“Delicious food and friendly, helpful staff”

NaraDeva Thai Restaurant
Ranked #686 of 3,926 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Millenia
Description: Authentic Thai Cuisine in Millenia area. 90 seats indoor plus patio seatings. Open dialy from 11:00 am. to 09:30 pm.
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The restaurant is decorated in the traditional Thai way which makes such a change from the brash US restaurants in Orlando!
The staff were very friendly and helpful - they were happy to answer any questions we had about the food and we were all really happy with our choices. The food was delicious and plentiful.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I like Thai food so we decided to try this restaurant for lunch on a Saturday. This restaurant was critiqued by a well known food critic and we want to find out if we agree with his assessment.

Indeed, the wall and ceiling decors, the hardwood tables, the plates were all beautifully chosen. It is a big dining room that has been nicely arranged. The hostess, dressed in Thai attire, welcomed us with a great smile and not too long after that, our waiter appeared to take our orders. Everyone was very polite. The place also had good acoustics because conversations among diners were well-muffled.

We were handed a text menu and a picture menu that showcased an extensive selection. Everything looked mouth-watering. We ordered the shrimp roll for appetizer, one pork and one tofu entree, and lastly the ice cream dessert with topping. Our order came in no time at all.

Sadly, that was all it was. The food quality did not match the excellent ambience, the courteous wait staff, the well-pictured, extensive menu, and most of all the PRICE. The shrimp roll had the shrimp overcooked which made it hard and chewy, the pork and tofu entrees tasted so-so, and the toppings on the vanilla/coconut ice cream were just plain bland, bland, bland. With the poor food quality, the total tab without drinks, was just a waste of our money. Now, I agree with that famous food critic. It was definitely overpriced for the food quality. Oh well, we paid for the ambience.

1  Thank L0la3
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Excellent food. Great service and really peaceful and not loud.
Food and service where excellent. Owner is also great. Best Thai so far in the area

Price reasonable

Great dishes will go back anytime

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Service was absolutely terrible. Did not give additional dinner plates when sharing. Hard to get them to ask for something. Appetizers were good. Noodles awful. Got fed up of waiting for bill so just went up front. Looks like common theme is service. Atmosphere nice but service needs huge improvement.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

When I entered the restaurant, I asked the person standing at the door if the restaurant was opened because there was no one in this large restaurant. It was 7 pm and I thought there was something very strange that I was the only person there on a Thur. night. Only other person was someone ordering a take out.

I ordered three items, squid thad pai, mixed vegetable and soft shell crab. The server was friendly, but after he delivered the meal, he only came by once to see if everything was okay. The squid Thad pai was ok....the noodles were a little over cooked, not al dente. the mixed vegetable had dark basil sauce that was very strongly flavored. When I complained that the soft shell crab was overcooked and too crispy, he never came back to ask if he can help. Plus I said that the sauce was too strong. I had asked for the check to the manager's assistant and complained that the crab was inedible because it was not fresh, overcooked and too hard to bite into....she said she would let the kitchen know. She never offered to comp my wine or charge me half of the crab dish, which I was expecting. The main server never came back to thank for my coming...he just disappeared.

I would not return to this restaurant. The soft shell crab dish was $19.99 and terrible. It's too bad there is no customer service there and they really don't care to make it right, etc.