“Very Comfortable accomodations, Pleasant staff”

Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center
Ranked #33 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Our room was very comfortable (a/c a little noisy in living room), full-sized refrig. definitely a plus, housekeeping staff very nice-brought extra sheet & blanket upon request. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stay in Orlando every Christmas. Stayed here many times before.
Hotel is in fantastic location
Staff are very helpful. Breakfast was very crowded but did not impact on our holiday.
Like other reviews the hotel is a little dated and in need of some TLC.
Will definitely use hotel again if the proposed refurb happens. If not I think we will look elsewhere

2  Thank CraigRBury
Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

The Homewood Suites on I Drive is close to all attractions. The front desk staff are kind and courteous. The breakfast was phenomenal. My only negative comment is the rooms can stand to be updated. The blanket on my bed had a couple of blood spots (not mine). I have myself to blame, I never called for replacement. I just used sheet to keep warm. The shuttle to epcot was and experience. It's free! The driver was on the verge of being irate on return home. She became angry when people didn't get off at a hotel stop that she says a passenger told her that it was her hotel when getting on bus. Nevertheless it sure beat driving there in your car! We stayed in a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom suite. It accommodated all 4 of us well.

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank RS44102
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my family for a 2 week vacation and i must say it was the best stay I've ever had in a hotel. the staff were so friendly and helpful, the room was spotless and the food was fresh and delicious. when ever we asked staff for help in getting to a certain place or help with the room they were more that eager to help and so polite to me and my family. we enjoyed our stay so much we came back for another week on another vacation the year after and still we could not fault it.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2014

So far whichever homewood i stayed on business tripts, I always had great experience. So counting on that I decided to go for a homewood suite for my familiy's Disney/USF plan. However this place was the only dark spot in an otherwise wonderful trip. We were given room 102.

1. First the room carpet was old and kind of stinky.
2. The sofa bed was horrible, springs sticking out all over and would bend, not able to support more than 65Kg. I wonder if any of the hotel staff ever tried to sleep on it. For all practical purposes this is just a sofa and can NEVER be used as a bed.
3. House keeping won't do the job properly (making bed, dishes etc).
4. Breakfast area is small, so if you are slightly late, then wait for a long time for unoccupied seats.

Although we complained number of times to front desk, but they were courteous but i guess they knew their limitations and had probably given up, they may be short staffed.

I had decided never to even think of this particular hotel again and would highly recommend everyone to think of other options before considering this hotel especially in peak seasons.

Room Tip: Carpet in ground floor room was stinking, do not rely on sofa bed in this hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Munish S
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Our family stayed at Homewood Suites on International Drive, Orlando, FL for one week. We chose Homewood Suites because we have always had wonderful accommodations at Homewood Suites. It is a brand that we feel is reliable and would have high standards. I also have food allergies and need a kitchen while on vacation.

We arrived later on the first night and unpacked. I was a little disappointed that the upkeep and condition of the room was a Homewood Suites. The floor was dirty and the couch was bordering on broken and made me squeamish to sit on it let alone let our kids drape themselves on it. Throughout the evening in bed, I noticed a strange scent on the bed linens. The closest I could come to what the scent was indicated a scent from private parts. I decided to grab other linens in the closet/drawer that evening.

The next morning when we returned to the hotel room, it appeared that the room had been cleaned but we noticed that the table and counters had not been wiped nor had the floor been vacuumed or swept. I noticed this because when we arrived I noticed dirt on the floor. It was still there! I then decided to check the sheets. As we turned down the kids bed and noticed a large blood stain on the bottom left hand side. The stain as about the size of my hand. My immediate thought was disgust and I called the front desk and ask for new linens for the kids bed and described the blood stain. I then decided to use all of the other linens in the room to change all of the sheets. I was completely disgusted and wanted a new hotel. I also knew that during Christmas in Orlando there would be NO hotels with kitchens anywhere in the area!

The next morning I stopped at the front desk and indicated that I wanted completely new linens in the room because of what we experienced with the blood. The front desk assured me that they would be changed. I guess I was thinking that there should have been some sort of offer regarding this issue but there was none! Again, we just had our kids sleep on bloody sheets. I did not bother to mention the scent on my linens. The whole situation is ridiculous and disgusting!

As the week progressed we checked the sheets every AM and PM. One morning we noticed that our son had left a few small blood stains on the top right had side of the bed sheets. He had a mosquito bite that he had itched during the evening. When we returned that evening from the parks, we checked the sheets and noticed that the sheets were still on the bed but the stain was now on the bottom left hand side of the bed. It became obvious to us that the housekeeping staff had not provided new linens but in fact just turn them over on the bed. It made us disgusted that on the first night we probably slept on sheets that someone else had slept on the night before or the housekeeping staff purposefully put bloody sheets on our bed. I should also state that the floor was never vacuumed while we were there. Not once during the seven days! As a parent with children, there were several things that they leave on the floor while eating and it is easy to notice if it had been vacuumed.

Think twice before you book this hotel!

12  Thank Mary92014
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a week to celebrate New Year's at Disney, having booked it since August.

Location is excellent, in a nice part of I-Drive, just behind a Hooter's, a Denny's, and near a large Walgreen's. Parking was great too, for no matter when we got back, there would always be enough places to park.

The rate was extremely favorable, especially considering breakfast was included in it.

The room was spacious and just as advertised: a King-size bed, full bathroom, kitchen, and a sort of lounge with a pull-out couch. The couch was uncomfortable and there were no mattresses available, so I asked for an additional blanket to put under the sheets, and problem solved.

Breakfast was good, and included eggs, waffles (Mickey Mouse-faced, nice touch!), bread and pastries of many kinds, coffee, juice, milk, cereal, something that looked like oatmeal, etc. Of course, the later you go for breakfast, the more difficult it is to get a table, but otherwise, everything was always being replenished promptly.

There is dinner offered free of charge in the evening, but I only got there early enough once, and got pasta, meatballs, salad and an assortment of veggies, along with wine, beer, sodas, etc.. Not too shabbly for a complimentary meal.

Service at the front desk was quite good. Had a little problem with the toilet (the water kept flowing even after tank was full) , reported it before heading out in the morning and it was dealt with on the same day.

Now, about housekeeping. The nightstand next to the pull-out couch was sticky, like someone had spilled soda there. It was sticky upon our arrival and remained sticky until we left. Same in the bathroom counter: I spotted a smudge of something that looked like toothpaste on our first day. There it stayed until we left. On the second day, a bar of new soap was left in its cardboard box on the edge of the tub. It got a little wet because I forgot to move it before taking a shower, and so a little of the cardboard got wet and stuck where it was. That piece of cardboard also stayed there until we left. I'm guessing the heavy cleaning is done between guests. The point is, although none of this is serious or uncommon in major hotels, it definitely needs to be addressed, especially since I read the hotel is going to be remodeled later this year, and if housekeeping isn't doing their job, no amount of remodeling will ever be enough to keep it clean.

Also, there is a Universal ticket office onsite. Take advantage of it, as prices there are cheaper tan buying them directly at the park (I checked). And if you can, buy the Express Pass: it'll save you a lot of time at Universal and/or Islands of Adventure and it's not really that expensive.

Anyway, if you need a hotel to crash in the evening and get a full breakfast before heading out, I can't think of a better place to stay. Even with the housekeeping issues, I'd still return to this hotel if I'm ever in the area again.

1  Thank Travel E