“Perfect Location, kitchen inside your room and good breakfast.”

Homewood Suites Orlando-International Drive/Convention Center
Ranked #34 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Pro:
- Location near all parks (no more then 15km).
- Good breakfast (need more fruits)
- Kitchen inside the room, good for kids.
- Free internet
- Free parking.

Con:
- Few elevators for floor.

Picture from my room:

Room Tip: - Choose the level 3 or higher and preferable with view of pool.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Guilherme C
Write a ReviewReviews (3,134)

Reviewed October 13, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for 12 nights in September and thoroughly enjoyed the place.

The hotel is down a road, off of IDrive and is in a quiet setting .The car park is huge and was never more than half full during our stay.

The suite we were given was comfortable, rather than spacious, but it contained all the facilities one could expect, including a free in room safe facility which is not often the case at other hotels. The staff were very efficient and the room was kept clean throughout our stay.

Reception staff were friendly and efficient and any problems that we raised (we had a malfunctioning toilet on one occasion) were dealt with promptly, which is all you can ask for.

The complimentary (?) breakfast was fine, and I do not think that anyone could really complain about the choice, although the coffee we made from the in room coffee maker was better than that in the restaurant.They also have an afternoon complimentary "reception"
four times a week but we did not partake of that. Needless to say there are many restaurants within a short distance of the hotel, either walking or driving.

All in all therefore we had a really nice stay. Oh! the heading. One thing whch did occur to us was that the decor and furniture of the suite we were staying in did appear tired and could do with a bit of modernisation. The lifts were also rather on the slow side. These are observations rather than criticisms and did not ,in any way, affect our enjoyment of the hotel

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank laurmel
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I stayed seven nights from September 21 to 28. Although there to attend a conference, I took a couple of extra days to visit Disney parks.

I rented a car but really didn't need to. Parking at the hotel is complimentary and ample while parking at Disney is $14.00 a day. The shuttle to Epcot left promptly at 8:00 am each morning and only stopped at the Residence Inn across I-Drive before heading directly to Disney. A later shuttle to Epcot left at 10:00 am daily. Return shuttles left from Epcot at 9:45 pm and 10:30 pm so there is plenty of time to take in the fireworks at Epcot or Fantasmic at Hollywood Studios. For those who want to get back earlier, Lynx buses leave from Downtown Disney and the Disney transportation center. A Lynx schedule is available at www.golynx.com.

I found the hotel to be very clean and welcoming. My room was on the fifth floor facing the pool. Noise was not an issue; however, at one point, one of the two elevators was out of order, so the wait on the fifth floor was a little long. As an alternative, I took the stairs down to breakfast and rode the elevator back up to my room thus eliminating the wait. Stairwells were clean and well lit.

The bed was very comfortable; but, the hide-a-bed in the living room did not appear to be a comfortable place to sleep. The air conditioning worked well and there was a ceiling fan in my bedroom. The complimentary WiFi was easy to log onto and worked great.

I went to breakfast each morning at 7:00 am and at that time I never found it to be crowded. There were eggs and sausage available every morning; however, on a couple of days waffles were not available. There were bagels, cold cereal, fruit, and a choice between oatmeal or grits every day. On a couple of days, bisquits and gravy were available and on the other days potatoes were offered.

There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance and the night life on I-Drive is great. I found this to be a distinct advantage to staying at a Disney property. There is a Subway close by which I appreciated after returning late from the parks. There is also a Walgreen's within a couple of blocks which is open late and sells very reasonably priced beer and wine. So not to worry if you miss the evening reception at the hotel and don't feel like going out for a beer after a long day at the parks. You can have pizza delivered to your room. I also used the automatic icemaker in the refrigerator in my room. I will definitely consider returning to this property for another stay.

Room Tip: While sitting in the hot tub one day, I noticed that a few of the rooms had window air conditioning...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank TravelingSolo
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Excellent location between I Drive and Universal Boulevard so no traffic noise. Free shuttles are very useful if you don't have a car, we did have one, but made good use of the shuttles as well so could have a couple of beers at the parks. Free breakfast whilst a bit samey is more than enough to fill you up so no complaints from me as it is more than I have in UK so not a problem, and the managers night is a real bonus, as it won me over with it's free beer and wine and if on a budget, there is plenty of food there as well (Mon through Thurs 5pm-7pm) so you can fill your boots at both Breks and Dinner on those days.
Staff are very friendly, and the suites are big enough for a family and a maximum 2 kids, there was just the two of us so plenty of room. Each room has a widescreen TV so no arguing over which side to watch, the kitchen is fully equipped, although no kettle so just used the microwave to make my cuppa in the morning.
The pool is open until 10pm every night so there is a small amount of noise coming from there until it shuts, so if you have a young family I would suggest requesting a room that face away from the pool.
All in all a fabulous place to stay and my wife and I are looking forward to going back there.

Room Tip: For young family room that faces away from pool. Not a room near to the exit doors or lifts
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Humphman
Reviewed September 25, 2011

My husband and I chose this hotel based mostly on TripAdvisor reviews. It was the perfect choice for us.
We were in Orlando from Sept. 12th through the 18th for the AAFP Scientific Assembly at the convention center. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The breakfast and the light dinner and drinks (Mon.-Thurs.) were quite good and very convenient. The pool area is shady most of the day (except from around noon to 3pm) but the Hampton next door has exchange privileges if you want more sun. There are many restaurant and shopping opportunities within easy walking distance. If you want to venture further out, the iTrolley has stops on the street right out in front of the hotel. Homewood also provides free daily shuttles to Universal and Disney. (Just sign up at the front desk area)
If I ever plan another trip back to this area...this will definitely be the hotel I choose!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank SeekerOfTheSun
Reviewed September 22, 2011

An ideal location, mins to all major attractions in orlando. Very friendly front desk, helpful tour agent, Kimi who can help u with all tour queries. Good breakfast with friendly staff. Suite is excellent with great bed, separate living room. Ideal for family!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank Sor_Family
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Great location amongst some good restaurants and near the i-Ride. Bahama breeze just around the corner was superb (and if you're a vegetarian your best option!! (lighter bites)). Room was large and the most comfy bed ever (we wanted to bring it home, missing it big time !). Bonus having a little kitchenette/living room. Never tried the pool but it looked fine and seemed popular. Breakfast is a bit of freeforall but plentiful, would recommend that you try to get to breakfast before 8.30 otherwise its like a zoo and you may not get a table. Don't try to leave your food outside near the pool as the resident squirrels is a connoisseur of cornflakes ;). Receptionists are helpful but the Universal ladies are a little scary (as you need to ask them for the bus tickets to Universal parks). Complimentary buses to all the parks (even Busch if you stand by the Crab Shack 1/4 mile up IDrive) are included but the return times are early and you will most likely miss the fireworks at Disney. (we took a taxi one night back from the TTC to catch them, and it cost $26). Complimentary food and drinks between 5&7pm Mon-Thurs if you're about (we were always out). Rooms were always clean and tidy and the house keeping staff should be complimented. Good value for money !

Room Tip: If you're worried about air con, use the fan !. If you're worried about noise from the pool...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple