped mirror, rooms are tired.

There are better options in the area, like Extended Suites deluxe next door or hotels near International Drive. If this was ur first intro to Orlando, you'd be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank ozeeboy
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

The cleanliness of this hotel is terrible! I can not stress this enough the hallways smell badly and as soon as I went to take a shower we found what seemed to be pubic hairs in the shower curtains and tub so disgustin!!!

I happened to have a terrible allergic reaction when going into the room and laying on the bed and I am sure it was from the bed comforter which looked dirty and old like it has never been washed; We were staying for more than 2 weeks in the hotel so we wanted to swap rooms as I kept sneezing none stop! Eyes were extremelly red every time i layed on the bed, my boyfriend asked the lady at the front desk of we could switch rooms and all she said was "is probably her problem you guys should bring your own bed sheets and that should help" what?! Own bed sheets in a hotel?! Seriously we aske her again the next day and she refused to help so we waited until some one else was at the front desk to switch rooms.

They dont clean the rooms daily unless you stay there for more than a week which we have and our room still hasnt been cleaned yet im surprised people don't get infections at this place. I don't think I will be staying here again

• Stayed March 2013