Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive
$91
$86
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$289
$127
$202
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$154
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$169
$272
$212
$325
$303
Orbitz.com
5,484 results
All reviewstime sharemain poolaugustine sectionkeys sectionflagler stationthe key west areafull kitcheninternational drivepirate shipbedroom villawasher dryerfree giftpublix supermarketsales pitchkids pooltimeshare presentationwelcome package
Reviewed March 11, 2010

This was our 2nd stay at Sheraton Vistana Villages. We stayed in a premium one bedroom unit in the Key West section. This one bedroom was about 1,000 sq ft with a screened in porch, beautiful modern kitchen and a spacious bathroom with jacuzzi tub, double vanity and huge walk in shower. Be careful because not all one bedroom units are the same at this resort. According to the floor plan, a one bedroom could range from 500-600 sq ft to the premium 1,000-,1100 sq ft units. The resort has one of the best pool complexes that I have ever seen. At the Key West section, the pool is smaller than the main pool but it is heated and seems warmer. There is also a hot tub. The grounds are beautiful for walking. My only criticism would be that the living room furniture was worn out and uncomfortable and the quality of the beddings and linens was average. The Sheraton Hotels have the trademark Sweet Sleeper beds which are wonderful. The mattress and sheets at this resort were at best okay. After a week of sleeping on the bed, both my husband and I had achy backs. The couch had no support left and needed to be replaced. The resort location is good. Several restaurants nearby and a Publix. Only a few miles from Walt Disney World and even closer to Sea World.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2010

This hotel has a fabulous layout and the grounds are immaculate. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The pool is probably one of the best I've seen. That's the good points!
The bottom line for me is can I stay comfortably at this hotel and can I get a good night sleep. Unfortunately, this hotel was like putting lipstick on a pig. The rating was too high as the room just wasn't that great. The room was very small for a 1 bedroom, and the kitchen was not what I consider a "full" kitchen. If you plan to spend most of your time by the pool, or on the grounds then it's superb. I need a place to relax after a long day and a good night's sleep. I did neither here! The room walls and ceilings are too thin as the noise from neighbors is overwhelming. I'm not sure if the folks upstairs we're having a group game of musical chairs or what, but you could hear every footstep and movement.
The second night was even worse as there was a group of young adults (10-15) in the hot tub. I thought that there was a group next door, until I realized that they we're outside. I was on the fourth floor, so I certainly was surprised to be able to hear them from that far away. They partied from 10 pm till 1 am (When the hot tub closes!). When you have a family who needs to be awake by 4:30 am for a flight, that doesn't leave a lot of sleep. I'm not sure if they blew their security budget on the grounds crew, but they we're non-existent!
A five star rating for the hotel grounds and buildings. A two star for comfort and a one star for sleep quality.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank CricketNB
Reviewed March 9, 2010

We stayed here as a result deal offered to try to sell us a time share. The deal was so good that we decided to build a vacation around it and visit Disney World for our daughter's 8th birthday. We paid $369 to have a 2 bedroom condo for 4 nights and 5 days; $200 of that was to upgrade to the 2 bed unit over the 1 bed unit which was the original offer. The place was nice, just don't look too hard. Staff was very disinterested in helping with anything...for helping with luggage in the pouring rain to responding to an inquiry.

I found the unit cleaned as though the same family would be checking in; not clean enough for a 3rd party to check in. There was "gunge" in the shower along with old hair and red mold - not something I really wanted my 5 year old to come in contact with. I asked for dish cloths and dish towels and a package was delivered to the unit but no dish clothes were included so I used a face cloth during our stay. A few light bulbs were burned out and there were expired batteries in the TV remote in the living room. These things were fixed in the first 24 hours but indicated how details were not given any attention..

The weather was hot and we spent many hours beside the pool which was lovely. The comment from another reviewer regarding parents not watching their own children was rampant while we were there and in one case we actually saw the parents leave 5 children ranging from 1 year up to about 11 at the pool while they went back to the room. It was shocking and these kids were badly behaved even while parents were there and hit other children and even tried to push one child's head under the water. Luckily for that little girl her parents were attentive.

My only other comment about the pool is that it has a zero entry in the kids area which is great, but also used by the Canadian Geese to access the pool in the early morning. This made me wonder how clean the water really was as the geese didn't wear swim diapers.

Unfortunately we were told the presentation for the timeshare would be 60 to 90 minutes. It lasted 5.5 hours! It was horrible and the pressure was huge but they were going to charge us over the going rate until they brought us over to the counter to say we could leave. I will never do that again and I will never take another time share deal anywhere as it just isn't worth it in the long run.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2010

We stayed here from February 21st to the 27th. Were greeted at the main gate by my best new buddy Oscar. This resort is amazing , words can't describe the quality of this facility. Our request for a two bedroom in building 23 was fulfilled. This condo except for the nicks and dings in the walls from the people who stayed before us, was absolutely amazing. The new children's pool had just opened. The staff here is top notch. We had everything in the room you could possibly want, except for as always the case with us the coffee pot was broken. We can simply find nothing wrong with this facility. Just remember there is always idiots that ruin it for the good ones and there is always someone who has to complain. You are given cards for pool towels, keep an eye on your towels. They can disappear as in our case. If they needed them that bad I would buy them one. Our only wish is that we can return to this facility next year and that it is not quite as cold as it was this year. We were never once confronted or bothered by any sales people trying to get us to upgrade our condo. Have had bad experiences before with hard sells. This makes all the difference in the world. Thanks to all at the Sheraton Vistana Villages.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank keeperof4
Reviewed March 1, 2010

This is a nice enough place to stay but I wouldn't say it's the best I've stayed at though.It was smaller than some two bedroom condo's we've stayed in and the housekeeping could be a little bit better.The very first night we were there the master toilet overflowed and we had to use all the towels to soak up the water.....in the middle of the night! We called in the morning and it was "fixed" when we got back to the condo at the end of the day.I had to call for more towels though because they never replaced them.The next night the "fixed"toilet overflowed again! We could have been crazy customers and demanded another room but we felt it would have been too much trouble to repack everything and move.So..we stayed and from then on it really was fixed and all was well the rest of the week.We traveled with our two Grandaughters and they loved having their own beds and bedroom and bath and we were fortunate enough to have three warmer days so they enjoyed the beautiful pool.Over all,even though there were a few issues,we had a nice stay there and the staff was always very nice and no hard sell on time share buying.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family