I just got back from doing "One More Disney Day" for Leap year and stayed at Pop Century like I always do when I visit Disney World. I have stayed here many times and have never had any bad experiences that would make we want to stay anywhere else for my vacation. I always stay in the 1970's on the top floor if I can. I'm a light sleeper and the 70's is the quietest place to stay. If you stay in the 1960's it's the noisiest place as it's right where the main pool is and near where they show that night's movie, which is cool to watch on the big screen they set up.
This time was the first I did not have my own transportation and had to use Disney's bus transportation for everything. Buses to and from the parks were GREAT! Never had to wait very long for a bus and the drivers were helpful and nice.
As for the rooms I do think they're a little overprice, but to be closer to the parks is nice. The rooms just have the basic things you need like a Motel 6. If you just need a place to rest and store you things Pop is a good choice. There are not coffeepots in the rooms or internet access at the resort, unless you bring a laptop with you then it's $10/24 hr high speed access in your room only. My suggestion leave your laptop at home, your on vacation.
Food court is quick service that takes the Dinning plan and I love breakfast at the court, but not lunch/dinner so much. It's also a little pricey but it's Disney.
Personal Tip for Pop: At least once be in the Dinning area or lobby at 6 pm. Something special happens, which is one of the reasons I love Pop.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the unforgettable fads of the 1950s through the 1990s all over again. From yo-yos and Play-Doh(R) to Rubik's Cube(R) and rollerblades, this Resort hotel salutes the timeless fashions, catch phrases, toys and dances that captivated the world through the decades. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Disney's Pop Century Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Pop Century Resort
- Disney Pop Century Hotel
- Pop Century Disney
- Disneys Pop Century Resort
- Disneys Pop Century Hotel
- Century Pop