“Beautiful Property- Loved It!”

Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive
Ranked #82 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed for 1 week with an Interval International exchange in early June. We had a beautiful "One-Bedroom Premium Villa" with an adjoining "One-Bedroom Villa" lockout for two married couples. Both units were exactly as pictured on the hotel's website- spacious with a great kitchen space and veranda in the premium unit plus a functional kitchenette in the regular unit.

Both units were exceptionally clean, comfortable, and modern. All three pools were beautiful and well maintained, including a "quiet pool" for adults only. There was plenty of seating at the pools and we never struggled to find a spot. Disney and Universal parks were within 15 minutes driving. This was a great place for two young couples to hang out and would also be great for families with children. Multiple grocery stores within 10 minutes driving. Pools include a water slide, fountains, pirate ship, and bar. Grounds also have free parking, free wifi, a gym, gas barbecues, basketball courts, tennis courts, shuffle board, pingpong, and pool tables. A great hotel for staying in as a family or going out on the town.

One critique/warning: during check-in you will be invited to collect your "free gift". This is a timeshare presentation breakfast. Just refuse outright or skip the gift table altogether. Otherwise, you will spend 30 awkward minutes trying to graciously decline a very persistent invitation. Otherwise, this is an awesome place to stay and highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BostonVacation
Write a ReviewReviews (5,274)

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Spent a fun-filled weekend at this resort and enjoyed everything. We had a 1 bedroom villa which satisfied our family quite comfortably. The queen-size sofa bed was comfortable and the kids enjoyed it. We loved that the children had their own tv in the living room. We were very pleased to see the unit had a decent kitchen and also a washer/dryer stackable. Will definately return for a longer stay later in the year.
After a fun-filled day at Universal and Islands of Adventure, it was nice to relax poolside and watch the kids have a blast. We especially enjoyed the Saturday night smore's and a movie. Staff was very pleasant and didn't seem pushy at all about the sales presentation. We declined to attend and they gave us a thank you gift and left us to enjoy our weekend.
Will definitely return.

Room Tip: The 1-bedroom unit is great for family of 4.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MSNM
Reviewed June 12, 2011

I am not the type to write reviews but this place is wonderful!!!! This is the second time we have stayed here and it gets better every time. If you are looking to stay in a place that is clean, beautiful and spacious then this the place. I love to travel and stay in time share resorts. I have a child and love to travel like and stay in places like home. Right now my husband and friends are sitting on the couch and watching the Heat finals. Can't get any better then this.

This place is beautiful from the location of the resort, to the entrance of the well maintained grounds to the beautiful room we are in.

The gentleman who checked us in Juan Del la Cruz was super GREAT!!! Thanks. The view of the pool is wonderful!!! The hotel room is very clean and has everything we need.
Right now we are cooking a Yummy Hoisin Chicken over sticky rice. And it feels like we are just hanging with great family and relaxing at home. The Kitchen is beautiful from the craved granite counters to the wood cabinets. My dear friend is making a delicious salad to go with our lovely dinner.
The resort is located in a very convenient area to all the attractions as well as a very clean and safe area of orlando.

if you want to stay in a place that is comfortable and feels like home then I think you should check this place out. I live in South Florida and travel to Orlando quite often and have stayed at several resorts in the area and we love staying here. Thanks Sheraton for helping me create wonderful memories for my family.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank lnponce
Reviewed June 12, 2011

My wife and i are members of Interval International and book vacations through them. We decided this time to try out the Sheraton Vistana Villages. This by far was the best place we have ever stayed at. The people that give this place bad reviews are crazy and are not part of a timeshare ownership community. My wife and i have never been disappointed with any of the places that we stay at through our ownership community. I highly recommend the Sheraton Vistana Villages. We stayed in building 23, which was right in the middle of the Main pool and the St. Augustine pool. Most of the Theme parks were 15 minutes or less for here. The quiet pool was very relaxing and the night time walks were romantic. I could go on and on about this place . Thank you Sheraton Vistana Villages for a wonderful vacation.

