“A Favorite”

Disney's Pop Century Resort
Ranked #138 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
“A Favorite”
Reviewed March 7, 2005

In the last 6 months I've stayed at the Holiday Inn (6515 International), Shades of Green (on Disney) and most recently Pop Century. Pop Century was by far the most fun and what I believe Disney is all about. New, clean facilities with helpful attendants, families, heated pools, laundry facilities, commissary (open 6a.m. til midnight), video arcade on site, and colorful decorations everywhere. Buses were easily accessed and all transactions were smooth.

The only thing that could be a drawback is that it's geared for kids, so if you don't want to hear the noise, request a room in the rear. We reserved a room away from the 3 heated pools, near the lake. We had ducks & heron outside of the room, but they were harmless. I also enjoyed the way house keeping puts the kids toys in the window sills during the day and I can't wait to return to Pop Century.

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business
15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,024)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Portland, ME
Reviewed March 3, 2005

I stayed there the week of 2/21/05. I loved it and didn't want to leave! The thing I am the absolute fussiest about in hotels is cleanliness. I flip out if I see any residue of any kind from previous guests. This had to be the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in anywhere. What a relief! Other things I just loved about it: the pools were warm and comfortable, the food court was open from 6 a.m.-midnight with ample choices, every single member of staff was warm, friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful, and the decor from the decades was just pure fun. Only once did I wait more than five minutes for a bus, and then it was only ten, and that was at a busy time: to get to Epcot for the fireworks. Speaking of fireworks, here's something fun I tried one night: Go to the 50's building shortly before 9 p.m. and go up the outside stairs that are on the front side of the hotel, oriented toward Epcot. At 9 p.m. you'll see a double fireworks show because you can see from a distance both the Epcot fireworks and the Magic Kingdom fireworks at the same time! What fun!! It's not the same as being in the park, but it was something I just wanted to try my first night since I was too tired from traveling to make the trip back to the parks. What a hoot!

This was my first visit to WDW. I will definitely be back, and I will definitely stay at the Pop Century. There's just nothing at the more expensive resorts worth paying the extra $$$ for. This hotel had it all, and did it extremely well!

31 Thank CabinFever
Reviewed March 3, 2005

Find it hard to believe anyone can really say anything negative about this hotel.

To sum it up...

Nothing extravagant, but perfect for the family.
* Very reasonable room rates
* Decent food prices/selection on grounds
* Very clean
* Convenient location
* Very friendly service
* Great pools for the kids
* Very average rooms (actually a little small)

About the only thing I can even think that was lacking was a hair dryer for my wife. But upon calling the front desk, one was brought promptly free of charge.

Naturally if you are looking for extravagance this isn't the place, but considering you can stay on Disney property, it makes sense to stay here vs a Holiday Inn for example. (Staying on property gives you the benefit of the extra magic hour(s) (not that we even used it) and allows you to park for free in the parks each day.)

20 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 24, 2005

February Vacation. Just returned today from a spectacular 5 night stay at Disney's Pop century Resort. The trip included my 2.5 year old son and my husband. THIS IS THE PLACE TO STAY FOR CHILDREN. My son was so fasinated with all the larger than life props. My husband would consider me Obsessive Compulsive when it comes to cleaning, well the Pop Century meet my high standards. The rooms were spotless. Bathroom was to perfection. We stayed in the 60's building behind the large Play Doh.
The service at the front desk was acceptional. I had asked for a refrig. when booking in, by the time we made it to our room the the refrig. was already there. FYI the Pop provides life jackets in all different sizes for children. The size of the room was perfect for the 3 of us.
4 years ago my husband and I stayed at the Grand Floridian and I know the 2 hotels are on different sides of the spectrum but the service, cleaniness and childlike entertainment meet our expectations to the fullest. The Grand Floridian is flawless but you will not miss the prissy attitude of your fellow neighbors when you are at the Pop Century.
I highly suggest this for a small and even larger family. You however will need to get more than 1 room for more than 4 people.
Pop Century = A
Customer Service=A
Cleaniness=A
Friendliness=A
Cafeteria=B alot of fatting foods, but just my opinion
Pools=A
Landscaping=A

Don't wait, book the Pop Century Now!

24 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Murrieta, CA
Reviewed February 22, 2005

We stayed her Feb. 16-21. The only complaint I have is that they were not able to accomodate our room request. We had requested a high floor near a parking lot. We were there 2 out of our 5 days for an event which required us to come back and forth from the hotel several times. I had made the request over the phone and by fax. When we got there the had us on the 4th floor but far away from a parking lot, the did move us closer after a 15 min wait at check in, but it was still a hike to the parking lot. I know that there were well over 200+ room that could have worked better for us, but we didn't get one of them. So, if you make a room request, don't be surprised if they do not accomodate you. As stated in previous reviews, rooms are very nice. Decor is so much fun. Food court food was good, try the Beehive salad and the shrimp lo-mein both were great. Pools were clean and warm but I would have liked a spa or hot tub (they have none). We had no problems with noise, and took the advice from others to stay on the 4th floor. I was surprised to see many people in non-smoking buildings, smoking right outside their rooms. Although our room did not have a smoke smell, I could see how there could be problems with smokers staying in non-smoking rooms. I did use the laundry facility it was expensive $4.00 per load plus $2.00 more if you do not bring your own soap ect. I would stay here again and would encourage others to do the same. Spend the money you save by staying here on some of the fun things you can do at Disney.

19 Thank dianedisney
Newark, Nottinghamshire, England
Reviewed February 20, 2005

I took my family of five to Walt Disney World in January 2005. We stayed in the Pop Century Resort which is a budget resort within Walt Disney World. I read almost all the comments posted on TripAdvisor about this resort before traveling so I had a pretty good idea what to expect. We stayed in the 50's building adjacent to the huge statues of Lady and the Tramp. The kids really liked these giant figures in the resort. Sure, the bedrooms are very small and the bathroom is tiny (if you are sitting on the toilet and forget to lock the door, the person opening the bathroom door can really knock your knee caps off!!!). The room was generally clean and comfortable. There were a few sticky spots on the carpet (dried jam or something) so the rooms are not cleaned as well as the moderate resorts such as the Caribbean Beach (where we stayed last August). The kids loved the pools. They were very clean and the water was nice and warm. The restaurant (Everything Pop) was good also but do not expect the best French or Italian cuisine...
The buses to the theme parks were regular and clean. The bus stops were just outside the main building.
The shop inside the resort was very good indeed. You could buy almost everything there. I have thought about where I would stay the next time I visit Walt Disney World and this resort is one I would definitely consider.

• Stayed January 2005
30 Thank Dr Ali M.
Nassau, Bahamas
Reviewed February 20, 2005

We met our son and daughter in law there for a week and had a great time. A limo picked us up at the airport and took us straight to our room. The rooms were very comfortable. The a/c was quiet and worked great. The beds were a little firmer than I like and the pillows a little too fluffy. The cafeteria is geared up to serve a lot of people so the quality of the food was not the best. However, 192 is just a few minutes away and there are many places to eat there including the Crackerbarrel where we ate breakfast everyday, you can't beat it. You can purchase your park tickets at the front desk and your room key becomes your park pass. The swimming pools are heated and the whole place is as clean as a pin. It's a great place for a family vacation we highly recommend it.

14 Thank Travelinman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

Been to Disney's Pop Century Resort? Share your experiences!