“Great!”

Ranked #137 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
MI
“Great!”
Reviewed November 29, 2006

Even though we stayed last year I wanted to write to counter some negative reviews I have heard about Pop Century on websites and in guidebook reviews. It was fantastic! We arrived for our one-week stay before 11am and our room was ready. As requested when booking we received a quiet room on the 4th floor of the 70's building away from all the noise, but still only a short walk to the pool, shuttle, and main building. Yes, it was small, but were were here for the parks not to lounge around in the room. Mousekeeping always kept the room clean. Because our son had a birthday during the stay they decorated our room with balloons and a birthday card signed by the characters...he loved it! The food at Pop Century isn't the best or the worst, but it was great for a quick breakfast in the morning and we utilized better restaurants in the park for other meals. It was never a long wait for the shuttle, though it was generally crowded given the time of year (July) of our visit. Everyone we came in contact with at Pop Century was friendly and helpful. I would recommend Pop Century to anyone...it helps to make a week-long visit to Disney a reality for many families. If we ever visit again we'll stay at Pop Century.

• Liked — Great Disney value
  • Disliked — Wish room size was larger
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask for quiet room away from the noise when you book
  • Stayed July 2005
12 Thank Hopetotravelmore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,023)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Aptos, Ca
Reviewed November 26, 2006

We stayed here for three nights to balance out the budget for our trip. (We also stayed at two expensive hotels on site). Staying on property at Disney for what they charge you here (and at All Stars) is a very good deal. You get the ambience of being in Disney World at a very reasonable price. The theming is great, and my son loved the Hippy Dippy pool. Ok- now the downside- there are LOTS of people here. The food court is usually quite crowded and quality of food is very uneven. We were there at a pretty slow time and bus travel to parks was a slow , jampacked process, I can't imagine what the buses are like in the summer or over holidays. The rooms are small , standard motel rooms (but again- you get what you pay for).

• Liked — The price
11 Thank denygold
Oakton, VA
Reviewed November 20, 2006

We stayed at Pop Century for 8 nights in June. It was wonderful! The whole decor was great, colorful and bright. The room was clean. We stayed in one of the 60s buildings, so the location was ideal. Only a few steps away from the bus stop and the main building (gift shop, dining, etc).

The only complaint we have is that there isn't a shady area for the guests while waiting for the shuttles. So it can get very hot and your day is off to a bad start.

We went to several other Disney resorts while on the trip (Animal Kingdom Lodge, Contemporary, Grand Floridian, etc). We still like Pop Century the best! Definitely would stay there again.

• Liked — price, decor
  • Disliked — location from the theme parks
  • Tips/Secrets — get a room in the 60s building!
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
4 Thank soychick
Dominican Republic
Reviewed November 20, 2006

Stay there with my 5 year old daughter and my mother on november 2005. The hotel has bus rides to all Disney attractions every 5 minutes. The parks open one hour before or close one hour later if staying as a Disney guest hotel (check the calendars for the days and the parks with that)
The staff is very friendly and helpfull. Breakfast was convenient and had many options.
They give you a card which is the key to your room and your entrance to the parks, really convenient.
I would recommend it over and over again!!!

