“Best Value at Disney”

Disney's Pop Century Resort
Ranked #124 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have stayed at Pop Century at least 20 times over the last several years, along with a few other disney resorts, but Pop feels like home. I love the atmosphere and it is very family friendly. The rooms are clean and adequate. Nothing fancy, but we aren't in our rooms that much anyway. The bus system is great, and everyone is very friendly. I would much rather go there twice as many times as spend a lot more for a more expensive room. I do splurge and buy the upgrade room because it is a big resort and it can be a long walk to the food court and buses, but if you drive there is no need. I love the magical express too, because they bring you from the airport and your luggage magically appears in your room from the airport, and you can check it in on the way back too. That is worth a lot to me.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Kathy B
Write a ReviewReviews (10,894)

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I chose this hotel strictly on price, as I was looking for an affordable trip for my fiance', and my 8 year old son. I was pleasantly surprised at check in and that did not change the entire trip. The man that checked us in was extremely helpful and made us feel special. We arrived earlier than check in and we were able to get into our room immediately. We had a pool view in the 50's area so it was very nice for my son to go swimming without walking too far. However it was a slight hike to get back and forth from the main hall area when we wanted to. Our second day the room service arrived too early for us (9AM) and we asked they come back later. This was not an issue the rest of our stay. We had the unit for 4 nights and felt the space was adequate, as we did not spend a lot of time in the room. I would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: ask for ground level if available.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Hackman1982
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We stayed at Pop Century in June 2013. the room was clean but little too small. the foodcourt was little too overpriced. The pool looked clean and there was a lot of space around to sit and relax around the pool. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is not traveling with 4 children , check in and check out was super easy the staffs were friendly. specially this gentlemen in the food-court name Kasimir who went out of his way to help us what a great guy.....

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sandora
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Loved the themed rooms, great big figurines were bright and happy, clean pool, rooms larger then expected, but the restaurant attached is outrageously expensive, you are prepared to spend on vacation, but the food was marked up at least 3x times the value [one small banana $1.50) this can great expensive if you are in the hotel and depending on the bus shuddle for transportation, I am done eating here, but if I came again bring your own food.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank reddoxiechick
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We are avid Disney fans and ttravel to WDW with our two kids every summer, as we have done for the past twelve years. We have stayed at different WDW Resorts and just recently (2 years ago) started statying at POP CENTURY. Although we were a little leery about staying there at first, we were so surprised and did not regret it one bit. The food court has so many choices- from pizza, parmesan chicken, sandwiches, burgers, pasta, and even some Asian platters. The pools are huge and amazing. The rooms are small no doubt, but very clean. Our kids love walking around seeing all of the giant Disney decoration statues around the resort. It is also one of the most kid friendly of all resorts.The way my family sees it now, we are only in the room to sleep. We spend 95% of our time at the parks. Sometimes from opening to closing which at some parks can be as late as 2:00 a.m. depending on the park and night of week. So we will definitely be staying here more often. We figure we will spend the money we save on this resort on other things for our kids!
Definitely worth the savings!

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are the ones away from the poo areas.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank ppprecious
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Our 10 day Disney trip had been in our plans for a few years. We had a total of 13 people ranging from age 62 to age 2. Our Disney vacation included the Deluxe dining, character meals and shows. If you want more information on the shows and meals, please feel free to contact me!

We had 3 separate rooms and Pop Century was very nice in putting all 3 rooms not only in the same building but also in the same row/section. We asked for something close to the pool and main building and they were so accomodating. Everything we needed while we were there from extra towels, soap, assistance at the pool or in the dinning area - they were all very helpful.

The rooms were standard size room and fit my family of 4 just fine for 10 days. We had no problems getting around the room, using the bathroom or storing all of our Disney goods and luggages.

The food was very good and they had healthy options from baked and grilled foods to the normal pizza and chicken fingers. They had plenty of veggies, a variety of drinks and so much more.

The pool stayed open past midnight and the kids though that this treat was very cool and we could get pizza late at night and eat by the pool. They did have movie nights that we didnt participate in since we were at the parks, they also had pool side games for the kids.

The only thing that bothered me very much about the hotel is my daughter slipped and fell outside of the room. We were walking back from the dinning hall with cups in our hands and the ground was wet since they had just sprayed it. There were no yellow caution signs but it is a practice that the hotel does every morning of spraying down the ground to clean it. She slipped and scraped up her elbow pretty badly. While my husband carried her in the room to clean it up and put a towel on it, I ran to the front desk and asked for a first aid kit. 2 staff members looked and they didn't have a first aid kit and I asked for a manager. The manager came out and he did not have a first aid kit. Luckily I had some small bandaids that we put on her scrape but her scrape was so large we used 5-7 regular size badnages just to cover it up. Since my family arrived a day earlier, I contacted my sister and she was able to get large bandages from home (Maryland) and traveled with them to Florida.

Overall, it was a grea hotel and it had everything we could need for the 10 days we were there. The buses were always available and we never had to wait more than 15 minutes for a bus at the hotel.

My ony serious complaint is the front desk not having a first aid kit- which is extrememly important given the fact that they are an accomodation for families and children.

Room Tip: ask for a room near the pool and main building
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MDfamily4
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed at passholder discount rate over Memorial day weekend. Rooms are similar to any value resort, came with a mini fridge. Love the pop century, since you don't have to share it with any other value resorts when taking the buses around the resort. Comfortable big king beds, had no complaints. Cast members were all amazing. Will be back. Art of animation is right next door, and it looked awesome too.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Iloveadamfrankel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
2 mi away
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

Been to Disney's Pop Century Resort? Share your experiences!