11,973 results
All reviews food court hippy dippy pool the bus preferred room art of animation the bowling pin pool classic hall disney world main building rooms are small gift shop magical express magic kingdom dining plan cast members murphy bed online check
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My four year old son and I stayed here and loved it. We come to Disney every year and this was by far our favorite stay. Comfortable rooms, great food, great pool, very family oriented! If the bus lines were to long, they would bring in extra busses. Everything was just perfect. When you are barely in your room, it makes zero sense to pay an arm and a leg. We have stayed in the more expensive Disney properties and were never this happy! Highly recommend!!!

Date of stay: May 2019
3  Thank Kristen H
WDW_Parks_Resorts, Disney Social Reviews at Disney's Pop Century Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I'm so glad you decided to pop in and enjoy a journey through the decades! Larger-than-life pop culture icons create the perfect backdrop for magical memories, and there is no shortage of fun and excitement here. I'm delighted you enjoyed our newly reimagined rooms and found them to be comfortable for your family.

For your next visit, I recommend checking out Movies Under the Stars. On select nights, you can view complimentary screenings of Disney films right by the Hippy Dippy Pool! My family really enjoys it, and I think yours would too.

Thank you for this absolutely groovy review. We hope to see you real soon.

Heather

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Scroll to the bottom for a few tips if you’re looking for them on this property.

I want to give it 4 stars, but I just cannot. I want to first say that I used a Disney vacation planner for this trip: I travel extensively but had never been to Florida and had never been to Disneyworld or Universal Studios. We were here celebrating my daughters 10th birthday. I did not select this location.

Seeing how this was mostly a trip for my 10 and 11 year old, if I had to base my review on their opinions, I would give it 4.5 stars. They loved the rooms (except the shower) pools, and activities.

My first impression of this location was that is was fun and the staff were nice enough ... but it lacked the “Disney magic” I had imagined a Disney resort would be rich with. We arrived very early, and we were very tired. We fully expected to just drop off luggage and head to a park, but the staff informed me if I was ok with an ADA complaint room, we could check in immediately. I was grateful for this option in the moment, but in hindsight, I should have asked more questions.

We were placed in the VERY BACK of the resort, I imagine as far away as one could get. The bathroom was terrible... we didnt have a decent shower the entire length of our 5 day stay. And anyone that spends a day in a theme park in Florida in the middle of June can tell you that a good shower is the only cure for a long day. This was unbelievably disappointing. I’m aware that my lack of knowledge of “preferred rooms” is at the fault of my planner... I only learned of them as I was reading reviews prior to making this one. But regardless... these areas of the hotel are forever away from everything and made a long day even longer after returning from the parks. It made getting food miserable, as well. The room lacked adequate storage for a family of 4 packed for 10 days. The sink, toilet, and shower are all together so getting ready was miserable and time consuming.

I admit that I’m accustomed to a more high end experience when I travel, and I have stayed at Disney hotels before (in Anaheim and Tokyo) and this hotel ... with a few exceptions, felt like a themed motel 6. I was truly disillusioned by the lack of amenities, the tremendous amount of unruly teenaged guests, subpar food choices, and unfriendly staff. I discovered, while at animal kingdom on my first day, with no wallet with me, that I was supposed to be instructed to set up a pin for my magic band upon check in. I, of course, was not, and was left stranded with no way to pay for anything until I returned to the resort, which is what the front desk staff told me when I called from the park to see if I could do something over the phone. After spending an hour returning to the resort, then 45 minutes in line, the front end clerk showed me how I could have set my pin from my app. Very, very frustrating.

Another issue I have is that there is no dedicated guest service line. I had to stand in line twice with issues with my bands, and both times, I was in a general line with dozens of people checking in. I inquired about just asking about this magic band issue before getting in line, and I was told I’d have to wait. This to me is utterly unacceptable. These were 2 minute issues that I stood in line for 45 minutes to solve, on two occasions.

There is little to no sound buffering for the rooms, either. With teenage boys flanking me on either side, and running around outside their rooms at all hours of the night, much needed sleep was often interrupted. I’m currently listening to a SCREAMING toddler in the room next to me.

The pools were fun but those POOR overtaxed lifeguards!!! There was a zillion kids, VERY FEW adults, and a LOT of dangerous behavior. They did what they could. But they are young, like, teenagers, and they were WOEFULLY outnumbered. Hire more pool help! And enforce the rules about parents supervising their own kids. And maybe have some quiet hours.

The beds are very, very comfortable, though.

I check out in two days, and I don’t think I will be returning to this property.

Típs:

If you chose to stay here; get a “preferred” room. Closest to lobby.

Make sure your magic bands are set and functional before you leave the front desk.

Don’t trust bus times. We waited an hour for a bus to come get us from the parks, twice.