8 Thank Gvidal
ny
Reviewed November 19, 2006

When arriving at this hotel- We were treated like royalty.
We were greeeted immediatly after stepping off the Disney Magical express (which I highly reccomend). Door to door Disney service is an added benefit. No worries about carring luggage, and a baby. Perfect idea for any traveler. Keep in mind one thing, the luggage can arrive up to 5 hrs. later (as our did).
That was tough- But prepare before the trip . The Service was timely and comfortable and very tidy- with small tv's explaining the service etc. As for our first impression of the Pop Century hotel.. WOW! It was so very Cool! The lobby was spotless and the floors shines your face in them- now thats clean. Concierge was available and waiting- with many cast members to assist all of the guest awaiting the lines to get there room. We were given ours right away- key and all. By the way, The luggage arrives in your room- no worries about trying to carry it all up the elevators. The room was more than we exspected. We had stayed at Coronado Springs- another Disney run resort(moderate catagory). This was smaller by width- but to be honest it was very much alike in decor. Almost exact. The bathroom in Pop is even larger. I liked The Mickey bed spreads- and wall art. Super clean- looked brand new! Im so serious- I have stayed at many hotels 5* and budget- this was CLEAN!!!!
Towels always arrived daily- mousekeeping was always done- nice job! The grounds were fun and flashy- some may say Tacky- I enjoy Tacky .. it sets the boring moderates apart from the fun loving value resorts The statues over sized and colorful- wewe plenty at this resort- and the kids all lite up with big smiles as they saw them .. Adults need the fun element too- so it all is good in the end here at POP. The pools are cute, I choose that word- because- the atmosphere is sweet and playful- not romantic or stylish in decor. At Coronado - the romance plays a role- not here at these pools- its all about the laugh , the smile the playful child in all of us. The pools are very well kept- and warm about 82 degrees. There are three fairly large pools on the grounds. Each pool sets a theme on to its self. One is 50's juke box, 70's flower power, ( this one has a great pool bar - with adult slushy drinks- fun!!!.. YES, Alcohal too!) 90's computer pool thats kinda boring for me... Lets talk food- Food court was more than your average food court- it had an array of foods of all nations-from Hummus- to soy burgers, to Chinese boxed diners, and tv style dinners. sooooooooooo Yummy! This was an experience in itself. I wasnt disappointed in any meals there.
They have grab and go items- drinks of all sorts- snacks , and then some.
The gift shope was big- and filled with toys, clothes, goodies to munch on , pins etc.. Very nice store to shop in.
The grounds along the back side near the lake are lovely to stroll at night or when ever- that is more romantic- with benches to rest on and chill out by the lake.. Oh.. before I forget- service to the parks is awesome effiecnt and comfortable. Only minutes to the parks, and I never waited - not ever - for a bus!
This is the place to be and stay. Its Pop Art in the midst of traditional disney flair- Have a blast to the past and lay down your head at this resort- you will awake and be a child again- and play like you never played before- with or without the kids- its more than a value resort- its super in design and plenty of extras..
Go POP!

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — The wait for luggage to arrive in hotel
  • Tips/Secrets — SO much Fun
11 Thank princesslollipop
East Coast
Reviewed November 19, 2006

Stayed 3 nights on property and were very satisfied overall. The resort is very colorful with HUGE toys throughout the grounds. 3 pools, all themed. Great food court and reasonable. Room was comfortable, bed and pillows VERY comfortable, table and 2 straight back chairs, no soft chair or sofa though. We asked for a quiet area and got just that. Went off season which helped with price and peacefullness. No refrig or micro or coffeepot. They do however offer a refillable mug (for the length of your stay) in the foodcourt for $11.99. Sounded high to us, BUT we definately got our money's worth over the 3 day period. Can be used for hot or cold drinks. We wanted to use the mass transport which is offered to all the parks and Downtown Disney, but staying off season made car travel so easy we just did that. Parking is free to all resort guests so it worked out perfectly. Make sure you allow time for a stroll along the lake path.

• Liked — Excellent service and colorful surroundings
  • Disliked — No coffee pot in room
  • Stayed October 2006
4 Thank Giggy
blackpool
Reviewed November 18, 2006

Well.. firstly I'm 19 so this is my view!

Me, my mum, dad and brother and our friend Matthew.. decided to stay on disney. We have stayed at all star sports 1998-2001, and then decided to stay on the i drive.
To book disney hotel again i was really excited because to me I remembered how amazingly magical it was!

My first impression as I walked into reception was *wow*, it was huge! (We stayed from the 2nd November to 17th November).
We checked in, and arrived at our room, not too far away in the 50's section, granted the rooms are not much, but its a tyoical room at florida. It was very clean, but I do agree with some others that coffee facilities etc wouldn;t go a miss!

The food court was ok, but I think they;re could have been more choice, one of my only criticisms! The cup you buy which is refillable is definitely well worth it and pays for itself, so def buy one of them!

Another critiscism I will have is: for the first few days of our holiday the disney transport seemed to favour more expensive resorts! Its a free service and yes its fabulous, but it did get rather annoying when the more expensive resorts had hardly anyone waiting , where as pop had a huge queue and they were getting double the buses while we had to wait! However, i cant complain really as its free and they do finally arrive, but.. yes annoying! lol

Anyway, i loved the hotel, i think they could have changed the music abit more everyday, was always the same lol dancing queen, lonely hearts, man i feel like a woman, power of love... I can still remember them now! lol They did change the soundtrack 2 days or so before we left to xmas songs... which got annoying after one day! merry but annoying, lol!

We had no problems with this hotel, i thought it was amaxzing, the critisicms i do have are so minimal and to be honest if I could go back tomorrow I would be on a plane asap! I miss it :(
But....

we have already booked for next year, going in sept, using the disney dining plan! woohoo! Cant wait!

Thanks for reading!!! :) Will post some piccies when I can!

• Liked — The location and the attention to detail!
  • Disliked — The annoying music! lol Snd the food choices
  • Tips/Secrets — Buy souvenier mug... and look out for the epcot fireworks.. from the pin stair case on the 50's section!
8 Thank sam_forsyth87
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

Been to Disney's Pop Century Resort? Share your experiences!