“A magical Motel 6”

Disney's Pop Century Resort
Ranked #126 of 340 Hotels in Orlando

Price - well, it's Disney property
Food- ok but I do suggest going to AoA for healthier options. It's a food court not luxury dining.
Magical Express - no problems, other than having to leave 3 hours before your flight because it may have to stop at another hotel first.
Park buses- it did seem like we were the furthest bus stop but it was nice to have our own bus. Sometimes had to stand on the return back from parks.
Check in/out. No problems. I suggest checking in on line. I used a prepaid visa card so I did not worry about a "billing" error on my room
Magic bands were awesome! Room key, park pass....No problem!
I was on the 4th floor of 50's building. Very quiet with lake view and not too far from pool or main building.
Coin op laundry was convenient. $2 to wash $2 to dry.
Decor is more "adult" and less obnoxious theme than AoA. I appreciated that.
Temp control in room was good.
Had a mini fridge.
My only real complaint is that the window views the sidewalk. If you don't want people to see in your room you have to keep the curtain closed for privacy. Would have been nice to have the natural light.
Overall it is a dressed up Motel 6.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
6  Thank MissTakeOut
Write a ReviewReviews (10,891)

Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

You get what you pay for at disney. But Pop Century isn't that bad. It's a great location, 3 pools, amazing staff who do anything you ask them. Allow early check-ins (we checked in at 9am) which is amazing. Also you get free fast wifi, and it's very clean. This resort is by no means a 5 star hotel but for what it is I deff rate it at 4/5 in a value resort level.

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Paul D
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I know this is a value hotel at Disney, but I was spending money on the parks and not on the hotel. As such, for a value hotel, I think Pop Century is great. The hotel rooms were clean and housekeeping was fine. We got towel animals. Stay in the 50s complex. The pool was fine and well life guarded. The cafeteria was fine for breakfast - eggs and waffles which are substantial to last you a morning in the parks. The cultural icons are sort of cheesy, but they do lend a magical air to the place that you don't get at other non-Disney hotels!

Room Tip: Stay in the 50s section, facing the lake.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank GwenM100
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I am a frequent (and lucky) visitor to Disney World and have stayed in numerous resorts including Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Contemporary, Boardwalk as well as several others. But because of my budget and the high prices of those places these days we chose the Pop Century. It is considered "on property" so you get all the perks of free parking to extended park hours and the new wrist bands.
My expectations were not high after reading about how small the rooms were and so on, but right off the bat I was impressed with the lobby and the "Disney ambiance" even though it is not a high end hotel. That made me very happy, and pleased with my decision to stay there. The rooms were about average size, and not as small as I expected. (I read one review where someone basically said you fall from the sink into the bed, but that was not the case.) There was plenty of room to walk around and I really appreciated the curtain between the bathroom area and sleeping area. My only complaints were how noisy the beds were...if someone rolled over in the night you heard it! And the pillows were like big sponges, but we asked for more to prop them up and they brought extra-no problem. The good news is there is a fridge in the room...however it is part of the dresser housing and made a loud humming noise unless we pulled it out a few inches, hoping it wouldn't fall out completely. I am picky! And the rooms were clean...and well maintained during our 4 night stay.
The 60's hippy dippy pool was fun and the grounds well maintained. I had also read about staying on the 4th floor of the 60's or 70's building facing the lake so it would be quieter, but it was a looong walk from the parking lot. But hey, after a 13 hour day in the park...what's another quarter mile or so? I can see NOT staying on the first floor, facing the pool because there is loud music and people walking by all the time. Speaking of the pool....there are no towels at the pool, you have to bring them from your room. Really Disney??? How much is that saving you??
There is a food court area and the cups are have sensors on them that alert you to how many free refills you get and at what time that expires. Interesting.
The gift shop at Pop Century was well stocked and had a lot of cute things.
Also, there were four people in our party...all adults and we made it work sharing the room with two double beds. If you toss and turn and need your space at night, you may want to book two rooms. But this worked for us.
Overall, I would definitely stay at Pop Century again. You can't go to Disney World and be surprised by long lines and noise. As long as it's clean, affordable and has that magical Disney feel it's a win with me!

Room Tip: It's quieter if you get a room facing the lake and on an upper floor.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Iluvetravel
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at this resort twice and loved it each time. It's colorful and whimsical. My kids loved the pools and arcade. The rooms are small but at the time it was only 3 of us so that didn't matter. I would love to stay here again but my family has grown so we won't fit. Lol. Next stop the newest resort because they have family suites.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pamela S
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I have looked at the other reviews here, and obviously they didn't do their homework. For families and those on a budget, this is the perfect Disney 'bubble' resort.
1. Though the lines are long, the food was great for the price. Plenty of places to sit. You can take food back to your room if you want.
2. You can purchase items in the park and send to you room like any other resort.
3. Unlike the All Star Resorts, Pop Century has buses for ONLY this hotel. No stops, no delays.
4. Magicband options are fabulous. Keyless entry all the way.
5. Cleaned every day, nothing got stolen :)
PLAN AHEAD - get your DisneyExperience sorted and thus no check in hassles. Do online check in!
6. As a foreigner, I could have items from Amazon etc delivered to the hotel up to two weeks before my stay because I planned ahead.
Everyone was polite, friendly and willing to accommodate. If you have issues, they will bend over backwards to fix them.

Room Tip: chose the preferred rooms if you can. 80s all the way :)
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank JamCaymanian
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I have been to Disneyworld over 20 times and have stayed in several of their hotels, but never one of their "budget" ones until this recent trip. The theme of the hotel is pretty neat, with huge statues of Disney characters like Mowgli and Baloo, and displays of memorabilia from the different eras represented by the hotel (1950's-1990's). The food court and gift shop are comparable to those found at the moderate hotels (Caribbean Beach, etc). The main pool is nice but not as themed as those at the moderate hotels. Grounds are well kept and there is a nice walking/jogging path. Depending on your room location your walk to parking can be a bit longer than at their other hotels. If you are like us and spend all your time in the parks anyway, this is a perfect spot to stay at a lower cost but still be in a Disney hotel with all the amenities that come with it (extra magic hours, free airport shuttle, etc).

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Charlie S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
2 mi away
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

Been to Disney's Pop Century Resort? Share your experiences!