“Pop Century was Great!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Disney's Pop Century Resort

Disney's Pop Century Resort
Ranked #129 of 334 Hotels in Orlando
Edmonton, Canada
“Pop Century was Great!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We had read lots of reviews after we booked this hotel. Our family of 3 stayed there for 12 nights and we found that the hotel was everything we had expected. This was our first time to Disney World so we wanted to stay where we could spend less on a hotel and more on our Disney experience. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone on a small or large budget, if your just looking for a place to sleep at night then this is your place. There are lots of things to see, swimming pools, arcade, gift shop and restaurant.(although I wouldn't really recommend the restaurant) The only reason I wouldn't recommend the restaurant is because of the price, now I knew going into this that things would be expensive so I'm not going to go into a big rant about how expensive it was but lets just say for a family of 3 to have a hot meal whether its breakfast, lunch or supper you can easily spend $40 per meal for food that really isn't that great. I'm not saying the food is horrible, it's definately edible just not great. The staff at the hotel was great always friendly. Our room was always clean, towels and toiletries replenished daily. The room isn't big by any means but remember you didn't go there to sit in the room all day. Bus service was great, never waited longer than 20 min for a bus, if anything we waited longer for a return bus at the parks at the end of the day to come home but it beats driving yourself. We paid for a prefered room which I would highly recommend if you want quiet, if you want silence don't go to Disney because although it is for everyone it's really all about the kids. If I were to book again I would definately stay here again. We also didn't do the Disney dining plan so if you have the time look into it and see if its worth the price.

Room Tip: If you want quiet get a preferred room with a lake view in the 70's section. Its not too far of...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Tim T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,827)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I know this review is a few months late, but I stayed at Disney's Pop Century resort in August of this year with my three daughters for 11 days.

Our room was right by one of the pools in the fifty's section, just down the hall from the giant 'Lady' figurine from Lady and the Tramp.

The room was very clean, and the housekeeper always did a marvelous job on maintaining cleanliness during our stay at Disney.

My most favourite (sorry for the 'u' I'm Canadian) moments, other than the parks, was night time at Pop Century resort. After a long day in the parks and eating at the fabulous restaurants, my girls and I would take mid-night dips in the pool. It was peaceful and always clean!

The staff was always friendly and polite and they were so helpful! People may make mention on the size of the room, but it's perfect! For what you pay for, you get a fun atmosphere that stays true to the spirit of Disney, you get a place to sleep and bathe, and really, what more do you need when you spend most of your time outside anyway! lol

It's now December and my girls continue to cry about how much they want to go back, especially since Fantasyland is being renovated. And, more specifically, the want to go back to Pop Century! Yes, they know of Disney's Art of Animation, but there's something about Pop that they just can't get enough of!

Truly a magical experience filled with memories that will last for generations.

Room Tip: At the end of the day, after walking around the parks, and standing in line for your bus back to you...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Christina P
Stirling, Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We booked Pop Century as we love to stay onsite at Disney but had a much smaller budget than usual. We'd never stayed at a value before and most recently had only stayed at deluxe hotels so were a bit apprehensive about Pop. We needn't have worried. It's Disney's usual great quality. The rooms are small but clean and well maintained. The beds were much more comfortable than I expected. The only thing the rooms lack is a coffee maker which we really felt as we were not located near the food court. It was maybe a 5-10 minute walk away from where we were in the 80's building.
Positives were great theming, clean and well maintained hotel with good facilities. Everywhere is close to a pool and they all have laundry facilities. All rooms have fridges now which is great. The food court has a good variety and we never found it too busy, even in the morning.
Negatives - as two adults we found it a bit noisy and at one point were woken from sleep by what sounded like a member of staff talking to a guest who had just arrived quite late. It's very spread out and usually with those kind of resorts you can park close to your room but Pop isn't laid out that way. The lack of coffee machine was a bit of a negative too.
Overall I like Pop but think it's more suited to people with kids. If I was on a budget again and it was Pop or stay offsite I'd choose Pop for that Disney magic.

