“Below par... budum-tshhhhh”

Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course
Ranked #45 of 119 Outdoor Activities in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: This nine-hole public course, designed by Ron Garl, is family-oriented since it is relatively short and walking is required.
Portland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Below par... budum-tshhhhh”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Since there is reduced income due to the lack of carts compared to the adjoining course, the upkeep is poor. I watched three people working on one green. I say "working", but two were supervising, which might be the root of the issue. The fairways and rough are fine; it's the greens that are suffering.

I arrived to find my round hadn't been pre-paid as it should have been, but that's probably not the course's fault.

I hired clubs, but had to ask to buy some balls. And then, when I got to the starter's stand, I realised I didn't have any tees. If I don't have clubs, there's a small chance I might not possess any of the other necessities either, guys.

Unless you're playing as part of a package, go somewhere else.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank dudesleeper

aberdeen
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Played free using disney ultimate pass ,worth playing”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Played this course for free using disney ultimate pass ,only paid for club hire and bucket balls for driving range .Clubs were taylormade rbz in good condition ,the oak trails course is 9 holes with no buggy hire only push carts ,it is not upto the standards of the other disney courses but not as bad as some other reviews make out ,good course to take kids for a round and still tough enough for mid to high handicap golfers.
If you can play for free with your disney ticket do it!

Visited October 2012
3 Thank camerbri
Toronto, Canada
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“Sort of depends on what you pay for it”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

First off, this course isn't maintained like all the other Disney courses. If they're a 10, this one's about a 6.8. But it's not a bad course really. A few shorter par 4's, a couple regular par 4's, one great par 5 and the rest are par 3's. Some long...some not. Greens are tiny. But here's the thing. In Orlando between mid-April to Christmas, full on golf at amazing courses are dirt cheap. You can play fantastic courses for $25-35 w/cart. Amazing Marriott courses for $39. So if you're paying full rate for Oak Trail you're getting ripped. But if it's packaged in then you're likely doing ok. The people there are nice and it's a good time, especially with a family. You see lots of kids playing with mom & dad on this one so it can be slow. But isn't that what Disney's all about? Family?

Visited May 2012
11 Thank rosco1e
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Bad”
Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

Worst maintained course I have ever played. I would be ashamed to have my name on the course if I were Disney.

2 Thank 77ed
Dartmouth NS
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Great Fun at Oak Trail”
Reviewed May 12, 2012

We played two morning rounds at Oak Trail in late April taking advantage of our free rounds with our water park and more option tickets. We brought our own clubs (free with Air Transat) and paid the $6 each for a trolley rental. We found the fairways tight, similar to city courses at home, so watch for wayward drives off the tees around you. Though there was much watering, Orlanda has been in a drought so we found the ground hard allowing for a great bounce and distance if luck was on your side, otherwise did I mention tight fairways. As two 50 year old women, we play from the foreward tees. This easily alowed us to reach in two and have a chance at par. We enjoyed the wildlife including the turkey vultures and alligators. If you forget water, there are fountains at every second hole.

Also for after golf grab a burger and beer at the hut just behind the clubhouse for a resonable price. There ia a full service club-house with washrooms and showers. If you are driving, tell the Guard at the toll booth where you are going and you are not charged a fee. You will however need to show proper ID at the Guard hut entering the Golf club. Since we were going to Magic Kingdom after golf, avoid the toll booth when leaving and take the U-turn staight to the MK parking. This saved us a $14 parking fee later in the day.

Visited April 2012