“As usual - it was a good visit”

Disney's Pop Century Resort
Ranked #131 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is our third time staying at the Pop Century resort, and as usual it was great. We had a king sized bed in an accessible room that was pretty close to the main building. The shower was a bit weird, but other than that the room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

We initially were going to stay at the Art of Animation Resort, but being passholders we got at 20% discount at the Pop and decided we'd rather use that money on the food at the Epcot Food and Wine Festival. I'm glad we did, we walked over to the Art of Animation resort and the Little Mermaid area (where the standard rooms were) was so far away from the main building it was ridiculous. For less money, we got a room with better access and with pretty much the same amenities. I would recommend this to all my family and friends.

2  Thank airykah

Reviewed November 2, 2012

My partner and I stayed here from 28th sept-12th oct 2012. We travelled with virgin Atlantic all ran smoothly then we used the magical express to travel to the pop century we arrived at around 6pm to an easy and quick check in we were welcomed with open arms! We were shown to our room which was located on 3rd floor of the bowling pin building. Our room was lovely, clean and cool. We brought the $15 cups that you can refill in the hotel but beware you cannot use these to fill up in the parks unless its water. The food court was nice with a good range of food but you need to go at the right time or you will que for a while. The free shuttles to the Disney parks were great we only had a few mishaps to and from downtown disney but this was during the busy period so acceptable. They could do with some sort of transport to the universal studios parks even if it does cost more as we had to stay in a different hotel on international drive for 2 nights whilst we visited the universal parks. When you get a taxi personally I would agree a price before you go rather than watch the meter go up as they charge you for waiting at lights and in traffic jams. Our stay in the pop was great not any problems whatsoever. We went shopping in both the Orlando premium outlets and also in Florida mall (if you are looking for hollister and ambercrombie and Fitch you need florida mall). We only went in the bowling pin pool which was always clean and had lifeguards and the main pool hippy dippy always sounded great fun for the children and some adults! Downtown disney was great lots of places to eat we had good meals at planet hollywood and house of blues and the interactive theme park was awesome!,typhoon lagoon was brilliant the snorkelling with sharks and fishes is not one to miss!! Do not miss the magic kingdom fireworks they are the best. Animal kingdom was brilliant too. Also the weather was a bit overcast on our first week and we had "hurricane like" weather one day but second week was nice and sunny but it doesn't matter about the weather as you an still go out just invest in a poncho! You won't regret it!!! Take advantage of the magic hours you are entitled to. The arcade In the pop hotel is great fun and not that expensive. Check out was easy and quick. All in all we would return to the pop century with out a second thought but if you have some extra money take a look at art of animation as it looks great.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2012

My girlfriend and I (couple in our early-mid 20's) went down for a long weekend and we enjoyed it. Service was ok at the front desk, I felt some other resorts were a bit more upbeat and happier but it's just something I noticed. Food court was great, decent selection, and I think it's one of the nicer value resorts on property. Buses were pretty efficient, I was surprised. The only one I saw people waiting for often was the downtown disney/typhoon lagoon bus and that was maybe 20 minutes or so? Every bus I didn't wait longer than 5-10 minutes at most (excluding park closings at the end of the night because that gets very busy and even then they were pretty good).

The resort itself was pretty neat, I booked it on price alone but enjoyed the theming much more than I thought I would once I saw it in person. I've stayed at the Allstars and I'd have to say pop is better. Rooms are what you would expect, but they were very clean and did the job they needed to do. Yes, the walls are thin, you can hear toilets flushing from other rooms now and then but that's it. Some reviews say they can hear kids running around and a lot more noise through the walls but I never had that problem at all. Although some of the offsite hotels in the same class were priced at a similar level, I would rather stay here. The benefits of the magical express, extra magic hours and on site bus transportation was nice and saved money spent on a rental car for us.

It is a value resort, if you don't go in expecting deluxe service and accomidations then this resort will be just fine. For the money, it's a great stay and I would stay here again.

1  Thank Siberian57
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Beds were comfy, rooms were clean (mousekeeping left us towel animals made from wash cloths every day), On site restaurant was quick and tasty with a good variety of food all day long and the gift shop was huge. We didn't have time to participate in any activities but there were plenty scheduled.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a pool view, they are really cute!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I recently returned from a trip 10.27-10.31 which would be my 3rd stay here. I checked in with a wonderful young lady named Hannah from England; she was incredibly helpful and cheerful. I had originally requested a room without a connecting door as families are up really early and I prefer to keep the noise level to a minimum. Hannah was able to switch my room to one without a connecting door and even got me upgraded to a pool view room for no additional charge!

I was located in the 50s, building 3 and had a nice shot of the pool which was appropriately shaped as a bowling alley. The 50s are very close to the main building and very convenient although we didn't spend much time at all in the food court.

The FSA Terry was incredibly helpful in sorting out my room charges at the end of the stay as my friend and I wanted to split 3 of the nights evenly and concierge was great at getting our boarding passes printed out 5 minutes before they closed for the evening.

The location is great and you can get some great deals during your stay (I got a discount being a Passholder). The bridge is also open between Pop and Art of Animation so you can spend some time walking over there to check it out; that resort is gorgeous!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed at this resort mainly because of the price. Pretty much what you'd expect from Disney at this price point: great theming, good transportation, a basic food court (only open 6:00 am until midnight). Only sore point for us was the beds. I can deal with double beds, but the mattresses were so broke down that you could feel the springs in them and they sagged in the middle. We were in the 70's section, building 10.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I recently stayed at Pop Century Resort with my Grandson it was fine until the hotel became full then trying to get a meal and a table was crazy!! To many people in one area at a time long lines, My grandson and I wanted food from 2 different areas this meant one of us was eating cold food. Other then that the room was clean staff was friendly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary Ellen S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort

Been to Disney's Pop Century Resort? Share your experiences!