Have the pineapple ice cream in the lobby restaurant. It tastes a lot like dole whip. Stay away from the salads. The pizza is actually pretty good.

Set aside some time for the resort kid activities. They are actually pretty fun for the kids.

The pool by the lobby is the biggest, is open an hour later than the rest, and has a bar. Go there. :-)

BRING EARPLUGS.

I hope my last day is better than the first 4.

6  Thank DarrAmm

I truly appreciate you taking the time to share such a detailed review of Disney's Pop Century Resort with us! For a first time stay, this Resort is definitely a great place to stay, but I'm so sorry you had a few disappointments with your recent visit.

To begin, please know that we always strive to provide a quick, seamless arrival experience for all of our Guests! With that said, our Resort teams will always try their best to provide a clean and ready room for our Guests, and from time to time, it can happen before the check-in times. However, I'm sorry you were left with a negative impression of the room and its amenities. For your future stays, please don't hesitate to reach back out to our Front Desk teams! If you're unhappy with your current room, they're always happy to assist in any way they can, including a room change if it's available.

On top of that, I sincerely apologize for the road bumps you encountered with your MagicBand's pin and getting it fixed. To be frank, it definitely should have been set up during your check-in and I'm so sorry we let you down in that regard. The next time you're here and either forgot to set up a new one or just don't remember it in general, you're always able to set it up on the app like our Cast Member explained. Again, I definitely apologize for the delays in getting that important information to you.

All in all, I'm happy you finally made the plunge to stay with us at one of our Resorts and your kids ended up loving the stay, but I'm saddened to see you left on such a negative note. It seems to me like this Resort wasn't the best fit for you, but that's completely fine! The next time you come around, I'd definitely take a look at some of our Disney Deluxe Resort Hotels if you're more inclined to a "higher end" experience like you put it. One of my favorites is Disney's Wilderness Lodge, and I think you'd like it! It's a charming, National-Park-inspired Resort, and has numerous amenities that may appeal to you. But regardless of where you decide to stay on your next Disney adventure, I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Nathan

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel was clean and employees were very helpful. It was located close to the parks so travel everyday was super simple. There were two different pool areas. It wasn’t crowded and the staff was playing and doing activities with the kids. The food was cafeteria style but much better than cafeteria food. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to friends!!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cancelon.com
2  Thank Emily T

I'm glad you had a groovy time at Disney's Pop Century Resort! There's so much to love about this totally tubular Resort, like amazing Cast Members, delicious food, recreation fun and more; it sounds like you experienced it all! The location is really wonderful, but it's about to get even better later this year with the opening of Disney Skyliner. This unique mode of transportation will make it even easier to enjoy both Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts! We can't wait to see you again real soon!

Darby

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My family has taken numerous trips to Walt Disney World over the years, but this visit was the first one for just my wife and I in 34 years. It was a last minute planned vacation, so resort selections were limited. We chose Pop Century for something different. On arrival, the resort staff quickly and pleasantly sped our registration along. The room was a short walk away from the lobby. It was clean, well kept and was pleasantly decorated in typical Disney style. Our only objection was with poor cell phone service. Despite help from the Disney staff, we never got it quite right. Over all, our stay was very pleasant, and we would be happy to stay there again.

Room tip: Plan early for best options of resorts, rooms and transportation.
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank TBoltFan

Thank you for sharing this review of Disney’s Pop Century Resort with us! I’m so happy your visit was everything you needed it to be. Our Cast Members were totally rad in that they took care of you quickly and kindly. While I’m sorry for the troublesome cell phone service, your feedback was certainly heard. The groovy décor and far out design of this Resort make it super fun and well-themed. I hope we’ll see you back here again soon. Have a magical day!

Kaitlyn

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Overall, it’s great: great bus system, awesome decorations outside, excellent food. BUT. Our whole experience was ruined by the paper thin walls. I could literally hear my neighbors using the bathroom, I knew exactly what they were watching on tv and heard every conversation. Every time they entered or exited their door, it woke us up. I know this happens in hotels but I don’t remember this issue at Port Orleans a few years ago. We asked for ear plugs but they didn’t have any. Will not go back to Pop Century, but can’t wait for our next Disney trip!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank lisahewlett

While I am so happy to hear the transportation, theming and dining were exciting for you, I am so sorry your experience at Disney’s Pop Century Resort was less than magical. After a long Theme Park day, it’s completely understandable and expected that you’d want a restful night’s sleep. I sincerely apologize the noise from your neighbors made your stay less enjoyable. Please know your feedback about the walls has been heard. We always appreciate our Guests’ reviews because your thoughts help us improve our Guest experience.

Thank you for this review of Pop Century Resort. I can’t wait to see you again at another of our Disney Resort hotels. Have a magical day!

Kaitlyn