“Staff and Pool - Made the Stay”

Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center
Ranked #33 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stayed here as a lay over post Disney Cruise.

The Suites were large, a little sparse but we expected that.

What really makes this place nice is the front desk staff - Maria was very helpful in giving us hints on where to eat and how to get around during our limited stay.

The pool was perfect - very quiet in the center courtyard and the hot tub - although small, was just what we needed after a busy week.

There was 6 of us in the room (4 small kids). I believe we got a smaller suite, with 2 doubles and a pull out, but it was fine.

This place is within walking distance of everything I needed and their is a $$ shuttle to get to the outlet malls.

The morning buffet was typical - crowded with average food. There were some healthier options there which we really appreciated.

Worth the price.

t

Room Tip: the elevators are slow and busy. Get a room on a lower floor so you can skip them.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Yes, I tend to look for new hotels when I am traveling and this one from the Hilton Group (open since February of this year) didn't disappoint me. No remarks other than that it took a rather long time for the courtesy van to come and pick us up at the airport. But our irritation with this mishap was handled with tact and diplomacy .... which is not bad for a new crew. Stayed just one night to recuperate from our transatlantic flight. Pleasantly furnished/decorated and very large studio room with a perfect bed, large shower and all you need kitchen.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SniggyBrussels
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Good situation on International Drive with many restaurants within walking distance and shuttle stop to shops outside the hotel. Also within walking distance of Pointe Orlando area full of shops, bars, clubs and cinema. This is a well run hotel, good suites and suitable for families as suites can hold up to 6 people. Free excellent full breakfast each morning and free evening reception with food and drinks 5 - 7 pm - not so good. Hot food in the evening is poor but salads are fine. They also serve complimentary beverages as well as draft beer and wine. Pool has very little room for sunbathing and only gets full sun at mid-day as pool is surrounded on every side by rooms. Check-in is never before 4pm - even for Hilton Members!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tet1
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Arrived here on 03/23/2013 at 3:45pm after an 8 hour drive and was told to come back in 20 minutes because room was not ready. Came back at 5:00pm and was told it would be another 30 minutes to an hour before room would be ready due to previous guest with kids and a problem with room. I was told it was taking a while because the mattresses had to be replaced. When we were finally able to get in room, one bed was wet and another reeked of urine. I couldn't get another room because hotel was practically sold out except for 1 room that would not accommodate everyone in my party. All surrounding hotels were booked as well. The hotel did give me the 1st night free so we found a Wal-Mart and bought sleeping bags and Lysol. Will not stay here again!!

6  Thank Anissa F
stuart b, Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize that the hotel was not as clean as our standards demand.

A clean room that has been prepared for our guests is basic for a good stay. I am sorry if this was not your experience. You can be confident that we will follow - up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have stayed here many times since 2006 and it is the best I have stayed in, would never book any where else. I am a bit late writing this review as it was August 2012 when I was last there, the staff make this hotel, my son was very ill on holiday and was in hospital twice. The staff were very helpful and could not do enough for us they give my son and the family a kind gift which made up for a lot of stress (thank you) and will be returning in 2015.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank julie s
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Went down for a convention and for the price I have never staed in such a large suite. I like having the seperate bedroom. The suite had a large bathroom with everything you need in it. The den and the bedroom had a TV in them. Very clean and quiet. The breakfast was good but at times it would get crowded. I will be back there for the next convention in June.

Room Tip: Higher floors have the better rooms and check-in early
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Daniel M
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We came here on March 22-25th 2013. We have stayed at homewood suites for the past 5 years, but over the last 2 years the quality is not what it use to be. Internet in the rooms are useless, I even went down stairs to the lobby where I was told the signal strength was much better, still not fully able to access the internet without dragging. The breakfast is from 7am to 10:00 am. They ran out of food by 9:30 am and started substituting with what ever they could find. At over $ 200.00 a night I just expect a little more.

Check in was fast, Rooms are clean, the staff is very helpful and friendly, especially the maid service.

3  Thank spacemtntraveler
Travelers also viewed these Orlando hotels
Florida Center
Hampton Inn Orlando International Drive/Convention Center
Florida Center
Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios
Lake Buena Vista
Homewood Suites by Hilton Lake Buena Vista-Orlando

Been to Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center

Address: 8745 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819-9318
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Orlando > Florida Center
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#12 Romantic Hotel in Orlando
#16 Family Hotel in Orlando
#30 Business Hotel in Orlando
Price Range: $101 - $365 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Homewood Suites Orlando/International Drive/ Hotel Orlando