“Delmonico's does it again”

Delmonico's Italian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Delmonico's Italian Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #181 of 4,084 Restaurants in Orlando
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We returned based on the great experience last year and they were just as impressive. We were part of a very large group at the convention center and they were very busy with large groups but managed to make us feel like we were the only ones in the restaurant. Quick service and the food was equally as good. Can't wait for our next trip.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,487)

Reviewed March 9, 2014

I have just had an early dinner at Delmonicos in Orlando and it was probably one of the worst culinary experiences I have ever had!

After being in Orlando for a almost a week and having had two decent, but 'typical', meals from TGIs we wanted to upgrade to a better restaurant. So after asking the concierge at the Marriott they recommended Delmonicos - I was a little unsure but they were adamant that it was great food and service...I took a look to Tripadviser and was pleased to see such good reviews. However, our experience was quiet different....

- The presentation was like something I would do (and I am a poor cook)
- The filet mignon was served with just a baked potato and no vegetables (I don't count spring onions!!)
- The pasta on the shrimp was over cooked and the dish was just a lump (very large one) of pasta with 4 shrimp placed around the side...no veg, no colour just a mass of over cooked pasta
- The lasagne was very dry with lumps of some kind of cheese and a sprinkle of Mariana sauce on top
- The chicken fingers looked like they came out of a bag from a super market and the 'upgrade' (for $2.99) for French fries looked like over ready chips and were pretty much inedible
- The waitress had no idea what Sauvignon blanc was - and even pointed to the red wine!!
- and the food was way way over priced

I do hope that someone reads this and takes heed of my experience...try somewhere else anywhere else. The TGI a mile down the road on IDrive is really good

4  Thank tjp2912
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Don't miss Delmonico's! Visited in March 2014. Lovely warm evening and we were seated promptly on the outdoor patio. Server was terrific. Always a step ahead with service. Food was amazing. I enjoyed a their roma tomato salad and a great veal dinner and my wife had 2 appetizers as dinner, the portobello mushroom and shrimp cocktail. All were great! A memorable evening and I will return.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We had family come in from out of town to celebrate a family birthday and we suggested Delmonico's. This is one of my favorite restaurants, it offer great Italian food and an excellent variety of steaks and seafood. The service was amazing and everyone loved the food. We celebrated a birthday and the staff made the occasion very special. I even proposed to my girl as part of the evenings festivities. We had a great time and would highly recommend that you visit.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

. . After being recommended this restaurant by the Hilton resort close by, boy was I in for a shock. Like something out of Gordon Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares this place needs a complete revamp. The waiting staff were all very nice, but the Maitre'd or floor walker was an idiot. The girls were all made to wear various types of patterened pantyhose, and guess what that's all he was looking at all the time. But worse was the food. Soup had a strange metal taste, I guess because it came out of a tin. My steak was served on the smallest plate ever, the steak was blue, not medium rare as I had asked. I asked for it to be cooked some more, but a new steak appeared. It was the slightly better cooked, but as it was so think, over 1.5" it was still raw in the middle. My wifes chicken was 2 pieces of flavourless meat dumped ontop of wet, overcooked pasta with a red wine sauce, again on a tiny plate. She could not eat it. Mainly because every time she went to cut the meat it squigged around the plate ontop of the pasta. I complained and just got bad stares but we got free cocktails. All in all the chef, the manager all need to really look at what they are serving. Truly awful. I left the waitress a tip, and went to leave, and refused to pay the full bill. I paid 50% and left. I cannot recommend you avoid this place enough.

4  Thank Tom W