Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center
Ranked #33 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Tampa, Florida
“Good Location”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Not bad. Bed was a little uncomfortable (Hard) and the bathrooms need updating (peeling wallpaper and mold behind the door). If you have a suite and close the bedroom door, it gets VERY hot. A/C vents seem to be in the main living room area. Overall, love the homewood suites and enjoyed our stay. Breakfast is a little chaotic in the morning because of the disney traffic, but the layout kept things flowing around nice. Restaurants nearby and easy on/off the interstate. Close to area attractions.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
stuart b, Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Good afternoon Tampamatchmaker

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize that the room and furnishing were not of the high standards we expect.

We want our guest to have the best stay possible where everything is like new, in-place, of the highest quality, and in perfect working order. I am sorry if that was not the case during your stay. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns, so that others are not disappointed as you were.

We have been approved for a total renovation which should be schedule next year.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Pace, Florida
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a driveway off of Universal Boulevard which means you don't have to deal with the traffic on International Drive. The breakfast was good, but not spectacular. They do have a soft drink fountain for those of us who need our Diet Coke for breakfast. Clean rooms and no musty smell like other hotels in Orlando

• Stayed October 2013
hey Dh_on_the_gulf

I thank you genuinely for the kind words and for staying at my Homewood Suites near the Orange County Convention Center here in Orlando recently.
Kimberling City, Missouri
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed here for a convention with my company in September and shared a two bedroom suite with a teammate and although the location was good for the Orange County Convention center and surrounding places of interest, here were the issues I had with this hotel, and why it would not be my choice to stay there again:

1. Reaked of cigarrette smoke on our 6th floor room. We were told it was a non smoking room, but apparently the hallway is fair game for those that do smoke, since there were butts in the hallway and the smell was atrocious.
2. The air conditioning in our room was the pits. And lets face it: Orlando is not very cool and inviting so a\c is kinda crucial. Affer calling the maintenance guy to come fix it, he informed me that Orlando is hot and this is as good as it gets. Funny....the convention center gets ice cold, but apparently Homewood suites doesnt.
3. Ants in my bathroom. Yeah, I had extra roomates that greeting me every morning on my bathroom sink and the surrounding area while I brushed my teeth. That was encouraging.
4. The breakfast is not really condusive if you are on any sort of a health kick. Im gluten free so I just had raisins for breakfast and a cup of coffee. That was fun.

I did like the fitness center, and our conference rooms were good (and surprisingly the a\c worked fine in there) and the staff was kind. I would recommend the HIlton Convention Center. SUre it will be more expensive, but you get what you pay for....oh, and a lazy river:)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
stuart b, Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Jodellefitzh20

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize that the temperature control system interfered with your comfort.

We want our guest to have the best stay possible, where everything is in perfect working order. I

The first section of the 6th floor is a smoking section as for the rest of the 6th floor it is non smoking.

For the health food person if you let us know a few days in advance we will arrange for gluten free health foods for your convenience.
tyne and wear
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed here from the 18th of August for two weeks, with my husband and two teenage daughters. We loved this hotel and even though we have stayed in other hotels in the international drive area this was the friendliest.Nick on the front desk was great in sorting a problem out with our room and we were given a one bedroomed suite with 2 double beds in it. The suite was very spacious and was cleaned on a daily basis.
All staff were friendly, in particular Stuart, the manager, who came and spoke to us each morning giving us tips on how to avoid the queues we may encounter. Even though the hotel was full we never had any problem finding a table each morning and Tatiana, another member of staff always met us with a warm greeting.The breakfast was varied and really set us up for the day.We used the hotel shuttles and these were always punctual.
We had the welcome home meal on a couple of evenings and found these to be nice and filling. There was also wine and beer served , another pleasant surprise.
The hotel is in an ideal location,just off international drive, and within walking distance of many good restaurants.
We wish we were still there and would happily return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
stuart b, Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Good afternoon Roscals

I thank you for staying at my Homewood Suites earlier this month. We appreciate the detailed review and I am very pleased to hear how well our property fit your families vacation needs!
Our brand offers a fantastic venue for families and our hotels added them park shuttles make for an incredible value!
Your comment on how we are a good match for families is certainly spot on. The Suite Start breakfast allows everyone in the family to choose what they like to eat and its included within your rate complimentary. Our Welcome Home reception Monday through Thursday evening also allows families to enjoy a light meal also included with your rate plan.
We are extremely fortunate to have a fantastic team to work with. They are truly what make this hotel great. I will be sure to recognize them publicly at our next celebration. Nick has been promoted up to a supervisors position just last week. And I also appreciate having those conversations with you and your famaily.

We look forward to seeing you again.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Great hotel and brilliant staff in a great location. This hotel is ideal for single travellers or familys. The free transport to the theme parks is great and the help desk for the theme parks in the hotel can help you out with your ticket needs and advice on what tickets to buy. Great location for places to eat and bars to choose from.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Hello Paul B

Thank you for the review of my Homewood Suites here at the Convention Center in Orlando.

It is always great to hear how convenient our location is for the many guests who need to be near all the activities whether they be work or pleasure.

Its very nice to hear how much you enjoyed your visit. Please come back again.
Galesburg, Illinois
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Homewood Suites is an exceptionally comfortable and nice hotel. It is located in a good spot central to all the activities and the staff are phenomenal! I was surprised to find dinner offered MOn - Thurs evenings. This was helpful to families. The breakfast was really good, too. The hostesses and hosts were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for staying at my Homewood Suites here in Orlando. This is a great place to stay for any reason.

Michigan
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Quiet room and comfortable, good value, nice to have breakfast and evening reception included. Wireless internet is a plus for business travel. Sofa pretty well worn; usual cleanliness. Could use some deep cleaning. Coffee so-so and Coffeemate only "creamer" -- YUCK!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Good afternoon Dozer Dawg

Your comment on how we are a good match for families is certainly spot on. The Suite Start breakfast allows everyone in the family to choose what they like to eat and its included within your rate complimentary. In the near future we are going to be a beta test property on our breakfast and social dinner which means we can vary from the normal standard items so we can look at changing out the coffee creamers.
I would like to apologies for the sofa being worn we are working on replacing 5- 10 inserts a month.