Our family's first Disney trip was Sept 11-15, 2010 at Pop Century. I learned ahead of time that the Pop Century is now in the process of remodeling every room, so I requested a newly updated room. If you are going soon, ask for a remodeled room. We loved it! Everything was brand new: bedspreads, carpet, wallpaper & paint, plasma screen TV. Nice, soothing decor with lots of hidden mickeys. Yes, rooms are small, but that was never a problem. Once we arrived I realized how true it is that you only will be in your room at bedtime! I did not request a "preferred room", but our room was terrific anyway. Just steps away from the 50's bowling pin pool and down the sidewalk to the main building/gift shop/dining hall.
For those who enjoy pin trading: the gift shop offers special pin trading time (check the sign at the cash register for time) when you can trade one of your pins for any pin found on their bulletin board. It's a big board with lots of choices (maybe 50 pins?) to choose from. Lots of fun for kids, and it's free. If you plan to trade pins, don't buy them at Disney!!! But them for $1 each on Ebay and take them with you. They cost $6 and up at the parks.
Overall, Pop Century is excellent for families. Our kids, 4 & 9, loved the pools (never crowded in off-season September!) and the enormous sculptures of Lady, Tramp & Jungle Book characters. Never waited more than 10 minutes for a bus to or from Pop Century. Check in/out is fast, with lots of employees making things run smoothly. Guests as well as cast members were extremely courteous and kind. Highly recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the unforgettable fads of the 1950s through the 1990s all over again. From yo-yos and Play-Doh(R) to Rubik's Cube(R) and rollerblades, this Resort hotel salutes the timeless fashions, catch phrases, toys and dances that captivated the world through the decades. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Disney's Pop Century Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Pop Century Resort
- Disney Pop Century Hotel
- Pop Century Disney
- Disneys Pop Century Resort
- Disneys Pop Century Hotel
- Century Pop