“Perfect for us!”

Disney's Pop Century Resort
Ranked #124 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We went in April 2012. We really loved the hotel. We had the option "preferred room" and we appreciated the proximity of the room to the lobby and restaurants. The pool was great. Everything was super clean and well maintained. Staff pleasant and polite. After a big day, we come to the room just to sleep and we can say that it was perfect for us. The only thing that was important to me was the cleanliness of the room. After a big check, everything was perfect, no bugs or anything suspicious. In conclusion, very good price for people who want a room just for the night and do not want luxury.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (10,894)

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Overall I had a decent stay at Pop Century. People working there were friendly and very helpful; the concierge was very courteous and assisted me with all our problems. The rooms were fairly small but comfortable. We did find a cockroach once, but other than that, the room seemed very clean and there were no problems. It is otherwise fairly limited; there's only one gift shop and one place to eat on site, and the two pools aren't heated fairly well.

My main problem was just the size of the rooms. It was fairly comfortable for a couple, but it didn't seem to leave much room to leave things on the floor or to have kids as well, despite the fact that it's mainly targeted towards family.

The location in relation to the parks is great, and they offer transportation to all the parks as well as downtown Disney, but it seems as though that's where most of the value is derived from.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the "50's" to "70's" section; they are the closest...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed here for a week with our son (age 5). It was amazingly clean! I ran outside a few mornings and they were out at 5am cleaning, sweeping and power-washing the sidewalks. I recommend just running around the lake instead of around the buildings... less people to maneuver around. We had a king room in one of the 1960's buildings. The room was huge with a small refrigerator. It was nice that the sink was separate from the toilet and shower. It was even nicer that there was a curtain to block the light from the bed just in case someone was sleeping. We had groceries delivered and it was so easy. This prevented us from eating junk food for every meal and snack. We would have eaten not so healthy on the Disney meal plan. The only issues we had were minor. We used our room towels at the pool as instructed. It took an hour to get towels to shower. The next time we went to the pool, we took all our towels with us and housekeeping replenished them while we were at the pool. The other was the ONLY not friendly employee that we encountered. We were at the bowling pin pool on Tuesday, 1/29 around noon. There was no one in the pool and 2 lifeguards. I tried to report a spill to the blond girl lifeguard and she barely responded to me. With no one in the pool she could have looked at me and responded with more than an "uh-huh." Other than her the entire stay was perfect and we felt so welcome! Loved the Magical Express, getting boarding passes and checking in our luggage to leave at the resort were so helpful. I recommend staying here to anyone.

Room Tip: We chose our building (1960's building #5) because of close proximity to buses. We were also clo...
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We have stayed at Pop numerous times. It is always clean and kept updated. I paid extra for a preferred room. We were in the building closest to the food court. We seem to always be on the 3rd floor. This time our room had a mini fridge in it. We like to stay here it is clean and check in is always quick if you use the online check in. We will be back.

1  Thank Jo-travel-alot
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My family and I love staying at Pop Century. It is the best resort to stay at if you are looking to book a value resort at Disney World. Check-in was fast and the staff were very welcoming. We stayed in the 60's section and loved the close proximity to the pool and food court. The grounds were beautiful and much more kept up compared to the All-Star Resort. We would book another stay at Pop Century in a heartbeat.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed at Pop Century for 5 nights over New Year's Eve 2012. I did online check in so receiving our keys was very quick. We were given a room, as requested by phone, in a quiet section (building 7 with a view of Hourglass Lake!) and my kids absolutely loved the theming here. The only negative to this building location was that the parking lot was a 5-10 minute walk. Walt Disney World was very busy at this time but we did not feel crowded at the resort at all and barely heard any other guests while in the room.

The rooms at this resort are small, as advertised. The beds are doubles, not queen. There is a small table with two chairs, an entertainment unit/dresser and some hooks on the wall to hang your stuff. Recently, these rooms were upgraded with small refrigerators. The bathroom is very basic but has decent storage on the vanity and a curtain to give some privacy to the sink area. Everything was very clean. It is small but efficient and certainly enough space if you just want to a place to shower and sleep between parks.

The food court, Everything Pop, was surprisingly enjoyable. The portions were larger than restaurants in the parks and the prices seemed to be better. Try the tie-dyed cheesecake!

Overall, we were very happy with our decision to stay here. We've stayed at Disney's Deluxe Villa properties before and were spoiled, but this is a great option for staying on a tighter budget. Our children are small and were so tired after all the Disney fun that all four of us sleeping in such tight quarters was not an issue. The rooms may be too small for a family of four with children that can not sleep in the same bed.

Room Tip: Call Disney reservations 4-5 days to add your room request to your reservation. Tell them what you...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LizGirl
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I had another excellent stay at Disney's Pop Century resort. My room was very clean, orderly, everything worked well, and it had everything that I needed, including a fridge, which I took advantage of. They also finally have free Wifi, which made bringing my laptop worthwhile. Housekeeping was outstanding. Check-in was a bit slow, as I didn't do online check-in as it was after 1 AM and I thought it would be fast, and it wasn't. I can't blame the desk people...not many parties waiting, but they were larger with needs...and then they had computer problems....I will probably try the online check-in next time.
For those who have never stayed at a Disney Resort, there are some "perks" that you don't get elsewhere, and yet are not heavily advertised. First of all, if you have a car (I always do), your parking at all Disney Parks is free (thus saving you $15 a day).....I'm not a bus guy, and I am not a "park food" guy so I eat elsewhere.... Also, the extended park hours on some days for Disney motel guests is huge.......I was able to visit the Magic Kingdom until 1 AM, and able to do more from 11 PM to 1 AM then many get to do in 2 days............
Getting a discount on the room, knowing you are going to get a place that is clean and in good shape, and the above perks.......these keep me coming back to their properties.

Room Tip: ground floor exterior rooms are not as "scenic" view-wise, but have much quicker access...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Bob984
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
2 mi away
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

Been to Disney's Pop Century Resort? Share your experiences!