“Healthy Eating”

Neighborhood: Central Business District
Neighborhood: Central Business District
“Healthy Eating”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Very Good! Unlimited salad, soup, pasta dishes,dessert, bread and rolls! Can't ask for anything more. Serve yourself all you can eat! Reasonable pricing. Drinks are extra!

• Visited April 2013

• Czech first
Galion, Ohio, United States
“Excellent!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

All salads, potatoes, rolls and bread, soup!! Mighty good eating. No complaints. All you can eat. For a quick healthy, serve yourself meal this is the place.

• Visited April 2013
Atlanta
“Very Healthy Eating”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The salad bar is quite impressive. There are so many healthy salads, soups, pastas, etc. that will make you feel good about what you are eating. Even the dessert features non-fat yogurt ice cream that is light and refreshing without all of the calories from milk and excessive sugar that you get from ice cream. After all of the poor eating that you may be experiencing on vacation, this restaurant will help you feel much better about what you are eating.

Visited April 2013
St. Catharines, Canada
“Great Value, Great Food”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

All the food is healthy and organic and fresh. Not the best place for meat, but you can still find protein in the tuna pasta, chunky chicken noodle soup and bean soups. The tapioca pudding was the best as was the chili which was the best we ever had. All for cafeteria prices!!

• Visited March 2013
Virginia
“My first time at a Sweet Tomatoes and I loved it!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We even ended up going twice during our vacation. Both times the restaurant was not too crowded, which is nice because of the usual overcrowding at Disney restaurants. They had many options at the salad bar at the front, including premade salads like the Caesar and Southwest, which were both good. They also had a wide variety of salad toppings: carrots, cauliflower, cheese, onions, crispy wonton noodles, croutons… They even had both low fat and indulgent dressings to choose from. I filled up my plate with lettuce and all the other healthy and less healthy salad toppings that they had. It was definitely a nice change compared to Disney restaurants because of their very reasonable prices for the area (only $11 for each of us!).

Having healthy food and veggies there was great because eating the delicious but fattening Orlando food was beginning to take its toll. We sat down at a nice, quiet table at the back and I was soon back for more. They also have soups, pastas, and breads, not to mention a delicious baked potato/ sweet potato bar! I highly recommend their sweet potatoes. It is a healthy option to regular potatoes and the honey butter and cinnamon sugar they provided combined with it was heavenly. This month, they have bruschetta pasta, which was very good, as well as their usual delicious macaroni and cheese. Another March special was the grilled cheese focaccia dippers paired with their tomato soup. I tried it out and it was ok, not great. Their other focaccia breads were great, though! I also enjoyed the New England Clam Chowder.

After eating until I was stuffed :) I checked out their muffins and dessert bar. Could Sweet Tomatoes get any better? They had some delicious brownie muffins, although probably not as healthy as their other muffins, which I didn’t really love. They also had a soft serve ice cream machine with both chocolate and vanilla, toppings like Oreos and peanuts, and some Tapioca pudding and sugar-free mousse. I didn’t love any of that but if you love soft serve it would be fine. Everyone in my family found many things they liked, with our different tastes. The only thing I wasn’t completely satisfied about was the table-clearing. With all the buffet dishes, out table got a little crowded and it would have been nice if a server came to clear the table but her only came one time and only took three dishes. We ended up putting the plates on a tray and placing them on a near empty table, oops!

Overall, Sweet Tomatoes has a great value and offers a good diversity of food. It’s hard to find a place like this with all of the overpriced restaurants in Orlando.

I wish there was a Sweet Tomatoes in my area; I can’t wait to come back!

• Visited March 2013