Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center
Ranked #34 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 24, 2012

my family and i went to this hotel for the 4th time at easter, it is central and handy to everything on i drive, however, this time it was an upsetting experience.. on arrival we were asked for a credit card (as all hotels do) i told the girl that we would not be paying with that card, she assured us that nothing would be taken from the card it was for identification only. i went to use the card a few days into our holiday at one of the malls, it was declined, luckily i had cash with me, i contacted the card issuer to see what the problem was only to be told that homewood suites had taken nearly a thousand pounds, i went to management who were friendly enough but i was not happy about it at all, i wrote to hilton hotels customer services when i got home and was told it would take three days to investigate, i am still waiting !! as i said earlier we have been here 4 times as we enjoyed it but this was upsetting, i did not authorise payment to be taken from my card and was very upset, i have given a poor rating because that is how i feel about the handling of the situation then and now, over six months later. sad to say but i will not be returning here again, UPSET !

Room Tip: try not to get a room near an outside exit, very noisy !
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 382MANDY
Greg L, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Good Day 382 Mandy,

Let me first say I am truly disappointed that you have personally had to spend this much time trying to get resolution to a poor experience at my Homewood Suites. Regrettably I am hearing about your problems for the first time since I became GM at this hotel just 8 weeks ago.

I can understand how having your personal funds held during a vacation far away from home and your financial institution would be nothing but frustrating.

Although we do not typically charge your card or any other method of payment until your departure date, the system does take an "authorized amount" which is a standard practice at most hotels. This is only done to ensure the customer has funds to cover their stay since we do not charge you at the time of check in. This obviously ties up your funds while making other transactions.

I would like to make this up to you as a token of my sincere appreciation for your business. Thank you for choosing my Homewood Suites Orlando Convention Center as well as the Hilton Family of hotels for your travel.

Please let me know the best way to contact you personally.

greg.lindner@hilton.com

Reviewed October 20, 2012

My wife and i stayed here for 2 and a half weeks, to say the staff are friendly and helpful would be such an understatment, they are amazing and couldnt do enough for us, at times they went above and beyond what we requested. The rooms are very clean but are however dated, this though apparently is being recitified next year. The pool is isolated and if you get up at 9 then you'll get 6 solid hours of sun before the pool is completely in shadow, there is a boufet breakfast from 7-10 which is decient but not spectacular. My main 2 problems with the hotel are the 2 reasons iwe chose to stay there before simular hotels in the area, they are internet and parking, there is free internet but its so slow that you might as well not be connected, and the parking which is also free gives no priorty to guests, and when it came to weekends many locals and non guests can park in the parking lot for 5 dollars which left us with no where to park except aroun the very back in the dark, i would honestly stay here again no problem, maily because of the staff, but if we had have been aware of the actual parking and internet details we would probably chose to stay somewhere else in the first place!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Greg L, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Justin M,

A great guest experience is something we value tremendously and I’m so glad our staff was able to make you feel right at our Homewood Suites here in Orlando. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the speed of our wireless internet service and parking priorities. We apologize that the internet connection was slow. We are currently updating the wireless system and hope to have a faster internet experience soon. We will also review are parking procedures and make any necessary changes based on guest priority. If you return to the area we hope you will consider staying with us again.

I would be more than happy to discuss your experience with you personally if desired.

Respectfully,

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Good clean hotel on I-Drive next to restaurants and 15min walk to the convention centre. Decent hot breaky and evening reception in the evenings! Suites have a full kitchenette if your upto cooking! Outdoor pool and hot tub!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 17, 2012

we've stayed in a few other hotels nearby and thought we'd give this one a go just for a change.
The suite was pretty much the same as the others - small kitchen with full sized appliances (incl. dishwasher!!). living area - sofa, chair, foot stool, table. Two bedrooms both with bathrooms - One with two double beds, sliderobes and dresser. 2nd had super queen size bed, slide robe and dresser. Great size for family, there was 4 adults in our party but this suite could easily handle 6/7.
Breakfast and 'welcome home' tea was good. Staff were great. Located in a nice quiet but central area.
Only downside was the pool - only gets the sun from midday til about 4 which means the pool water was very cold.

Avoid room 231 as there is a generator/air conditioner unit outside one of the bedroom window - extremely difficult to sleep through

Room Tip: Avoid any with an A/C unit outside the window
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank berniem2004
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Everything was above the expectations, good size rooms, clean, stuff is polite, location is nice. The best of all: don't miss breakfast and dinner (Monday to Thursday).
What we didn't like is connection with parks. Bus runs only once per day, regardless weather, so be prepare to pay parking at parks or pay taxi if you don't want to stay on rain.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I stayed here a few weeks ago while in Orlando on business; there were numerous Disney princesses at breakfast and the evening reception which made it fun to sit in the lobby. The food is standard Homewood fare, but there are so many other dining options in the area that it didn’t matter. The room was very comfortable and spacious and housekeeping was great. The one problem was the elevator nearest my room wasn’t working, which meant I had to walk the circumference of the hotel when using the next closest.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank baloney56
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This was the 5th time my wife and I have stayed in this hotel situated at the "nicer" end of International Drive. This time we were accompanied by my sister who was on her 1st trip to Orlando and we had a fabulous time during our stay of 16 days.
The hotel is ideally situated in a nice location and well within walking distance of some great restaurants, the Lynx and I-ride bus stops and the nearby Pointe shopping centre. In common with most hotels in this area free transport is provided to the Universal and Disney theme parks and you just check the times and book the bus at the hotel desk beforehand.
We have stayed in other hotels in the International Drive area but we go out of our way to try and get a booking at this Homewood Suites as we feel at home here and all the staff are so welcoming and helpful.
The free breakfast is very good with plenty of choice and the "Welcome back" meal provided every evening Mon to Thursday 5-7pm along with beer, wine and soft drinks is a bonus and can save holidaying families a packet. There is a different meal every night and you'll find the menu on the refrigerator door in your room. This is also a good time to meet and have an informal chat with the management staff who are usually in attendance.
All the rooms are spacious and well-equipped and the Queen size beds are extremely comfortable ensuring a good night's sleep. We have never been bothered with noise from outside, the lobby or adjoining rooms although the air-conditioning units in the rooms can be noisy sometimes but this is true of most hotels in this area in our experience and if it really bothers you the front-desk staff can move you into a different room if you want.
I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone, all the staff...management, front desk, dining area and cleaning are the most helpful, friendly and genuinely nicest people we have ever met in any hotel in Orlando and we'll definitely stay here again the next time we holiday in Orlando.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Hello John C,

Thank you very much for the great comments and review of my Homewood Suites.

I have recently become the General Manager at this great hotel and am truly fortunate to have inherited fantastic people, a prime location and a strong brand.

I look forward to meeting you personally on your 6th visit one day!

Respectfully,