“Thought I'give it another go but :(”

Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center
Ranked #33 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Wales
“Thought I'give it another go but :(”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

The first time I stayed here years ago, it was a fantastic place. As you will see on my last review, I found it not as good. I was persuaded by family to join them here but I wish that I had booked into the suites next door. Where do I start? Old dated and smelling of damp/must. Not worth the price you pay and could get a cheaper and cleaner hotel for half the price. Staff are rude and indifferent--except for the young man I seen once at the desk. Didn't take the breakfast as it looked pre cooked and Lord knows how long it had been "warming" for. Polystyrene and plastic cutlery was also a turn off and I'm sure that the last time I was there a choice of ceramic crockery was on offer. The"good" point were- The bed was made each day but the ill-fitting pillowslips made the pillows uncomfortable and bulky. No dusting was ever done by the chambermaids. The AC old and noisy as hell. This place is in dire need of gutting and renewing completely. If you want value for money, avoid this smelly dump.As others have said, this hotels location is great and I will agree with that but that alone should not be its selling point.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Greg L, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Good Day sassysassy,

Thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us and we appreciate loyalty. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations this time and I have contacted our housekeeping team and engineers to correct the problems you mentioned with your guest room. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience, as cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. We will also offer additional training opportunities to our staff to make sure we’re always offering the excellent service our guests expect and deserve. We value your business and hope to see you back again, real soon.

I would be happy to discuss your experience with you personally if you so desire.

D (407)581-2435

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (355)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, IL
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is a quiet hotel off the crazy International Drive scene. It is easy to get to- and plenty of parking.
The staff was friendly and I liked the evening receptions and breakfast was hot and plentiful.
The rooms/suites were well furnished and clean. I would stay at this property again if travelling to Orlando. Did not have time to use the pool...but it looked nice!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank chicagofan66
Good Afternoon chicagofan66,

Thank you very much for the review of my Homewood Suites here in Orlando. I am happy to hear that my team and our hotel made your experience memorable. It is even better to hear you would come back again.

Please feel free to contact me personally when your travels bring you back to Central Florida.

Just one question................Cubs or Sox?

Have a great Holiday Season!

Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Wasted my HHonors points to reduce the price of this hotel for my family. Very 1990's with gold ceiling fans, etc.
can't believe Hilton lets them use window AC units because the buildings don't work well enough.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Mutt239
Greg L, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Good Evening FortMyersKev,

We appreciate your loyalty as a rewards member and that you chose to stay with us during your family trip. I’m sorry that our hotel décor proved unpleasant and we will surely take your comments into consideration as we look towards refresh opportunities. We hope you will come see us again if you are ever in the Orlando area.

If you would like to discuss your stay further I have listed my contact information below.

Respectfully,

Quigley's Point, Ireland
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We have stayed here many times,the staff are excellent,breakfast is really good as is the managers special Monday - Thursday from 5 until 7 with free beer and wine to wash it down.

Free shuttles to all parks..
Lots of nice eating and drinking places nearby

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank annie1960
Good Day annie1960,

Thank you for taking time to review my Homewood Suites here in Orlando. We are very fortunate to be part of a great brand, have excellent associates and be in the heart of one of the best vacation spots in the world.

Please come again and feel free to contact me personally if you like.

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Another quality Hilton brand. We stayed here on a shoestring budget trip (I got a good advance purchase rate), and ended up extending our stay by two days (for 7 total). I became ill midway through the trip and had to stay in the room for two days. The one-bedroom suite was so comfortable that I felt like I was at home in my own bed. Kitchen was wonderful so I could make soup and other comfort foods. Lots of restaurants nearby, very nice part of International Drive. Hotel is off the road so it's not noisy. Convenient to everything. Helpful staff. Great for the family.

Room Tip: The room buildings surround the pool is in the middle, so rooms overlooking the parking lot are gene...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ChattyCathy68
Good Evening ChattyCathy68,

I appreciate you taking time to review our Homewood Suites here in Orlando in the International Drive/Convention Center area.

We are fortunate to have a brand that feels like home. It's never fun to be ill away form your own home and I am pleased to hear our amenities and people made it a bit more tolerable.

Please come again when you travels bring you back to Florida and I would be happy to assist with your reservations when the time comes.

Have a great Holiday Season!

Oldsmar, Florida
Reviewed November 24, 2012

This property is located between two very busy roads in the International Drive area of Orlando. It is the most quiet place I ever stayed... The staff was fantastic. They not only made me feel welcome but also made me feel like they appreciated my visit.They were so helpful with all my needs. The Reception provided REAL food instead of chips and junk food like most hotels. My only complaint was the Housekeeping Dept was one of the worst I ever had. They did not care to replace some of the bathroom supplies. One day the bed was not made and the sink was left uncleaned.I did not complain. But, this is all that was wrong here and why I did not give the highest rating to this property. I still recommend this property as a great getaway for someone who really needs some peace and quiet. My complaint is only an isolated issue. Talk to the great people at the front desk and they should take care of it..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank dms_563
Dear dms_563,

Good afternoon and thank you for taking time to review your experience at my Homewood Suites.

Although I am very pleased that you like our property very much, it is equally troubling that our Housekeeping department failed you. I will share your sentiments with our Executive Housekeeper and the team so this is avoided for all guests.

If you would be kind enough to contact me privately I would like the opportunity to understand more about your visit and make this up to you personally.

I hope to see you on your next visit from Central West Florida!

Guatemala City, Guatemala
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Right in between Ripley's and Wonderworks, off International drive. Extremely friendly staff, extended the breakfast hour for Thanksgiving. Best price for three people under $150 including breakfast and dinner mon-thu.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank estusal
Greg L, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Hello estusal,

Thank you very much for your brief review of my Homewood Suites. The location as you mentioned is second to none and I am lucky to have a dedicated group of hotel team members who just love their hotel too!

I am glad you enjoyed breakfast during your Thankgiving visit. We trying very hard to make it memorable when many are away from their own home...............we want to be your Home away from home.

Please come again soon.