“Great location with plenty of shops in walking distance!”

Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center
Ranked #33 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Lakeland, Florida
“Great location with plenty of shops in walking distance!”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night for an engagement party that was local. All of the staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. The complimentary breakfast I believe was the best part. It's not like normal complimentary with just some bagels and juice. It was fully stocked with eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, waffles, doughnuts, bagels, apple juice, orange juice, and coffee. It is conveniently located right next to a Bahama Breeze, so you can go over there and listen to some music while having a few drinks. Also, just across the street there is a Dave and Busters, where you can also have some drinks while playing some games. Overall, the experience was fantastic and I'm looking forward to stay here again the next time I'm in Orlando.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joshua L
Greg L, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Good Day Joshua L,

Many thank for the great review of your mini Staycation here in Central Florida. We are fortunate to have our Homewood Suites "Suite Start" breakfast as one of our pillars for the Brand.

I appreciate the kind words for my team and hope you choose our location again for weekends in Orlando!

DL(407)581-2435
greg.lindner@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Hertfordshire, UK
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I've done a lot of travel in Florida over the years and in it's price range this was a great bargain. It's nice to get a suite instead of just a room, so the additional living space was welcomed.

Very helpful front of house staff, and all kept very clean. Also a very good shuttle service to the parks (free - and better shuttle service than many other hotels on I-Drive).

Would I go back ? Yes. Definitely.

(And it had possible the most comfortable bed/pillows ever!).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank DGC-Kiwi17
Greg L, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Good Day DGC-Kiwi 17,

I am emailing to thank you personally for the kind remarks on my Homewood Suites here in Orlando. We recognize your family has a very large pool of hotels to choose from and I am so pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations.

This brand offers this space to spread out a bit and keep a home like atmosphere while also offering our daily Suite Start Breakfast and Welcome Home reception to finish your day Monday-Thursday evenings.

Our transportation partners also make getting to all of Orlando's parks stress free.

Please come again!

Respectfully,

Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We have never stayed at a Homewood Suites. Pleasantly suprised. The front desk at every shift that we were there exceeded any expectations. Very friendly and helpful. The staff working at the complimentary happy hour/light supper and breakfast were very nice. The biggest plus for the room was the ceiling fan in the bedroom. I am very hot natured and this was a nice addition., The bed was very relaxing and my son said the pull-out couch was comfortable. My son is a night owl and the door between the bedroom and living area was very sound proof. We ate breakast the first morning (just fruit and yogurt) honestly the rest was not extremely appetizing. Absolutely would stay and this Homewood Suites or any other in another city.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Robin R
Good Morning Robin R,

I am very pleased to hear how much you enjoyed my Homewood Suites here in Orlando.

Thank you for takingt the time to review and share your comments. Which part of our Suite Start Breakfast offerings were less than desirable? Your feedback allows us to improve for all of our guests and I appreciate that very much.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Flyers for pizza delivery was placed under our door, when we called the front desk, they were not even aware that this was being done, this was very upsetting to me and I did not feel very safe since the hotel was not very full at the time of my arrival. The breakfast was okay but the dinner was not what I expected, I just went out for dinner instead of eating it. Overall, I think the hotel needs an upgrade and a general clean up. The room was so stuffy I had to got out for an lysol before I could settle dowm, apparently it had not been used in a while. One plus, the Manager was very pleasant and approachable at all times, the rest of the staff was also friendly and the room was cleaned each day.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Laura A
Greg L, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Hello Laura A

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. Please accept our sincere apology for the unwanted pizza solicitation. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve the comfort and safety of our hotel. We'll also keep your additional recommendations for refresh updates in mind as we continue to find ways to improve the guest experience and hotel decor.

If I can be of further assistance please feel free to contact me.

Kind Regards,

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 14, 2013

A business client put me up here, but I would never stay here for pleasure. It was pretty shabby -- peeling wallpaper, scrapes on corners and walls, low rent furniture, etc. When I arrived, there was only one person working behind the desk so no one could help carry my bags upstairs, and the elevator didn't work, so I had to drag my luggage up the stairs by myself. The nasty smell of fried food from the lobby faded to a general stale odor of old smoke and mildewy carpets. The suite was big and fairly clean, although there were a few hairs in the bathroom tub. During my stay, the maid occasionally forgot to refill things like towels and coffee cups. However, my suite was quiet, and the internet was free. It's close to Universal, the YMCA is only a block away, and Whole Foods is just around the corner on Sand Lake Blvd. -- so if you're on a tight budget, or your client puts you there without your knowing, at least there are some moderate perks.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Greg L, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Good Afternoon Madrigal G,

Thank you for the constructive review of my Homewood Suites here in Orlando. I apologize we did not meet your needs and expectations.

Our ownership and management company are planning extensive renovations for the future which we look forward to as well.

As you noted this is a great location and we have spacious suites to go with our excellent Team members.

Kind regards,

Ocala, Florida
Reviewed January 14, 2013

I was disappointed by this hotel. The air conditioner in my room leaked all over the floor and the toilet ran all night. As a Hilton Diamond member I was not impressed having been to other Homewood Suites that far surpass this one.

I was so disppointed that i just cancelled a reservation in February for 3 nights and am going to stay across the street at the Hyatt Place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Greg L, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Hello Cory P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience albeit regrettable. I would very much appreciate the opportunity to speak with you off line concerning the air conditioning unit leaks as well as the toilet that needs some repairs.

I would be happy to invite you back as I am sure we can make this up to you. We appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton Family of hotels.

Please contact me at your convenience.

Suwanee, Georgia
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed here as a part of Seaworld ticket combination and the hotel is OK for the price, the suites are spacious. Only complaint being the rooms are very old and if renovated properly, this hotel will excel. Service was good, but the break fast hall was too crowded with people running around and difficult to get a seat in the rush hours. This may be because we stayed in a Christmas week which is the peak travelling week of Orlando. Not sure whether we will stay here again, may be if we don't get any other hotels...

Room Tip: Choose rooms in the lower level not near the elevator. Second floor will be ideal as the first floor...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank sivasg
Greg L, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Good Morning sivasg,

Thank you for reviewing your recent Holiday trip to my Homewood Suites.

You certainly joined us on one of the two busiest weeks of the year, second only to Easter week. Our "Suite Start Breakfast" is one of the best values we have and we served on average 600 guests daily over the Christmas- New Years break. On future visits the best time to have a less active experience is between 7am and 8:30am.

I am happy you were pleased with the space we offer which allows more of a "home like experience," versus your standard hotel room.

Please come again when travels bring you back to Orlando.