“Great taste, fun atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pollo Campero - CLOSED

Pollo Campero
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating
Neighborhood: Lake Buena Vista
“Great taste, fun atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

My girls love the Baby cakes from the Pollo Campero bakery (all gluten free and delicious) but we have never tried their food until yesterday. We were pleasantly surprised by the flavor. The chicken was perfectly seasoned and full of flavor, and the beans were just right, perfectly made fried yucca and maduros hit the spot and brought me back home to the Caribbean. By far, this is the best Spanish food served at a fast service restaurant I've had in the US. We will definitely come back not only for the amazing cup cakes but also for the great meal.

• Visited November 2012

Huntsville, Alabama
“Did not care for this place, very confusing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

We needed a quick service meal in Downtown Disney, but this was not the place to go. My son enjoyed his fried chicken, but the chicken strips were not good. They looked and tasted like cheap frozen ones. The yucca fries were alright when I sampled them because they were hot and fresh, but the ones on my plate were cold and stale. The restaurant is confusing to navigate and my husband had to wait too long for a burger that was just OK. They had staff to show you how to get your food, but should you need a guide to navigate a quick service diner? My son had fried chicken and I had chicken strips and we were given tortillas - why? There is a condiment bar but it was crowded and was not worth the wait to see what was there. Disappointing.

Visited November 2012
Cumbria Uk
“You will not be disappointed.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Pollo Campero, Fresh-a-Peel and Babycakes are all in the site of the old McDonald's restaurant.
Although we never tried Fresh-a-peel, we saw their salads being eaten and they were impressive to say the least. We only ate at Pollo Campero and ate Chicken. There is 3 types to select from . You can have 2 portions of Signature Fried, 3 chiken strips or 1 quarter prtion of Citrus Grilled with choice of sides. Burgers can also be purchased but we never tried them but they looked good! The fixings bar is fabulous with a fantastic choice of sauces, dips etc. Yummy!
Our desserts were from Baby cakes and I must say I loved their Coconut Mounds.....Delicious.
Cupcakes were nice too....not too keen on the "doughnuts" but that you my taste.
Would recommend a visit and we will be back!

• Visited October 2012
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Quick tasty dining option at Downtown Disney”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

We decided to give this restaurant a try as a quick service option under the Disney dining plan. We found it surprisingly good for our family of four (kids 8 and 6). The order process is a bit weird as there are three stations for ordering food and as far as I could tell you had to order at each counter Chicken, sandwiches and salads. Even the dessert counter is a different station. My wife and I went with the Citris Grilled chicken with plantains and rice. The kids chose chicken fingers with applesauce/French fries. We sample the yucca fries and found them horrible tasting – so pass on them. For our dessert options we each chose a different cupcake – these were excellent and very filling. A nice feature of this restaurant is it has an awesome Salsa/Sauce bar with lots of mixed choices – definitely give this a try. The atmosphere was hustle-bustle and pretty crowded at the 6pm dinner hour. Seems that this is an overflow choice for those not wanting to wait at the other crowded dining options. We found the staff and other patrons friendly and helpful when needed. Some would call this a fast-food style restaurant but we found it inviting and I would recommend it for its tasty dishes and quick service.

• Visited September 2012
Panama City, Florida
“Excellent choices for lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had 4 adults and 2 kids for lunch with everyone enjoying their meals. I liked the option of ordering varying styles of food. We ordered: taco salad, veggie falafel burger, chicken strips, french fries, fried chicked, BBQ'd chicken, empenadas, and a hot dog with everything being great. They also have a gluten-free bakery in the front. Great for lunch.

• Visited September 2012