Room Tip: Everywhere other than the 60's building seems to be a 5-10 minute walk from the food court.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank LisFab
singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

After two years of careful planning we finally went to our dream destination, Walt Disney Florida. For us its a really looong journey since we flew in from Singapore to JFK and after 24 hours of flying we had to take another domestic flight from JFK to Orlando which was another 3 hours. Phewww...
Fortunately everything went on smooth and easy as per planned, travelling with young kids through super long flights were certainly not a delightful experience. Upon arrival in MCO (Orlando airport) we collected our luggages and proceed straight to Disney Magic Express counter to register for the free transfer from MCO to POP CENTURY RESORT. Registration and transfer were quick and easy and the coach took about half hour to reach POP CENTURY RESORT. Check in were normal. Staff was friendly and accomadating. We ve got room by pool in the 1990s which was really nice. But what puzzled us was that theres no kettle in the room. Unlike Disney resorts in Paris where u can borrow a kettle with a deposit, theres no kettle provided at all at POP CENTURY. It was very inconvinient for us as we were travelling with infant and needed hot water to make formula milk regularly. Beside formula, we were unable to cook other instant stuff like noodles, soup, porridge etc..
We chose POP CENTURY overlooking the fact that kettle not provided. If only it was made known to us earlier, we certainly would choose some other Disney resort. Call me petty but to me a KETTLE in each room is very basic

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank holydayer
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We liked resort, it was a clean fun place to stay; however, the rooms and beds were small and after staying for a week, not very comfortable. But hey you're at Disney- who needs sleep? You're there for fun! The dining area had many options to choose from and the arcade our children loved. The pools were heated and stayed open 24 hours along a laundry area. The staff was FANTASTIC! Everyone and I do mean everyone was so accommodating and friendly. I would recommend this resort for a great Disney trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank vivi411
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Pop Century Hotel as part of a package from our football organization as our kids where attending the Pop Warner Super Bowl from November 27 - December 2. We stayed in the 90's building however it did not feel like the 90's, it felt like Motel 6. All of the rooms looked the same, small, dingy, dirty carpet, very small bathroom and overall not comfortable. The walls were very thin, you could hear the shower running in the next room and could hear people talking. The sheet where like sleeping on sand paper and the pillows as hard as a rock.
We ate at the cafeteria one morning and spent $40 for three people to eat powdered eggs. Two Dad's in our group of 48 that ate at the Cafeteria actual got sick from the food so no one would eat there for the remainder of the week.
The employees on the property were very nice and helpful which was the only good part of the experience.
Pop Century should NOT advertise that they offer free Internet. The Internet Rarely ever worked, everyone we were with complained.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Lori C
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I recently stayed (for the first time) at the Pop Century Resort for vacation on 11/26 -12/02.
I can happily state that it was one of the best decisions I have every made. First, upon check in in the Lobby I was quickly attended too and was immediately provided the key to my room. Upon entering my room, I guess I expected more disney-like objects/images in it, but the beds were comfortable and the room was clean. The hotel also has a very nice Disney store and its Food Court serves breakfast, lunch and dinner (closes at 12pm).
The bus services for this time of year, ran about 5 to 8 minutes apart, I hardly had to wait for the bus to arrive. This is the major advantage to staying at this Disney Value Hotel since you don't need to drive to and from the parks. In addition, being a Disney Value Hotel guest you are given the opportunity of enjoying Magical Hours in the AM/PM, meaning that only Disney Hotel guests will be able to enjoy additional park hours with ONLY Hotel Guests. I strongly suggest to visit the Magic Kindom Christmas Parade and the Dancing Lights at Hollywood Studios. This was truely magical. In summary, being that I am all day/night in the park, I dont necessarily need a huge room. The magical hours and the bus transportation is definitely the biggest reasons to reserve at this hotel.

Room Tip: As mentioned in other reviews, you can overhear plumbing of other rooms, but I was soo tired from th...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Lira99
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's Pop Century Resort? Share your experiences!