Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center
Ranked #35 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed September 11, 2007

The Homewood Suites near Universal was the perfect place for our family to stay during our Orlando vacation. Everything was super-clean and comfortable and the staff was wonderfully attentive. The offered a great selection of items for breakfast as well as a "Welcome Home" reception in the early evening with drinks and snacks. The free shuttle to Universal was a great alternative to parking! My son had fun swimming in the large pool and I enjoyed a good workout in the gym. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
6  Thank PhillyGirl38
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center

Reviewed September 10, 2007

I'd read other good reviews of this hotel and thought, well, sounds great but is it true? What a gem this place was. I've been travelling to Orlando now for over 20years and this was the best hotel I've stayed in. Undoubtedly, the free breakfast is the star attraction. Eggs,sausage & has browns every day plus cereals,juices,pancakes, toasts,fresh fruit,yoghurt and even make your own waffles. We saved a fortune as we ate here every day and it was just as good as anything you'd find at Denny's. Clean, comfortable rooms with full, size fridge/dish washer and TV's in the living area nad bedroom. I couldn't fault it. Definitely recommended and would definitely stay here for my next trip to Orlando. 10/10 guys!
Ps There's free food in the evenings Mon thru Thurs + free beer/wine/soft drinks. Not as great quality as the breakfasts but a nice touch.

14  Thank davidmario
Reviewed September 8, 2007

We have just returned from 2 weeks at the Homewood and don't have a bad word to say about it. Reception staff were polite & efficient, check-in was quick & easy. Suites were spacious, (we had 2 adjacent 1 bedroom suites), king sized beds were comfy and the pull out in the lounge was fine and spacious. Kitchens had a large fridge & freezer, dishwasher, micro etc.
Breakfast was free every day from 7 to 10am including 5 cereals, scrambled egg, diced fried potatoes,either sausage or burger, make your own waffles, pancakes, toast, bagels, french toast, cinamon rolls, danish pastries, preserves & cream cheese. Tea, Coffee, juice, lemonade and coke available. There was a stready influx of diners every morning but only on Labor Day did we not manage to find a table (but there were 6 of us) so we took breakfast back to our room. (the maid then fills the dishwasher and returns trays back to the kitchens). It was useful having breakfast included, this meant we only went out for a buffet breafast once as a last day treat.
Managers Welcome Home reception is on Mondays to Thursdays from 5 to 7pm. Even though this is advertised as 'snacks' it was pretty much a full meal. Each night consisted of soup, salads, dips and a meal which changed each night (eg Sloppy Joes, Chicken & Rice, Spag Bol, Chicken Alfredo etc) and free sodas, Bud lights, red, white or rose wine.
As many have commented the pool is in the shade for most of the day, but we found this a welcome respite from the sun.
The housekeeping staff were always very friendly and happy, seeming to take a genuine interest in where people are going etc.
The location is very handy, though not directly on I-Drive (behind Dennys and Bahama Breeze).

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
14  Thank TheEdwards'
Reviewed September 8, 2007

We arrived here on 28th August. very quick check in - mentioned it was our 1st wedding anniversary. Within 10 mins of getting into our room, Virgil, the concierge, brought us a gift of 2 small bottles of wine & some shower/bath products - very impressed!
The rooms were very big. There were two TVs. The bed was massive. The fridge freezer was huge. The apartment was cleaned well daily.
the location is set back slightly from I-drive, so little noise. The pool gets sun from approx 11am thru to 5pm, but you need to swap loungers after 2pm to follow the sun.
Toasy, the Universal lady, was fantastic. very knowledgeable & very good at her job.
The best restaurants nearby are the Mexican/Tony Romas/Dennys.
Most taxi drivers could not locate the hotel without some assistance so may be best to bring a hotel card with you.
This was the best hotel we have ever stayed at ( and we have been to many all round the world).

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
13  Thank Bonyturn
Reviewed August 23, 2007

I have stayed at many great hotels all over the world and I would rate the Homewood Suites up there, especially factoring in the low rate for a one bedroom suite and very adequate breakfast. The room was spotless and I should've asked what kind of beds they had because it was one of the best I've ever slept on with nice linens and a comfy duvet. The housekeeping staff was very accomodating when asked for extra towels, shampoo, (nice touch, Neutrogena products) and more blankets. Why more blankets in the middle of summer? Because the a/c works great, especially after a long hot day at the House of Mouse. The staff at the front desk were great too. We arrived at the hotel around 8:30 am and they were more than happy to store our luggage til we checked in much later in the day. Also, when I requested more popcorn (hey, I had three kids with me!), they told me they were out but to go ahead and take a pint of ice cream from their small convenience store, next to the front desk. Never had time to use the pool as our stay there was only 3 days so can't comment on it. An added perk? Free internet usage in their business center and although there is only 2 computers, I never had a problem finding one available. On the last day we were there, I requested a late checkout, kind of pricey, almost what we paid for one night, but our flight wasn't leaving til 7:30 pm so having the room til 5 pm made our last day in Orlando much easier not having to pack early or lug around all our luggage. All in all? A 5 star experience at this hotel and would highly recommend to anyone visiting the Orlando area.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
11  Thank Eggg
Reviewed August 21, 2007

We stayed in this hotel during the first week of or two week honeymoon. We had a little apartment to oursleves, with large bedroom, little sittingroom/kitchen. Everything in the apartment worked and was clean and fresh. The kitchenette allowed us to have our own breakfasts and make tea/coffee when we pleased. We were on about the 5th floor, there were a couple of lifts to use that were in good order too.
Rooms were tidied/ cleaned daily and towels changed if you requested.
The hotel is well situated and there are plenty of eating places - both restaurants and buffets in the surrounding streets offering food at good prices. In fact, Orlando is a great place to be self catering as it is really cheap to eat out!
We enjoyed our stay and it was a great base for exploring Orlando.

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled as a couple
7  Thank thetravellingcouple
Reviewed August 20, 2007

My 17 year old son and I stayed at the Homewood Suites from August 17th until the 19th. I got a fantastic rate of 69.00 a night!!!

Check in isn't until 4:00 pm, but I arrived at the hotel around 1:30 and I had hoped to get into a room early. The people at the check in desk were professional and friendly. They had already assigned a room for me and it was not ready, but they were more than willing to put me into another room. About 15 minutes after we got into the room, the front desk called to ask me if the room was clean and comfortable. What a nice touch.

We had a one bedroom suite with a pool view on the 3rd floor. The room was good sized with a small kitchen. The living room had a sleeper sofa and a nice chair and matching ottoman. The bedroom had a king size bed and it was so comfortable. The mattress was very new and I slept very well.

The free breakfast was more than adequate. There were a lot of people in the breakfast area, but I was able to get a seat each morning.

This hotel had a nice pool and hot tub with plenty of chairs. The hotel is directly behind the Bahama Breeze restaurant on International Drive. There is a Subway and a TGIF right next door as well. Universal Boulevard is behind the hotel and it is a much better way to get to Universal Orlando than taking International Drive.

The people who work in this hotel are fantastic and our stay was great. I would gladly recommend this hotel and I will plan on staying here again the next time that I am in Orlando.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family