As big Disney fans, we prefer to stay at a Disney Resort when visiting Walt Disney World in Florida, or Disneyland in California. Disney is known for its exceptional customer service, and its no different when staying at one of their value resorts.
We typically stay at their high end "Home Away From Home" resorts with the family, but as an adults only trip (just my wife & I), we were looking to spend more time at Disney's dining locations and decided to save some money on the resort side. We chose Disney's Pop Century and we were not disapointed. The resort may not have many of the ammenities which you expect from a high end resort, but you are NOT paying $400 per night either.
Our room was small but clean and comfortable. Free Wifi is included which is a recent addition to Disney resorts. Even though it was not in the room descriprion, a mini refrigerator was built into the dresser unit in our room, which was a bonus. Resort bus service to parks and Downtown Disnew was frequent and well organized. There are 3 pools and a childrens wet play area as well as a pool side bar. The pool areas are whimsical with huge icons from different decades of the 1900's like a huge computer, juke box, Lady & the ramp, etc.
One of my favorite parts (as crazy as you may think it is) is in the check in area, there is a long wall with displays of items from each decade such as 8-track tapes, Saturday Night Fever record, Michael Jackson Glove, Old tv's, radios and cameras, items from the 50's - 90's. When you find a display from your childhood or teen years, you will spend time laughing and reminiscing. Awesome job Disney!!
And lastly, there is a nice large gift show and a well rounded food court with a large selection. As a value resort, there is no table service restautrant at this hotel, but you're a quick ride to EPCOT (or any other Disney park or deluxe resort) where you can experience dome of the best dining you can imagine; which we did!
I highly reccommend this resort for families or singles looking to do Disney and save a few bucks. No need to go off property. And if you have a large family, Disney offers family value priced suites at the All Star Resort and the brand new Art of Animation Resort which is actually "the other half" of Pop Century, opening May 15, 2012.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the unforgettable fads of the 1950s through the 1990s all over again. From yo-yos and Play-Doh(R) to Rubik's Cube(R) and rollerblades, this Resort hotel salutes the timeless fashions, catch phrases, toys and dances that captivated the world through the decades. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Disney's Pop Century Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Pop Century Resort
- Disney Pop Century Hotel
- Pop Century Disney
- Disneys Pop Century Resort
- Disneys Pop Century Hotel
- Century Pop