“Great Family Course”

Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course
Ranked #44 of 119 Outdoor Activities in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: This nine-hole public course, designed by Ron Garl, is family-oriented since it is relatively short and walking is required.
Reviewed March 26, 2012

My son and I went there last week and had an enjoyable experience. For 2 green fees, two complete rentals, and a big bucket of range balls for less than 100 bucks its a good deal. I couldn't think of a better way to spend the morning on the first day of spring!

2  Thank peiscooter
There are newer reviews for Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Played this about three years ago and it was fine. This time the fairways were dust and the greens were patchy to say the least. The local couple we played with said they had been promised a makeover by th palmer group who now own it but it hasn't happened yet.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

I have just returned from a holiday in Orlando where we had the 14 day Disney Park Ticket which includes green fees at Oak Trail. My young son and I golfed here twice and only had to pay for my rental clubs ($15) with my sons being complimentary. It was his 1st experience of golfing abroad and he loved it, as I did. What more can you ask than a great clubhouse, friendly staff, a nice pace, sunshine, wild turkeys, eagles and even an alligator or two.... We had a blast. Although some of the holes are pretty straight forward, 5, 6 and 7 are great and quite challenging. Overall a great family course which is just what it says on the tin! No complaints from us, only praise. Well done, we'll visit again and thank you!

4  Thank ADouglasBoy
Reviewed January 4, 2012

We got access to this course free with our Disney passes and was a nice time away from the parks. We rented clubs and shoes and they were very good quality. The greens were a little poor but the golf was free so couldn't complain. Beautiful wildlife and even saw alligators strolling around. Would recommend for a fun but of serious about golf I recommend one of the other courses.

2  Thank thedonhepp
Reviewed March 30, 2011

This Course is one of Disney’s genuine hidden treasures. On arrival you are greeted by the always friendly Disney Staff, who if you have clubs with you take them straight away to mount them on a trolley. I was hiring clubs so collected them from the huge trailer where you get to choose them, which again was pleasant and easy.
The clubs themselves were either Titlist or Cobras; I went with the Titlist’s which were great. Woods and irons were all in excellent condition, obviously relatively new and they even had Scotty Cameron Putters. From this very early stage you could see that everything about the course/courses was immaculate.
After a brief but nice conversation with the starter who seemed genuinely interested in where I was from, as well as giving me some brief but interesting information about the course and its inhabitants I was invited to tee off.
The course is quite well laid out, considering its location between the two championship courses (Magnolia and Palm). The first four holes do feel a little bit tightly squeezed in but they are still quite nice holes in their defence. Once you reach the fifth hole you get a real taste of what is to come, the course really widens out and the water starts to make an appearance. Holes Six, Seven and Eight really are beautiful and somewhat challenging. You do need to watch out however as the pond between holes five and seven is home to an alligator that has a name that I can’t remember. I never saw him however after a terrible drive off the fourth tee I did meet one of his relations as my ball ended up in the pond next to the eighth. I was gutted as my brand new ProV1 was only about a foot into the water but no more than a yard away was an alligator at least six feet in length (needless to say my ball stayed in the water).
Overall the course is very nice for a relaxing break away from the hustle and bustle of the parks. It is not particularly difficult but there are plenty of places to get into trouble. The greens were ok, perhaps a little inconsistent. I thought the first three were slow, four to eight were fast and then nine was slow again. However the fairways and the rough couldn’t be faulted, they were tidy and well kept. The wildlife on the course was quite cool to see, such as the wild turkeys and deer, even if the alligators were a little too large for my liking (you are in Florida though).
The rates are a bit excessive for the kind of course it is, you are really paying for the Disney name as with a lot of Disney attractions however if you have a 14-day Ultimate pass you don’t pay a green fee, you only need to pay for your club hire, which again is a wee bit steep but once again it is Disney and they are good clubs.

7  Thank Shamu_dug