Disney's Pop Century Resort
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$289
$261
$191
$127
$209
$187
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$138
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$388
$303
Hotwire.com
11,107 results
All reviewsfood courtart of animationhippy dippy poolthe buspreferred roomthe bowling pin poolclassic hallpop culturedisney worldrooms are smallmain buildinggift shopmagical expressdining planmagic kingdomcast membersonline check
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Probably the cheapest Disney resort, but well worth it. It has direct bus connections to all parks and downtown Disney. No need to stand in line for the mono rail. The rooms are very small, but we did not stay in it for long anyways and it served its purpose. Pools are nice, restaurant was expensive but that is expected I guess. Reception workers and bell boys were very friendly.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the entrance. Otherwise long walks to/from pools/busses might be long. There is an extra charge for these rooms, but it is worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank walter_sch
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed at Pop Century for 3 nights it's an ok place just to sleep and shower. Nothing fancy! Our shower head was held up by plastic and literally broke as soon as we touched it! They came up the same day and fixed it though. Rust spots in the bathroom in some of the corners and weird smell while showering! We called 5 different times in 2 days because our WiFi wasn't working they even sent up a technician and said it was fixed. It wasn't. You really don't spend much time in the rooms so for the price it was fine! I probably would try something different next time! The buses were good they came pretty quick and drop you off close to park entrance! All in all its just ok!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ADavies628
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This "resort" is designed to be a place to sleep while staying in Orlando. If you are hoping to be dazzled by many things to do and Disney Characters stoppping by- you will be disappointed. But if you are planning a busy Disney vacation and want to enjoy on property amenities like extra magic hours at the park and Disney Transportation---stay here. My husband and I stayed with our two teenagers last weekend. The small rooms were clean and basic with a dorm sized fridge and two beds. If you had a pack and play or stroller to store in your room it would make things pretty tight! I felt confident allowing my girls (16,17) to go on the bus to the park on their own- they felt safe and it was easy to do.

TIP #1- Put out your DO NOT DISTURB sign while in the room and use your locks. The maids are too anxious to clean the rooms in the morning. Ours stopped by the room, barely knocked and opened the door TWO TIMES before 9 am. TIP #2 If your kids are going to be asleep early bring a small light- there is only very bright overhead so if you are up reading, eating, etc. you will disturb your whole party. TIP #3 Your resort park pass gives you free parking at the parks. On your last day drive to the park for a quick departure.

An example of great service- I did not hear the phone ring for my wakeup call- a resort employee promptly came to my room to be sure I was okay. AMAZING!

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room- fewer people walk by as it is in the back, so it is quiet and pretty. A lake view on the back corner was SILENT!
3  Thank 987traveler
Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were only staying 1 night at Disney and wanted to enjoy the convenience of being in the park. I was excited to be able to stay at a Disney resort with a limited budget. We didn't specify a decade and got a room in the 80's. I assumed any place with the Disney name would be immaculate. The room did appear clean, but had a musty smell and I was surprised to find the grout in the bathroom appeared very dirty. We used the shuttle service, but later wished we would have driven to the Magic Kingdom due to the long line to get on the shuttle to come back and then having it break down on us. We did sleep good, the only thing we did in the room was sleep and shower basically.

2  Thank nkochrn
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have to be honest, in the past, we have always stayed at the Disney moderate or Deluxe resorts so my snobby side was getting the best of me staying at a "value" resort! Well, I have to say, we will be staying here again!!! It was fabulous! I was worried that my kids would be disappointed because the pools have no slides, etc. but the amazing decor of the resort more than made up for it. So many fun things to see in each era. I was a little sad when I had to explain to them what the giant Sony Walkman was and they couldn't believe that was what came before the ipod! We stayed in the 50's branch of the hotel and while I was thinking that the room decor was very basic, my parents LOVED it - they said it was JUST what hotel rooms looked like back in the 50's! After knowing that the decor was also based on the era, I appreciated it! The beds and pillow were comfortable and the bathrooms cleaned and stocked. It was very nice having the mini fridge in the room. The staff were all very friendly - the only thing that made me a bit sad was that I had made a special call ahead of check in to advise them that it was my parents wedding anniversary. In the past, when advising Disney of a special occasion, it has always been acknowledged - either in person at check in or a phone call to the room. No one said anything to my parents about their anniversary. I was thinking that would have been a nice surprise for them, but oh well! I would highly recommend this hotel and we will definitely be staying here again!!!