11,459 results
All reviews food court hippy dippy pool the bus preferred room the bowling pin pool art of animation classic hall pop culture disney world rooms are small main building gift shop magical express magic kingdom dining plan cast members online check
Reviewed June 5, 2010

The room was small for a family with teenagers but it was clean. The pools and ammenities on the property were great. The staff very helpful.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 5, 2010

This is a return trip to Disney's Pop Century Resort with my wife and two small children. Pop Century is part of Disney's value properties and it is just that, a good value. The rooms are relatively small with two full beds and not a ton of space. The rooms are very clean and well taken care of, if small. The resort itself is quite large with a large common pool and a couple of smaller pools. There is also a large main building that houses the front desk, gift shop and a large counter service food area. There is a bar at the main pool. Transportation to all the parks and major attractions is convenient from the area in front of the hotel. Service at the Pop Century along with all of Disney, is consistently excellent. The only reason that I don't rate this property higher is that the rooms themselves are small and somewhat barebones, but staying at a value resort, one should understand that going in. I would definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2010

I will say I loved the Pop for our first stay at Disney World. We had a room by Baloo and Mongowli overlooking hourglass lake. The room was nice but it was small. I found the location to be quite peaceful.

The hoppy dippy pool was a short walk away as was the main building. The pool was nice and warm during our Jan stay. My son had a ball in the splash ground and the other splash fountains near the main building. There was alot of iconic figures that made great photo ops. They had a little store and a food court that was often very busy.

We did not spend too much time in our room or at our resort. I didn't use the bus system, we used our own car...which was VERY hard to get to since our building had no parking lot. It was a long long walk.

It was great for a first time visit but I probably wouldn't stay there again. It just was too small and out of the way for my family's liking we didn't want to have to use a car as often as we did.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2010

The four of us flew direct from Halifax, NS Canada to Orlando with Air Transat.
When we arrived in the Orlando airport, we were taken directly to our Disney Resort by bus.
We stayed at Disney's Pop Century Resort for a week in April 2010. It's one of the newer resorts and looks like it's expanding.
It's fun, bright & colourful. The rooms are small, but it's clean, service is excellent and the food court is great. The bathroom is tiny but functional.

Jessica at the front desk/concierge is very helpful!

The resort grounds are beautiful. We wished we had more time to spend on the resort and poolside.

I HIGHLY recommend you buy the Quick Service meal plan for $39/day which includes 2 cafeteria style meals (entree, drink & dessert), 2 snacks and unlimited non-alcoholic drinks (while on the resort). It was an excellent deal, there are plenty of places to eat and definitely came in handy at the parks for snacks and lunches.
We found wonderful, healthy options and the portion sizes are huge so we were all content. You could pretty much eat anywhere except for the sit-down restaurants at the parks - but most sit-down restaurants you had to either make a reservation days in advance or wait hours for a table.
The main eatery at the Pop Century is busiest in the morning, so we used two snacks as our breakfast (juice & croissant) and used our refillable mug for our morning coffee. These items would've cost $15US without the meal plan...

Buses to the different Disney Parks arrive every 20 minutes at the resort's main building. You can easily return to your resort from the parks via bus at any point during the day.
We didn't rent a car because we found the bus system extremely slick.

We would stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I was alone with my two young children at Disney for one night while waiting for my Husband to join us. We enjoyed the pools, rested from our drive to Orlando and was able to eat dinner in our room. The parking was very far from our room so it was a challenge to get all of the things little kids need (age 2 and 4) while being with them. My kids loved walking around visiting all of the big plastic pop century icons and I enjoyed the walk along the river. We saw bunnies and birds and fish in/around the river. The resort had everything we needed but it was a long walk. We had to bring the stroller everywhere we went for my Daughter. The kids were fantastic though- there's something about Disney. Oh, I asked the concierge what to do the next day as we were there an unplanned day before my husband-and they provided me a great suggestion. We rode the Disney transportation system which includes the monorail, different boats and busses. We event rented a whaler boat- I drove, road a big bike that I was able to peddle, had a nice picnic lunch at a hotel and had the most amazing disney day. In all- amazingly enough I managed to spend an entire day at the Disney resorts alone with two toddlers-they did not have melt downs and I hardly noticed that I spent under 50.00 all day long. I'd stay here again no question- but would like to have another adult with me next time.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family