“6th Stay. This Time a Magical Visit with Eyeore.”

Disney's Pop Century Resort
Ranked #132 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My sis, who's not exactly the Disney type, came to Pop Century with me on Feb. 21-24, 2013, to escape this miserably chilly spring. Plan was to stay at PC two nights then Coronado Springs Resort the 3rd, but, by the time we were in our bathing suits by the colorful and festive Hippy Dippy pool on a mid-80 degree sunny day, she was drinking in the Disney Koolaid by the bucket-fulls and opted to stay at PC! I thought she'd be bothered by the relatively newly added poolside entertainment provided by Cast Members, but before I knew it, she was in the pool dancing to "YMCA?!" Seriously? There is some real MAGIC at Walt Disney World!!!!!! Magical Express was seemless, although I had to provide constant reassurance to sis that our luggage WOULD arrive without a hitch. It dropped off at Art of Animation first, which didn't take long and is fun because you can catch your first glimpse of PC's "sister resort" (first time using the Magical Express? Trust it! It has worked for me a dozen times!). We stayed top floor, end room facing lake in the Mowgli/Balou building and while the hotel was booked for the Princess Marathon, we felt like we owned the floor. We watched our luggage arrive from the poolside. Sis is a smoker and even though she has a permanet limp, she found the smoking areas as well as the whole resort to be a very convenient and pleasant walk. The room was the usual - clean and perfect for our purposes - our maid was THE BEST I have experienced at any resort Disney -Value, Mod., or Deluxe! After sunbathing, we'd spend our afternoons and evenings touring around - we visited 12 resorts. Went to Hoop De Doo Review; watched "Wishes" from the Ft Wilderness beach and the Poly beach; had drinks at Raglan; dinner at House of Blues; and thoroughly enjoyed Jellyrolls. All in all a fantastic time considering we're two adults who didn't even go into the parks on our trip!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Pam G

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We had 7 nights in a very tired and rusty room .. the bathroom had a rusty door frame with a really rusty fire sprinkler. but the super small double beds are a joke as if you are taller than 5 10" you will be sleeping with your feet over the end..... we wont go back

1  Thank Matthew L
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

This is the 2nd Disney resort I have stayed in. I enjoyed the fun atmosphere. We had an issue at check in. Staff worked hard to resolve the issue to our satisfaction. Pools were great and it brought back childhood memories with iconic toys. Easy to get to other resorts and parks.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Then this resort is perfect. I have no comparisons as this was my first trip to Disney.
It is exactly what I paid for. A place to sleep and shower and that is it. Rooms are small and have only the 2 beds and a 2 seat table. Spending any amount of time there is cramped, but you are at Disney!! You are not there to sit in your room.
Clean if you don't look to close. Beds are very comfy.
No real complaints.

1  Thank rogin
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed here recently due to our daughter being at All Stars for Cheerleading and we wanted to get away from the crowd that was over there.
We loved everything about it. The rooms were nice and roomy for us. The cleaning staff done a fantastic job and the place is very clean.
We particularly enjoyed the walk over through Art of Animation and around the lake. It's very peaceful.
When I was out late at night....I never felt unsafe. There were staff walking (or riding carts) around all over doing different things.....I assumed ilt was a maintenance thing mostly.
We will come back to this resort. It's was a great 1st expereience at POP!!!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was our 1st time at Disney & Pop Century made our experience wonderful, there's 3 in my family but 18 of us went & I thought the room were great. We had 6 rooms all together & I thought the rooms were a good size.. Rooms were very clean, They got cleaned everyday & I always had enough towels. Theres always stuff to do at the hotel, The kids LOVED the pool, the arcade room, the food
court and gift shop was very very nice. The buses were always there to pick you up even though I myself prefer taxi :) But me and My family want to Thank Pop Century from the bottom of our hearts for all you did to make our stay so amazing. When we come back to Disney we will be staying with you guys again.. Thank You :)

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank tiffany d
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was our third stay at this location. We have always had a great time. The rooms are modest, but meet our needs. We spend more time in the parks then the room so for us it is perfect. They have always been very clean and the staff have been amazing. We ran into a problem with the room and the hotel staff had the problem fixed in no time. Our daughter (6) had a problem in one of the parks one evening so we returned to the room early as she just wanted to go back to the hotel. I went to the restaurant to get her a banana split to try and have the evening end on a good note. They did not have one on the menu, but when the chef heard what happened to her he went out of his way and made her one to make her feel better. The staff went above and beyond to make the her feel better and it was not there fault. Hats off to everybody that helped out that evening The whole place is great is you have young kids. It is a great choice for a family on a budget. We will be staying there on our next vacation to Disney. The only draw back is that the bus is always far from the main gate. That is because it is so big and there are so many people that stay there that they have to put it far for logistical reasons. If you are traveling with somebody in a wheelchair, the transportation was sometimes lacking in efficiency. It was so bad one night they put us in a cab to send us back to the hotel from the Magic Kingdom. They acknowledged the problem and fixed it so I cant really complain. This will not be our last stay at the Pop Century!

Room Tip: We stayed in the building with the Tramp. It is close to the restaurant and main lobby but not too...