“My 4 year old daughter's first trip to Disney World!”

Disney's Pop Century Resort
Ranked #138 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Linwood
“My 4 year old daughter's first trip to Disney World!”
Reviewed November 9, 2011

My husband and I have been to Disney World several times and never stayed on a Disney property. We always stayed at a time share so I was kind of leary about a "hotel". Let me begin by saying this palce was fabulous! My husband is a clean freak and totally loved this place. From check in to check out, everyone was friendly. Marie, our "mousekeeper" was fabulous. Our place was neat and clean and had little animals every night when we came back. Every day my daughter HAD to have at least 1 stuffed animal from the park and every day Marie would line them up nice and neat on her bed. We had a refigerator and bed rails. The only problem with the room was the pillow. It was way too firm for me but luckily my daughter brought her pillow pet which worked just fine for me since she and my husband liked the pillows. My daughter is a light sleeper. The minimal noise from the toliets in other rooms did not bother her at all. In fact we were able to take showers and get ready without waking her up. (She must've been exhausted).
The food cout was almost always busy but there was enough cashiers and ample seating for everyone. We didn't eat there much as we had some charater meals planned in the parks. The food we did eat there was excellent. And again, as busy as they were, the cashiers were always helpful until we got the hang of our meal plan.
Buses to the park were great never really a wait. Coming home was a different story. Very crowded BUT there were 2 buses almost every 10 minutes. We never really waited longer than 20 minutes for a bus home. My dauhgter was asleep already anyway so it didn't matter. I would totally recommend this resort. We were only in the room to sleep and shower. I will definately stay here when we come back in 2 years.

Room Tip: Get a preferred room. Very close to buses and food court.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank fgriffith97

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,036)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
St. Louis
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Visited Pop Century for the fifth time! We stayed the week after Halloween for 7 nights and hotel did not appear to be crowded. Arrived at 1:00 PM and room was ready. I made no requests for room and was pleased to have a 4th floor room over looking the bowling pin pool. This might not be a good spot if resort is full as there is some pool noise. Room was clean and maid service came in each day. Bowling pin pool was heated however pool heater at main pool was broken entire week. I do wish they had pool towels out. You have to take your bath towels down and then call housekeeping for more. Resort had Halloween activities on the pool deck of crafts, a DJ, costume contest, and trick or treating. They also have daily pool activities for the kids and show a movie on the lawn at dusk. Walked around the hotel grounds and public areas were clean and landscaping looked nice. The playground is a set with slides, no swings. There was shade over the playset from trees.
The buses were timely and we only had 2 times during the week that we waited about 20 minutes, probably had just missed a bus. The bus stops for Pop are some of the farthest at the theme parks for pick up so be prepared to walk a little.
The food court was always clean and food was fresh. We were only in the rush hour of breakfast once but there will still seats left. The variety is ok but kids meals can get limiting if your kids are picky. There are kids tables and chairs under a TV on the far left side of seating, kind of behind the gift shop. Staff were friendly all over. Price was excellent at $95 for weeknights and $105 for weekends. With free dining it was a great deal and I would highly recommend this place. One of my favorites at WDW.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank llamamamaof2
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Stayed in the 60's which was ideally located in the resort. Asked for king bed, was given 2 doubles. The room smelled bad. Had to change rooms. The room was terrible, but smelled better than the first.. Filthy shower, don't think the shower head was ever cleaned. Thread bare towels big enough for a 2 year old. Needed at least 2 with every shower. So much for conservation. A bug fell out of one towel. Disgusting. Walls are very, very thin. Your schedule is based on your neighbors. Whoever gets up first, wakes up everyone around them. Whoever stays up late, keeps everyone up with them. Their whiny kids are in your room with you. You can hear every bodily function & toilet flush. Our neighbor snored like a freight train! Try sleeping through that. The alarm clock in the vacant room next to ours went off at 4:45am. Of course, we heard it. The next night, the alarm clock in the vacant room above us was buzzing for hours. What's with these alarm clocks? Why don't they shut off automatically after 1 minute? We had to call the front desk to have the alarms stopped. That took at least 20 minutes. Bottom line, not worth the lower price. I will check out a moderate price hotel next time, but will find out if the walls are thicker first.

Room Tip: The 60's is close to the pool, food, lobby, buses. Don't stay on the ground floor.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
lizza13
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Cast (Employees) were extremely polite and helpful. I would 100% stay here again. It offered to delivery of your purchases to your room, quiet atmosphere, restaurant, gift shop, arcade, pools, ect...
The room was cleaned everyday with bleach, so if you got there right after they cleaned, it was quite strong, but if you arrive at the end of the day, you can't tell at all. But, at least it means it was cleaned.

Room Tip: I stayed in the 70's area and loved it. If you want to be close to a pool, go with 50's, 60...
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Hi there! We choose this WDW hotel for our honeymoon! but it is not really a hotel for romance! It's a whimsical place full of giant icons from the past Decades and it's really more apalling to younger but once you're on Disney grounds you'll be back to childhood anyway! And as we really used the quiet bowling poll for our midday break from the parks or to chill out in rooms from the heat, be there, inside the WDW is a great advantage!But the A/C is noisy and you'll hear all the flushing in the neighbors rooms!

Room Tip: Great for children! For more quiet grounds ask for Lady's 50's rooms!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Miriade
Beverly Hills, Florida
Reviewed November 8, 2011

This was a nice place to stay. The rooms were very clean. I think it must have been recently renovated, at least the room we were in. (The 90's building.) The buses were on time and frequent. The check in was quick and easy. For the price of the room, this hotel is a great deal.
We would return.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Hattiesburg, MS
Reviewed November 7, 2011

We recently decided to stay at Pop Century on a recent trip to Disneyworld. When we made our reservations, there were no deluxe accommodations available due to a PGA golf tournament at the Disney golf course. Last year, we stayed at the Contemporary Resort and greatly enjoyed our stay there. We are around 30 and have no kids. I'm saying that to let you know that it could be an entirely different experience staying there with kids. It wasn't a terrible place to stay at all but there were a few negatives. One was parking. My wife is handicapped and there were only a few spaces near the building we stayed in. To make matters worse, the spots were all occupied by cars that never left the spot the entire 6 days. Very inconvenient for a handicapped person and a person pushing a wheelchair. Another negative was the noise from outside was pretty loud. We could hear a baby crying in the room next door a lot. I don't want to sound too negative, but it just wasn't for us. I've never stayed at a Motel 6 but I'd imagine this is pretty similar with Disney touches added in. If you are a family with several kids looking to do Disney for less, then I would recommend this hotel for sure. I think next time we will try Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge. Overall though, we had an amazing time visiting in October. The crowds were great and so was the weather. Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party was a lot of fun too.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

Been to Disney's Pop Century Resort? Share your experiences!