“Food ok but awful service”

NaraDeva Thai Restaurant
Ranked #916 of 3,808 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Millenia
Description: Authentic Thai Cuisine in Millenia area. 90 seats indoor plus patio seatings. Open dialy from 11:00 am. to 09:30 pm.
Orlando, Florida
“Food ok but awful service”
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Service was absolutely terrible. Did not give additional dinner plates when sharing. Hard to get them to ask for something. Appetizers were good. Noodles awful. Got fed up of waiting for bill so just went up front. Looks like common theme is service. Atmosphere nice but service needs huge improvement.

• Visited July 2013

Orlando
“Nara, is nada! Food was a disgrace and service no where to be seen!”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

When I entered the restaurant, I asked the person standing at the door if the restaurant was opened because there was no one in this large restaurant. It was 7 pm and I thought there was something very strange that I was the only person there on a Thur. night. Only other person was someone ordering a take out.

I ordered three items, squid thad pai, mixed vegetable and soft shell crab. The server was friendly, but after he delivered the meal, he only came by once to see if everything was okay. The squid Thad pai was ok....the noodles were a little over cooked, not al dente. the mixed vegetable had dark basil sauce that was very strongly flavored. When I complained that the soft shell crab was overcooked and too crispy, he never came back to ask if he can help. Plus I said that the sauce was too strong. I had asked for the check to the manager's assistant and complained that the crab was inedible because it was not fresh, overcooked and too hard to bite into....she said she would let the kitchen know. She never offered to comp my wine or charge me half of the crab dish, which I was expecting. The main server never came back to thank for my coming...he just disappeared.

I would not return to this restaurant. The soft shell crab dish was $19.99 and terrible. It's too bad there is no customer service there and they really don't care to make it right, etc.

• Visited July 2013
Hull, Massachusetts
“Ok but not good”
Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

TA reviews let me down on this one. I ordered an Ice tea without lemon and the red curry no peppers. Neither were correct. The tea is not a big deal but having to wait to get your food remade is not fun. The decor is a bit cheesy but it is clean restaurant. When the food finally came,it was very good. As others have mentioned, ask for a level below your norm for spice as they run hot. I'd be willing to try them again.

Visited April 2013
“More Different Choices”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We're shopping at Millenia Mall and looking for something to eat. We decided to try Thai Food at NareDeva. It was late lunch for Sunday afternoon. There're a few tables there, the place decorated in Thai Style. Server got drinks for us, we asked server for a few minutes to come back because there're several dishes that they normally didn't have in typical Thai restaurant. We liked that we could try different things. We ordered Fish Filet Salad, Thai Red B.B.Q. Pork with Sesame Gravy, and Papaya Salad. It's all good. We will definitely be back to try more.

• Visited December 2012
“Good food bad service”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Every thai restaurant I went has an amazing service and great food and ambience .

Place looks nice specially inside . Wood curving and sounds
Food was OK and like great but not too great
Price vs Quantity This place is in a little pricey specially for the food
I've been to Thai restaurant in Orlando were its better more quantity and cheaper
and has more class than this one
Only thing they should do here is have a little more customer service that's all
They never ask if everything is okay ?once they got you order you're on your own.
I have to look at them and tell them we need something
They are not rude just to let you guys know .Its just that they don't care either
would not recommend this place to anybody unless you live close and crave Thai food
like my wife, and coconut juice is expensive and taste like the ones on can ..

• Visited April 2013