DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando - Disney Springs Area
Ranked #105 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed December 31, 2013

The bus service to the resorts were always late and very crowded. A lot of the times, we had to stand all the way to the disney resorts. Should have additional buses and more frequently. The rooms (suites) were very nice.

2  Thank Mary Ellen Y
Write a ReviewReviews (1,762)

Reviewed December 30, 2013

The hotel description says Downtown Disney is within walking distance. They forgot to say a "long walk". It's really a short drive to Downtown Disney. The Disney Resorts are just a short drive from the hotel as well. The hotel staff was very pleasant and helpful. We did not use the Disney shuttle from the hotel, but we would stay again.

1  Thank Codey M
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed at the Doubletree at Downtown Disney from Dec 20-25. Although we knew better to travel to Disney for the busiest time of year, we lucked out on Dec 21-23, not so much on Dec 24-25 as far as crowds go. Buses were overcrowded and late – but what could the doubletree do – not their fault.

The rooms were obviously recently renovated and very nice. The staff, especially the Diamond Breakfast porter (Karen) was outstanding. Kudo’s to Patrick, Robby, Tim, Laura, and Anastatia.

The food at breakfast was good, and free with my Diamond status. They let us take some fruit to the parks, a nice snack for the kids while we waited in the lines.

More than anything, the rooms were clean, comfortable (Mom and Dad slept on the sleeper sofa this time and it was surprisingly comfy), and roomy.

Good value and recommend over any other downtown Disney hotel. However, next time, I might just spring for the extra money and stay on resort so we can get away mid-day for a break.

Room Tip: Diamond status 7th floor two-room suite. They have two bedroom suites, I'm told only five. Ha...
1  Thank PeakValentine
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

This is my second time staying in this hotel and I don't believe there is a better option in the area for families. We had 8 people in 2 one bedroom suites. The suites are spacious, recently renovated and well appointed. The kitchen area is functional and provides a lot of counter space. Staff has been very friendly and helpful - we've asked for extra blankets, sheets and towels several times. Housekeeping was helpful in providing service when we wanted it. There is bus services to all of the Disney properties and we never had any transportation issues. Downtown Disney is a half mile walk and easy for most anyone - including my 70 year old parents. The breakfast served in the restaurant is buffet style and ample of most tastes. I would, at all costs, avoid the restaurant and room service. The poor quality of the food and the amateurish service kept me from giving this hotel 5 stars.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I am currently staying as a guest, Dec 24th - Dec 28th. Although, the property itself is refurbished and upgraded, customer treatment is disappointing. The staff should learn that little things matter!

When I checked in, no cookies. I was given just a "white" room key, that expired the following night. Imagine, coming back to your room after a 12 hr. day at WDW, only to find you are locked out of your room with two cranky kids. So, i went downstairs and was told that the system had generated a temporary key, and she had to remake new keys for me. Really! You couldn't have told me that while checking in that I should stop by in 24 hrs. So in all of this mess, the hotel "market place" closes by mid-night. I was looking to grab something to eat. When I pointed this out to the check-in desk, all she said was yeah it closes at mid-night. Hello!! What hotel's pantry closes, ever!!

On top of this, the hotel kept charging my credit card throughout the stay. Normally how this process works is, they block off a deposit, and settle against that. There is another horrible experience I had to endure surrounding that...but I'm not even going to get into that

3  Thank Sanjay M
J-Parkinson, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando - Disney Springs Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

We're terribly sorry for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay with us. We value each and every guest-including our rewards members and appreciate your feedback. It will certainly help us as we review our processes and make any necessary changes. We purposely do not authorize a very large amount upfront, just enough to cover room + tax and a small % so you can change to your suite during the stay. When someone reaches their limit with room charges from our outlets, we automatically authorize to cover that fee. We know the little things can mean the big things and we hope you'll give us another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

John L. Parkinson

Reviewed December 27, 2013

We have never stayed at a DoubleTree hotel, but as soon as we arrived and I pulled up to the front entrance the bell boy quickly grabbed a cart and started to load up our bags, coats unto it. I quickly went to check-in and the staff at the front desk were very welcoming and once i was all checked in offered my family warm cookies. Our suite was spacious, had a great view to the pool, the bedroom was sectioned off from the suite which was perfect for privacy. The suite in which we stayed had been recently renovated and were very nice and spacious, even the bathroom was pleasantly spacious. We were shuttled to Disney World to/fro which was very convenient because we didn't want to drive and figure out parking and addtl fees. It was an excellent experience for my family and would definitely recommend to others who may not otherwise stay without reading the reviews first. My family and I look forward to another stay at the DoubleTree for another trip to Disney World.

1  Thank Maria A

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am pleased to learn you and your family enjoyed your stay so much, you’ll be coming back! We are so proud of our new suites, they are perfect for large families!

Have a wonderful en of the year!
Best regards,
John Parkinson

Reviewed December 25, 2013

What a beautiful property. I have never loved a hotel in Orlando so much. The staff was helpful, the pantry store at the bottom had everything imaginable, the beds were comfortable and the shuttle was priceless. They even worked with us on a late checkout so that my disabled elderly mom could stay in the room while we spent the day shopping. The suite slept all 6 of us comforably. Tim the bellman was right on top of everything finding!!! We will for sure be back!

1  Thank Familytravelgirl-5

Thank you for your kind words! I am pleased we were able to accommodate you and your family to your pleasing, and can’t wait to host you again.

All my best,
John Parkinson

Travelers also viewed these Orlando hotels
B Resort & Spa
B Resort & Spa
#126 of 342 in Orlando
Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area
Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Orlando - Disney Springs Area? Share your experiences!