“Old and dated, but by no means a bad hotel!”

Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center
Ranked #37 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Harrison, New Jersey, United States
“Old and dated, but by no means a bad hotel!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We were originally going to stop at St. Augustine because we booked a hotel room there, but for a family of 5, we couldn't get a rollaway for the room because it was a fire hazard, so we canceled that, and after trying to find for other hotels with suites, we didn't find any luck. So we kept driving all the way to Orlando, and stopped at this Homewood Suites for 2 nights. Check-in went smooth, and we got our room without any delay. The lobby was just typical, but otherwise clean, and this was a bigger Homewood than I expected, so the elevators were scattered everywhere. Elevators were kind of slow, but maintained. Our room was on the 6th floor, and was right next to one of the elevators, and we didn't expect any noise whatsoever. Our suite had a private bedroom with 2 beds, and a sofa sleeper in the living room area. It also had a kitchen with a stove top, a toaster, etc., and a ceiling fan in the bedroom area. Our suite had a view of the outdoor pool, and had a little bit of a view of Universal, as well. The room was a little dated, and one of the vents in the bedroom area was covered with black dirt, and it looked like it hadn't been dusted in months. Also, the TV in the living room area didn't work, so we called maintenance, and SURPRISINGLY, the maintenance guy sent my dad and my brothers to another room to watch some TV for the first night, so that he can fix it the next morning. The cable was disconnected, so he fixed it, and finally we got a TV! The bathroom was clean, and the shower had hot water and decent water pressure. Free wi-fi worked great, and wasn't really slow. A/C didn't work too well in the living room area. Beds were cozy, and had no trouble sleeping. Check-out went fast, and our stay at this Homewood was OK. This hotel is neither good nor bad, and can use some improvement, but it's in excellent location as it's located off of International Drive, and close to the theme parks, and numerous stores and restaurants.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Universal are the most scenic
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Greg L, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Hello zwinkie310,

I am very appreciative of your candid detailed review of my Homewood Suites here in Orlando. Thanks for finding us after a trip down I-4.

This is the largest Homewood Suites property in Hilton's portfolio and we are fortunate to have a fantastic location and more than anything great people.

I will make sure we address the dirty vents and I was happy to hear our maintenance team was able to address the TV situation quickly. We are investing in the property currently with new air conditioning units being purchased for approximately 10% of our suites.

The team works hard to keep our hotel clean and I will pass on your kind remarks.

Please come again soon and feel free to contact me personally if you desire.

Respectfully,

D(407)581-2435

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
London, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed for Business. The internet did not work in my initial room but the staff was more than happy to switch me rooms. Allowed me to try out the next room to make sure the internet worked and once it did I simply called down and let them know I was staying.

Typical Homewood Suites. Had everything I needed. The little "store" was missing tums and advil but there is a Walgreens within walking distance.

Close to the convention center and entertainment. Walking distance to Charley's - best steak house ever.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Greg L, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Good Day Busby32,

Thank you for the review of my Homewood Suites recently. I appreciate the candid remarks and helpful information.

My Homewood is currently in the midst of a bandwidth upgrade and this should expand our capabilities by six times the curent offering. We hope the changes will be in place over the next severeal months.

I apologize that our stock of TUMS and Advil was not available and can assure you we have rectified this.

Please come again and feel free to contact me personally if you like.

South Carolina
Reviewed November 11, 2012

We decided to start a vacation a day early. I couldn't get another night at the resort we had booked so decided to stay here that one night. We have stayed in Homewood Suites before and loved them. This one was nice, had everything we needed, the people were very friendly but the room was SO noisy!! It was like the walls were made of paper. We could hear the people by us, above us and everything that was going on outside. We got NO sleep that night. It was a miserable stay. We will not be staying here again and will think before staying at another Homewood.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hello KalcSC,

Thank you for the very detailed review of my Homewood Suites here in Orlando. I am disappointed to hear your sleep experience was less than restful and can appreciate how that does not make for a great start to a family vacation.

I was however pleased to hear the kind remarks about our hotel in general. Would it be possible for you to contact me off line and discuss the stay?

I certainly do not want anyone to not choose this hotel and would like the opportunity to make this up to you.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Respectfully,

Atlanta
Reviewed November 10, 2012

The room rates are decent, and the area is convenient to the Convention Center, and some of the theme parks. As you can expect, it is full of families, so if you're wanting something more tranquil, this certainly wouldn't make the cut. One feature they do promote is the free dinner several nights midweek and a free breakfast. I'm sure this is what appeals to the families. Not sure I would go back, considering all the hotel options within a 2 mile radius, perhaps even 1 mile.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Good Day BranNewareAtl,

Thank you for your review of my Homewood Suites and the candid feedback. We are very fortunate to be a great option for Business travelers, Convention guests, and families from all over the world.

The location, Hilton Brand and our fantastic people make this a nice place to stay.

If there is an opportunity to be your host again and you are looking for a specific time we may be less busy please feel free to contact me personally.

north yorkshire
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Stayed here with my husband for 2 weeks only got home yesterday. This is a wonderful hotel to stay in; we have been to Florida 7 times now and this is the only hotel we will return to.special mention needs to go to Tatiana, Angelica and Stuart on reception who helped me when I needed to contact Virgin Airways...THANK YOU the 3 of you stopped my day being spoilt. We stayed in room 513 this was quiet and overlooked the pool.There isn't anything that I can complain about!... I would agree with the hotel go for breakfast early mainly because it is calmer but food is constantly topped up and making the waffles is fun....if it is busy no objection is made for taking breakfast back to your room. Bob used the gym whilst I did the washing and ironing he tells me water and newspapers were available. whilst we stayed every member of staff wished us "good day" in passing.This is a popular busy hotel that caters for all guests. it is only a couple of minutes walk from the offical tourist center on I drive (stop 21 on trolley). It is set back from the road and behind Baharma Breeze. We look forward to visiting next year and seeing familiar faces....well done and keep up the hard work. Regards to you all Gaye Baker.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear bettyboop015,

I am very thankful for the review and the fantastic commendations of some of our best people.

We work very hard to provide great service in a home like atmosphere while being fortunate to be at one of Orlando's best addresses.

I will personally thank Tatiana, Angelica and Stuart for the personal service you received.

Please come again and feel free to call on me personally.

Best Regards,

Mullica Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I am a Hilton Honors Diamond member and generally love the chains that are under the program. I have stayed at this hotel a few times and it is great if you are not on the highway side. The highway side has way to much noise and you will hear traffic all night. I requested the other side when I reserved on line and my request was ignored. I would chose one of the many other hotels in the area. They do not care even if you are a preferred member which is very unusual for a Hilton brand.

Room Tip: half of the rooms will be to have to much noise. Do not take the risk.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Greg L, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Good Evening Freq T,

Thank you for your review and your loyalty as a rewards member. I apologize that you were not happy with your room assignment. We strive to make sure all guests receive the room they are expecting. I was wondering if you tried our Suite Selection tool to reserve exactly the suite you want. I’m also terribly sorry about the noise and have alerted our security team so we can review your feedback and moving forward, effectively accommodate our guests. Once again, I apologize we were not able to honor your room choice during this stay at our property.

Best Regards,

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Rooms were a great size and the staff was friendly. Breakfast was hearty and satisfying. Good deal, too. The location was easy to find and the family enjoyed spending an afternoon in their common area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family