“Excellent”

Delmonico's Italian Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Delmonico's Italian Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 3,924 Restaurants in Orlando
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Expensive, but excellent. Nothing to dislike. Staff very attentive and pleasant. Good surroundings and atmosphere.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,426)

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The italian food wasn't very good but the steak on of our men ordered was excellent. I would recommend to stay away from the italian food and stay with the steak.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Reasonably priced, excellent food, great ambience and attentive staff. Our meal here was absolutely first class. The steak was cooked to perfection - few chefs understand what medium well means but this chef did. The Tiramisu was exactly how it is supposed to be - soft, creamy and subtle without the usual dousing in far too much coffee liqueur. Even the Malbec was served at a perfect temperature and, though young, made a fitting partner to the steak. What a lovely surprise - this restaurant deserves high praise and we will be revisiting it when next in Orlando.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Good meal, steak and pasta. We had great service from a very friendly server named Kai, ( I hope I got her name correct!). Fast seating & friendly service. Good meal after a long day of being a tourist.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Went here for something to eat after spending a day out at the parks as it was close to the hotel and it was an Italian steakhouse. We both love Italian food and steaks so thought we would go on in. We walked upto the door and there was a sign on the door saying smart casual wear only. I was in my jeans and jacket and my girlfriend was wearing a dress which was smart enough. But when we walked in we saw groups of people sat round the bar wearing sports tops and flip flops making alot of noise which is all fair and good for a bar.

One of the staff came upto us as we walked in and asked if they could help us. We asked for a table of 2 for something to eat. Even though the restaurant was empty they decided to sit us right next to the bar where we practically had to shout at each other to hear each other. When the waitress came over she asked us if we would like anything to drink. Firstly we asked if we could move and were told this wasnt possible as the restaurant part hadnt opened yet even though it was around 7pm at night which we thought was kind of odd. But we took their word for it and stayed where we were. We then asked for a couple of cokes as we are not really drinkers. 20minutes later the drinks arrived with the ice half melted and the coke looking very pale.

We were then given the menus and instantly asked if we wanted to order. When we asked for a few minutes to be able to read the menu the waitress said "Fine" and walked off to the bar and stood there watching our every move. This made us feel uncomfortable to say the least. Which the food does sound nice they need to be abit more creative with their pasta dishes. Almost everything was with Marranara sauce. After a few minutes we had decided on the steaks instead of pasta. We put the menus down and waited 10 more minutes while the waitress stood talking to the doorman. She eventually came over and asked if we were ready to order. We placed our order but because we wernt ordering anything other than a main she sort of took the huff with us for some reason and picked up the menus leaning over myself and my girlfriend to grab the menus almost knocking over my girlfriends drink. She then walked off. 25minutes later our steaks finally came out. When I saw the plate I was impressed by the size of the steak but I was disappointed that we only got a small spoon of mash to go with considering the cost of the dish itself.

Not bothered to say anything as we are not complainers. We just wont go back to a place if we have a really bad time there. We got stuck into our meal. I had asked for my steak to be medium but it was med well and my girlfriend had asked for med well and got it burnt. The mash was dry and lumpy and not seasoned. I know the lumps give it a home made feel but there is a limit. They might do better by investing in a potatoe ricer.

I managed to eat my steak but left the mash and my girlfriend was only able to eat half of hers because of the burnt parts. When we had finished just as we laid our cutlery down on the plates the waitress came over and picked up the plates without asking how everything was. She just picked them up and put the check down on the table without asking if we would like to see the dessert menu which is usual common practice for a restaurant. While we were looking over the check we could see the waitress watching us to see how much we put down. Probably expecting an extra tip even though they had already added 15% service charge ontop. We just paid our money and left without a goodbye from anyone.

I dont know if it was just a bad day for the staff or if it was because we were only a couple of tourists or if we wernt having a massive meal but we wernt happy with it and we decided to stick to the Travel Inn where we felt welcomed by the friendly staff and the food is a decent quality and the chef knows how to cook a steak even if it is smaller.