“Good location, good value”

Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center
Ranked #34 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stay at Homewood Suites properties on a frequent basis because I appreciate the comfortable beds, the in-room coffee makers, the free WiFi and the manager's breakfast and evening dinner receptions. This property on International Drive in Orlando didn't disappoint. The hotel is centrally located for SeaWorld and Universal Studios. Cab rides were about $15 one way to each attraction. There are an abundance of restaurants/bars within easy walking distance of the hotel. The pool / hot tub area are clean, but the building footprint blocks much of the sun except for a few hours during the center of the day. Overall, it was a very pleasant stay and I highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Greg L, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Good Morning brendakaynv,

I appreciate you taking time to review my Homewood Suites and share your experience about why this is a great brand for travelers looking to maintain a "home like" lifetsyle.

When coupled with our fantastic Orlando location it makes for a great choice.

Please come again soon!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We just got back from a quick weekend trip to Disney and spent 3 nights at this Homewood Suites. We like Homewood Suites because they include a hot breakfast, have a light "dinner" Sun-Thurs and have "suites" instead of one big room. This Homewood Suites is located right on International Drive and is very close to many restaurant choices. It is also very easy access to I-4 to get to any of the theme parks. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We were there over a weekend, and even though it was crowded, the breakfast was well staffed and employees were constantly wiping tables and making sure everything was well stocked. The selections were usually some kind of eggs (scrambled), sausage, and hash browns on the hot side. They also have an assortment of toast and bagels (they were out one morning and went in the back to get one for my daughter no problem), cereals, doughnuts, yogurt and whole fruit. For drinks there were decaf and cafe coffee, lemonade, fruit punch, orange juice and one other I can't remember. They also have a waffle station - Belgium or Mickey Ones. The manager was floating around also one morning, asking guests how things were going and cleaning up plates himself.

Now onto the downside, the rooms are pretty dated and felt small. The bathroom has a plastic surround (not tile) and it was yellowing and had some moldy caulk. I felt it was clean, but definitely old. The room has a living area with a small table, couch (pull out), chair and a small kitchenette. They do provide a coffee maker and we received a complimentary pack of milano cookies and 2 bottles of water upon arrival. The couch had stains on it, but the floor looked reasonably clean. The beds were comfortable and the water in the shower was hot, but the curtain was too short and had a hard time staying in the tub, hence we had water all over the floor. We always stay at Hilton Properties, since we're Honors members, so we've tried a pretty wide selection of Hilton owned properties around Orlando. As another reviewer mentioned, the elevators are small and can take awhile to get to you. The building felt big and we had to walk quite a ways to our room.

My final take is - good location, friendly staff, nice breakfast, but rooms felt small and dated. I personally prefer the Homewood closer to Universal or the new Embassy Suites that recently opened. We probably won't come back to this particular property.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Thebean28
Greg L, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Good Evening Thebean28,

I sincerely appreciate the review of my Homewood Suites here is Orlando. We are fortunate to be part of a great brand and the best location for vacations, business or Convention goers.

Our owners and Hilton will plan future renovations however no dates are set at this time. I will share your comments with my team and we will address the shower curtain and sofa bed right away.

Please come again and feel free to contact me personally when you visit Orlando.

Kindest regards,

DL(404)797-9856

Reviewed March 1, 2013

This hotel is in an excellent location on International Drive. The lobby area and pool are nice.... The free breakfast and light dinner are a great bonus, but rooms are really in need of an update. Our room smelled a bit musty and the bathroom did not seem as clean as it could, but that could have been due to age of fixtures.

Room Tip: Lower floors are best - the elevators are painfully slow and small!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Greg L, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Good Morning 2Kids2TravelWith,

Thank you for the review of my Homewood Suites here in Orlando.

I appreciate the candid remarks and recognition of our excellent service focused team.

Our owners and Hilton Worldwide are planning future renovations for this location.

Please come again when travels bring you south! I am originally from Western New York and have spent many weekend trips to your fantastic city.

DL (407)581-2435

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff. Large, tastefully decorated rooms w/coffee maker. Clean linens, well appointed amenities in the bathroom. Breakfast and weekday manager's night are excellent. Easy access to convention center and attractions. Centrally located w/plenty of restaurants to choose from. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MoogeyMomma
Greg L, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear MoogeyMomma,

I thank you genuinely for the kind words and for staying at my Homewood Suites near the Orange County Convention Center here in Orlando recently.

We are blessed with a fabulous location and more importantly I have the best staff a person could ever ask for.

I will absolutely thank each and every one of my team at our next monthly celebration next week.

Please come again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Great location, near a lot of restaurants and fun. The hotel offered nightly dinner (full dinner, not appetizers) and a nice welcome amenity. This could be because of my status, not sure. Lobby was nice, coffee available 24 hours. Free Breakfast. The room was great, loved the kitchen since I'm on a restricted diet and brought my own food. Very clean. Friendly staff. The pool looked nice, but I didn't have time to enjoy it. Would definitely return!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank aredtsg

Good Afternoon aredtsg,

I am very pleased to read your excellent review of my Homewood Suites. As you and many of our guests have mentioned our location is second to none.

Thank you for being a Hilton Honors member and for choosing this location for your business stop here in Orlando. I can appreciate your diet needs and would remind you that on future visits to this hotel and all of our Homewood Suites by Hilton locations, there is in fact grocery delivery for any items you wish to have in your kitchen. Just let us know and we make it happen, post the charges to your account as well as put it away for you!

There is also a Whole Foods market within a mile of the hotel for special needs if traveling by auto.

Best regards and Safe travels!

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel for the extended stay visitor or a family. The kids loved the hotel!!! The convention center is with-in walking distance an from talking to parents who stayed further away and parked in the convention lot, we had the shorter walk. There are also tons of places with in walkin distance to eat. Really a nice place, with a great Staff

• Stayed: February 2013

Hello Sean R,

Thank you for the review of my Homewood Suites here at the Convention Center in Orlando.

It is always great to hear how convenient our location is for the many guests who need to be near all the activities whether they be work or pleasure.

I am extremely fortunate to have a fantastic team to work with. They are truly what makes this hotel great. I will be sure to recognize them publicly at our next celebration.

Respectfully,

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Room is clean and good varity of breakfast every morning. Breakfast area is always full of people, but can find seat pretty quick. Location is very good if you are going to Uiversal Studio, around 10mins driving. Good restaurants are within 5mins drivng distance.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MMandJJ
Greg L, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Good Morning MMandJJ,

I am happy to see your review of my Homewood Suites and certainly appreciate being chosen to host you during your visit this month. The location is fantastic and we are also fortunate to be a partner hotel with Universal Orlando. I hope you had a chance to experience the Harry Potter rides as they are fanatastic.

Our Suite Start breakfast is one of the best values our brand offers.

Please come again when travels bring you back east form Texas!