“Pop was perfect for us...”

Disney's Pop Century Resort
Ranked #135 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed here recently due to our daughter being at All Stars for Cheerleading and we wanted to get away from the crowd that was over there.
We loved everything about it. The rooms were nice and roomy for us. The cleaning staff done a fantastic job and the place is very clean.
We particularly enjoyed the walk over through Art of Animation and around the lake. It's very peaceful.
When I was out late at night....I never felt unsafe. There were staff walking (or riding carts) around all over doing different things.....I assumed ilt was a maintenance thing mostly.
We will come back to this resort. It's was a great 1st expereience at POP!!!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was our 1st time at Disney & Pop Century made our experience wonderful, there's 3 in my family but 18 of us went & I thought the room were great. We had 6 rooms all together & I thought the rooms were a good size.. Rooms were very clean, They got cleaned everyday & I always had enough towels. Theres always stuff to do at the hotel, The kids LOVED the pool, the arcade room, the food
court and gift shop was very very nice. The buses were always there to pick you up even though I myself prefer taxi :) But me and My family want to Thank Pop Century from the bottom of our hearts for all you did to make our stay so amazing. When we come back to Disney we will be staying with you guys again.. Thank You :)

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank tiffany d
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was our third stay at this location. We have always had a great time. The rooms are modest, but meet our needs. We spend more time in the parks then the room so for us it is perfect. They have always been very clean and the staff have been amazing. We ran into a problem with the room and the hotel staff had the problem fixed in no time. Our daughter (6) had a problem in one of the parks one evening so we returned to the room early as she just wanted to go back to the hotel. I went to the restaurant to get her a banana split to try and have the evening end on a good note. They did not have one on the menu, but when the chef heard what happened to her he went out of his way and made her one to make her feel better. The staff went above and beyond to make the her feel better and it was not there fault. Hats off to everybody that helped out that evening The whole place is great is you have young kids. It is a great choice for a family on a budget. We will be staying there on our next vacation to Disney. The only draw back is that the bus is always far from the main gate. That is because it is so big and there are so many people that stay there that they have to put it far for logistical reasons. If you are traveling with somebody in a wheelchair, the transportation was sometimes lacking in efficiency. It was so bad one night they put us in a cab to send us back to the hotel from the Magic Kingdom. They acknowledged the problem and fixed it so I cant really complain. This will not be our last stay at the Pop Century!

Room Tip: We stayed in the building with the Tramp. It is close to the restaurant and main lobby but not too...
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I've been going to Disney resorts and parks since 1985 and for the first time, decided to stay at a Value resort. I experienced a huge difference in quality here. The dining area was constantly out of whatever I was looking for - ice, coffee, creamer, syrup - you name it, it was empty. The eating area was always a mess. We had to go table to table to look for a clean one. Outside was even worse. Elevator floors were sticky and several times I had to walk around spilled sodas. Our room had a leaky shower that left a flood after each use. The worst part of Pop Century: the noise at night. Despite the fact the pool closes at 11pm, it was packed and noisy until well after midnight. I had to call security 3 nights out of our 5 night stay because of the unacceptable noise in rooms around us. I am appauled at what I experienced at this Disney resort. I felt like I was in Ft. Lauderdale during college spring break. I am mostly disappointed though in how the resort handled it - which was not really at all. The reason we all spend so much money to go to Disney is because of the 'treatment', but I will never go to a Value resort again - it was very very disappointing.

2  Thank Katalina_NC
Reviewed April 28, 2013

A little issue with check-in but after that it was all uphill .Rooms were small BUT we were only in it to sleep as we were gone all day enjoying the sun/parks .Comfortable beds for the size . Excellent choice if your on a budget . Our Daughter along with us enjoyed our stay. VERY HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY STAFF! If we decide to stay at another Disney resort..this will be it !

Reviewed April 26, 2013

My husband and I and our two daughters stayed here. Very small room, small bed,small bathroom.Food court was okay but their system on how to pay is awful. We waited in line with our food trays for up to 15 minutes and by the time we sat down to eat the food was cold. The food servers had bad attitudes. Our room wasn't cleaned one day just picked up. Always had to ask for towels. We felt like the low man on the totem pole at the parks because we were the furthest bus stop every time. It isn't fun after walking all day in the parks to get back to your hotel and walk so far to your room, pool, or food court...the poolside bar is cute if you like $8.00 drinks in a 4oz cup. The pool was the best part, very clean and the life guards did an excellent job.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same. I would suggest a room close to pool and food court.
2  Thank Sandy S
Reviewed April 26, 2013

If we are staying on site at WDW at a value hotel, Pop is always our first choice. The place is huge so make sure you get a building near the main building. Otherwise it's time consuming to get to the restaurant for breakfast, refilling mugs. It's a value resort, so the rooms are small...but we spend most of our time at the parks! It's clean, fun and close to The parks!

Room Tip: We love the 50s or 60s.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jeannine b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

Been to Disney's Pop Century Resort? Share your experiences!