Room Tip: Just ask the front desk. They are very helpfull.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wrbluewrx2004
Reviewed June 6, 2011

This resort was absolutely the best hotel/resort we've ever stayed at. I've never been more impressed. We loved our 2 bedroom villa overlooking a beautifully landscaped pond and main pool area. The screened in lanai was great in the evenings with a table for four and a ceiling fan. The beds were awesome - I miss that bed! The daily maid service was great, they always replaced anything we needed and coming back to a freshly made bed was wonderful. Everyone was very friendly and willing to assist us in any way. The location was great for Disney. We took our three kids and they loved the space and the fact our room had a full kitchen. We'll definately call them again in the future if we visit the area. Actually, I'm going to call Sheraton first anywhere we visit from now on.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank cerwin814
Reviewed June 5, 2011

We've stayed here for over 7 years in various areas. This time we stayed in the new St. Augustine villas and had another great trip. The kids loved the new pirate pool and water slide! My husband and I love all the kids activities --- and the resort just makes it so easy to relax and have fun! We are not owners -- but make a trip here whenever we can. Our trip over Thanksgiving was excellent here too. Keep up the good work and we will see y'all next time!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Caylor99
Reviewed June 2, 2011

This is the first time I have ever had such a bad experience at a Hotel, I'm sorry Time-share, and yes they don't mention that anywhere until you check in, the difference being they do not provide services you would expect a hotel to provide. Basically it's like staying in someone's timeshare and your responsible to clean it, make the beds, wash the dishes, take out the trash etc
I stayed here when they first opened and loved it. The room is spacious with a kitchen, 2 bedroom and 2 bathrooms. However this past experience has caused me to choose never to stay here again.
Before we booked our stay I read the reviews here on Tripadviser. I read several reviews that pointed out the same experience in their stay and I have to say it's was the same thing my family and I went through. It starts with check in. I noticed when I booked on-line there was a price difference on the room rate if you opted to "Go Green" which means they don't change your towels or sheets. This also means no maid service what so ever. Well since we were on vacation I wanted my towels and sheets changed and I wanted maid service. So I paid the extra $30 a night charge for this service. Well what a suprise I got when I checked in and the clerk told me all they do for the extra money is empty your trash and give you fresh towels. DId I still want that service? They do not clean or change your sheets. So I said that's not what I thought when I paid the extra money. The clerk said if I opted to just have my towels changed once they would credit me 1000 Starwood point. (And they do not give you Starwood points for the price of your stay).

I had asked, when I made the reservation, for the St. Augustine Bldg and was told they had nothing available. So they put us in the Key West Bldg on the ground floor. Our room was literally 10 feet from the pool and the hot tub. I felt uncomfortable openning the drapes because the people at the pool could look right in our bedroom and living area. You can imagine the noise, as everyone enjoyed the pool, even with the doors closed it sounded like the people were in your room. I called the front desk and asked to moved to a different room. They said they only had 1 other room avaliable in our 2 bedroom category. I said fine thinking it had to be better than this one. Boy was I wrong!
THe room they moved us to was right near the road where you come in. Ok I can deal with that. Other than that the room was fine UNTIL the strange noise began. It sounded like someone pushing a very heavy shopping cart with squeaky wheels. I call the front desk and they told me it was probably the frogs. The FROGS? Really? I have never hear FROGS this loud. They sent a security person up and he comfirmed yes it was FROGS. No other rooms available. DId not get to sleep until about 2;00 am every night. On our vacation. The manager did not CARE ONE BIT! He said he would not compensate us just because of the WILDLIFE! As far as the maid service he credited us $40 even though we paid $120. In the end we realized it was futile arguing with him. He really did not care. SO if you would like to sleep on your stay in Orlando I suggest you look elsewhere for another hotel, oops I mean Time-share!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank Dexterfan55
MikeElliot, Manager at Sheraton Vistana Villages - International Drive, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2011

Dear Dexterfan55,
On behalf of the Management team at the Sheraton Vistana Villages we would like to thank you for completing your review on Trip Advisor. Our resort prides itself on providing relaxing satisfying vacation experiences with an emphasis on outstanding guest service, yet in some cases mistakes can occur. Rest assured we will take measures to do an internal follow up with out staff stressing the important of consistently providing the exemplary guest service or guests have come to expect from Sheraton Vistana Villages. Our follow-up efforts and your invaluable feedback will help prevent service issues, such as you have experienced, from occurring in the future.

We would welcome an opportunity to further discuss your vacation experience with you and can be contacted at svvgm@starwoodvo.com

Resort Management