“Not important!!!!!!!”

Disney's Pop Century Resort
Ranked #125 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This hotel s terrible as far as customer service. You go on vacation to feel important and pampered. You will definitely not get that here. You will get the treatment that you are a bother to the employees. The employees conveniently lose work orders to fix things. We called 7 times in 2 days because our tv wasn't working, we are still waiting after calling again. The employees also just blatantly lie to you saying they have no record of you calling in. The only plus side I can say about this hotel is the housekeeping is good. The rest of the hotel and staff are mediocre at best. Definitely wont waste my money to stay here ever again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Jodi B
Write a ReviewReviews (10,886)

Reviewed March 9, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here twice so far (Aug 2011 and June 2012) and can't wait to go back for more! Having stayed at the All-Stars previously, we decided to try a new value resort, and the Pop was perfect for us! It attracts more couples or famillies with older kids/teenagers, probably due to the retro them which kids wouldn't understand. The pools are great, and even the main Hippy Dippy pool didn't feel crowded in the middle of the day. At night, you can walk to the edge of hourglass lake and see the Illuminations Fireworks from EPCOT. The food court here is great and has lots of options all day long including healthy options and some unique to the Pop items! Our favorites include the omelettes, "tv dinners", tie dye chessecake, and build your own nachos. You can also sub things like carrots, pickles, apples, and more for dessert if you're on the dining plan, which is great. Love that they have Cherry Coke in the soda fountain - we always get resort refillable mugs. The gift shop has great souveniers and essentials like sunsreen, and the staff is always helpful and friendly just like you'd expect. One night on our trip the rain poured and poured, and we enjoyed a night in with a pizza and bottle of wine in our room - a great low key evening! There are lots of things to do around the resort, like giant games of Twister. You can also walk over the generation gap bridge to Art of Animation to check out the themed courtyards, shop at their boutique, or grab a bite to eat at the modern, health-focused food court. We've had pretty good experience with the buses from this resort and it's nice that the buses are for Pop only - they don't stop at other hotels. We can't imagine staying anywhere else on Disney property (until we can one day afford the Polynesian) and I'd recommend this property to anyone looking for a fun, low key, and inexpensive stat at WDW!

Room Tip: Opt for a preferred room in the 60's buildings on the first floor, not facing the pool. Quiet a...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank suffragettecitygirl
Reviewed March 9, 2013

After looking up prices for hotels in the lake buena vista area we decided our best bet was to stay in an actual disney resort. Many resorts outside of Disney in the lake buena vista area are decently priced but when you factor in the theme park parking fees and the gas costs to get there, you conclude that you are better off staying in a disney resort.

My boyfriend and I arrived on Wednesday morning (around 9am) and there was no line for check-in. Our room was already ready for us, but we decided to take the complimentary shuttle to Epcot right away. The shuttles are great! Buses pass by every so often to take you to the different theme parks.

The room was very clean. We stayed in building 10 of the 70's. They do a great job providing enough towels, shampoo, and soap. The shower was great. The shower head squirts out thick streams of water (which feel great after a long day of walking) and the water can be as hot as you want it.

The breakfast was great and quick. Get the Mickey waffle kids meal!!! For only $4.99 you get 2 Mickey waffles, a slice of turkey bacon, sausage patty, 2 strawberries, apple slices, and your choice of milk or juice. That sure filled me up!

To check out it took us about 25 seconds. A cast member on an iPad helped us through the process.

The theme is great. The Hotel is beautifully decorated. You get an extra hour in theme parks on select days (call beforehand and find out). Overall STAY HERE!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sd902
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed in the 50's (bowling) section for three nights the end of February 2013. Having just stayed at Bay Lake Tower in October, I was hesitant about how this value resort would stack up, but the price was too good to pass on for such a short trip. I was so pleased with everything and would definitely return. My daughters (ages 5 and 9) and I had an adjoining room to my parents, which made the rooms seem larger, but a family of four would be fine for a few days - note the beds are only double-size though. It was a relatively slow time for Disney, but I couldn't believe how peaceful this resort was. No one was running or yelling, and both cast members and patrons were polite and friendly.

Some of our favorites: pizza delivery; grab n go snacks, like veggies with dip, to keep in the room's mini fridge; housekeeping's towel animals and rearranging of our stuffed animals each day; and of course, swimming in all 3 pools - we were the only ones swimming in the bowling and computer pools most of the time - who would think you could say that on a Disney property?! We ventured over to Art of Animation for breakfast one day, which is a fun little walk; however, their food court was absolutely crazy - loud and only the cast members seemed happy. It was such a difference to cross the bridge back to Pop.

I agree with other reviews that we never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus, even during the slower parts of the day. We did have to stand a fair amount on the rides, but again, people were friendly and consistent about offering their seat to my mom - something that we didn't see much in the fall from Contemporary/Bay Lake patrons, go figure.

A few additional things made this a great stay at Pop: upon arrival (online check-in is great, btw), my 9yr old threw up in the lobby trash - and on her birthday! There was a younger boy working there standing nearby and he was so nice to her, telling her not to worry about it and it happens to all of us. Then, the next day, they gave my daughter a birthday button, balloons + 1 for my other daughter so "she didn't feel left out", and a card in the room from Mickey. And the last act, which was my favorite, was that we got a late check-out which allowed more pool time, but then I left so quickly that I forgot an entire drawer full of clothes. They found them and shipped them back FedEx no charge with a nice note. Thanks to that great experience, I guess they trapped me for yet one more trip...

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank picklenpeanut
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We reserved 3 rooms, requesting that two were adjoining. Our party was our family of 6 (4 kids0 and my inlaws. When we arrived, we had the adjoining rooms but they put my inlaw's name on the adjoining room instead of the non-adjoining rooms. We figured it wasn't a big deal but my inlaws had to use cards with the kids names on them. It caused some confusion for us since our park tickets were on there too.
The rooms were fairly clean. There was some mold in our shower. The outside facilities were very clean and the kids enjoyed the pool.
Check in was quick and the bus service was good too.
The price was great-especially if you need a good value.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This was my first trip to Disney with my daughter. We visited this hotel in June 2012. I did not want to rent a car so when planning this trip I wanted to make sure that transportation was provided. This hotel and the hotel package that I obtained provided transportation to and from the airport and to all the parks. We did not have any issues with the transportation. The hotel was great. The check-in and check-out process were very easy and everyone was friendly. The pools were great...my daughter did not want to get out of the pool! I am not sure if this was mentioned in previous reviews but they provide life jackets for the kids. I thought this was excellent since my daughter does not know how to swim. The restaurant provided affordable food and healthy options. For the kids' meal you get an entree and two snacks and a juice/milk. This was great, since my daughter would not eat everything, she had snacks for later. Definitely invest on the $15 reusable cup since you can get as many refills as you like. The arcade was an added plus, specially since it rained a few of the days that we were there. The room service was great and overall my daughter and I had a great experience. I would recommend this hotel and also go back.

Room Tip: I stayed in the 50s area and it was a very short walk to the main building.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Olga R
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The value resorts at Disney World are not necessarily a good value, depending on what you're looking for. If you really want to stay in Disney World, like I do, but you can't afford a more expensive hotel, then Pop Century is a good choice. You get access to the parks earlier than outside guests, and there is bus service all around the resort and too and from the airport. If you drive to Florida, parking is free for Disney hotel guests, which can save you around $15 a day. Figure that into the cost of staying in Kissimmee.

Room Tip: Try to stay near the main building if you can.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Beverly K
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
2 mi away
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

Been to Disney's Pop Century Resort? Share your experiences!