“Great Location, Wonderful Suite”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando - Disney Springs Area
Ranked #108 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Tampa, Florida
“Great Location, Wonderful Suite”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Great price for an on property hotel. Large normal double tree suite rooms. Free shuttle to and from disney parks, although it was slow at times with the many stops. Breakfast was a tad expensive but nothing we didn't expect be a hilton property. Would stay again

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CaribbeanCruiserBVI

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Older hotel redone. Very accommodating staff and very quick to respond to any issues. Very clean. Had an issue with the tv and toilet and it was handled within 5 minutes. Nice pool. Because hotel is older and has been redone no exhaust fan in bathroom which would really help for shower steam, etc. but that's minor. Would stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank JAB11Columbus_Ohio
Lynn Have, FL
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Traveled to Orlando to see the magic mouse and his friends. This Doubletree is a Downtown Disney hotel, so it is on the shuttle routes for park visits. There is plenty of parking for the size of the hotel, but be aware it is not free ($15 per night). Although some Hilton suite properties include breakfast in the room rates, this one does not.

Best reasons to pick this hotel: 1.) It is hard to find true suites (with whole doors and whole walls) in the Kingdom in case parents plan to be up later than kids to work on office stuff. 2.) When we were there, it had a perfect mix of families and business guests so you can have a full hotel without having everyone needing the same facilities and services at exactly the same times.

At check-in, staff were friendly and efficient. There was a slight hiccup with the room we had reserved, but we were placed in a substitute that was perfectly fine with us. Staff also provided a little comp to offset the change.

The room was clean and everything was in its proper place (for about 5 seconds) before kids began preparing to inspect the pool. The pool is perfectly nice with lovely landscaping, the expected hot tub area, comfy lounge chairs, splish-splash area for toddlers (fenced separately) and plenty of fresh towels. The pool also seems to be slightly heated. (The water from input spouts was warmer than the overall temp of the pool on this early spring night.) The pool is still cool enough to be refreshing, or- in a decent breeze- chilly to kids. Fridge and microwave worked as expected. The room has a convenience coffee tray where you could brew individual cups (if you truly can't wait until 6 am when they have it for you downstairs.) In our suite, there was generous counter space in the bathroom, great water pressure in the shower, and a nice shower head to rinse away the shampoo. The closet space provided was more than we needed with 2 adults and 3 kids.
The staff who tidied the room each day were very good getting everything back where they found it- except with nice, perfectly made beds underneath it. I'm always happy when a stuffed animal that was left in the bedding is on top of said bed rather than lost in the hotel laundry.
Breakfast was better than some Hilton-group properties we've been in. Special compliments to Luis from Puerto Rico who flips omelets perfectly and remembered my order after the first two days, too. We also used the convenience store for a pick-up item. It wouldn't take much to make it worth a quick run up one block to a real store. The prices were shockingly high, even compared to hotel convenience stores I've seen elsewhere.

4 Thank PCFamily
New York, United States
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This hotel is beautiful! However, all else was terrible. They had the wrong room waiting for us 1 king instead of 2 queen beds), and they did not have listed that I purchased breakfast with the room. I had to show them my printed receipt so that they "believed" me. There was no shower curtain in the bathroom, the coffee maker leaked everywhere, they got my room service order wrong THREE times (same order), towels were lefts on the floor and the cups were left in the sink. There was no spoons, plates or coffee available when I went down to breakfast (had to ask for all 3 items!) After all this, all I asked for was a late check out and they gave me a huge hassle about it, and only gave me an extra hour! THEN, the shuttle they set up to take me to airport NEVER showed up and I had to get a cab! And that was just my room experience. We had 4 families in our group at same hotel. They will have similar reviews! TERRIBLE!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

2 Thank Judith B
West Lafayette
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Travelled to Orlando for basketball tournament at the ESPN Zone. The hotel was in a convenient location, the rooms were standard Doubletree Suites rooms, the staff was very friendly. The breakfast for Hilton Honors members was a buffet set up in a separate ballroom, which had Mickey cartoons on extra loud, to occupy the kids. We opted to eat in the main restaurant dining room in order to have an adult conversation.

Room Tip: High rooms on the Honors floors are away from most noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank SharonHank
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

First and foremost..would like to state that I've been staying on property at Walt Disney World for many years...now I'm a true Believer in not...except for not getting extra magic hours at this Hilton...but you do get at the regular Hilton down the road....I will continue to earn my Hilton Rewards and stay at The Doubletree..the staff at the front desk was extremely helpful with check in..plus we got the delicious cookies..they accommodated my request for a higher floor...I asked for extra towels and soap..it was all there when I returned from the parks..the room and the size of it is outstanding...to mention a few...pillow top beds..soft...soft clean linens...two rooms...with a door..so we could have a bite to eat in the mini kitchenette while our son slept..two flat screen t.vs....and a separate mirrored area outside of bathroom so two people can get ready at once...the breakfast was just perfect..loved the fresh fruit and fresh muffins..my son loved the Mickey waffles...parking..even though is charged daily..is close to the building...convenient....would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Ali R
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I travel and stay 50+ nights a year with Hilton and this service experience was the worst ever. I have to say the only positive is the actual rooms are great but service associated with this hotel is horrific. From check-in I had an unfriendly associate who told me nothing about the place. I had to ask all sorts of questions to find out where breakfast was, shuttles, etc. There are two floors dedicated to HHonors plus I typically stay on a higher floor. Neither of which I received. Our room was not cleaned one day and we were gone all day. When we returned later that night, I called to at least get new towels and waited up 2 hours and they never arrived. Breakfast was a complete joke. Fruit was so hard not even a fork could penetrate it, oatmeal looked like water and baked goods were days past fresh. We tried it twice to the same disappointment. It looks like that is their standard not just a bad day. I am not sure where they hire their staff from but certainly not professionals and not typical Hilton standards. I will never return. There are many other Hilton choices in the Orlando area.

6 Thank Jennifer M