“Awesome stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #140 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Mama2twocuties
“Awesome stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

We booked 12 nights at Pop Century and I have to admit, I was a little afraid... a bare bones double room with 2 adults and 2 kids (ages 5&8) might be a tad cramped. We stayed her for a few nights last year in a standard room and even though the room was clean and fun, it was ruined by our room location: overlooking the pool. The noise at night from a pool that is open 24/7 was too much for me since I am such a light sleeper.

THIS TIME, I requested a quiet room away from the pool... so much better. Room was spanking clean and everything appeared newly updated. Mousekeeping was awesome- we got extra towels and fun animal towels everyday waiting for us. (we did tip $3-$5 a night though) The onsite counter service was great--- so many choices and every one great! We never waited more than 5 mins for a bus-- all in all, a perfect trip!

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to family and friends.

4 Thank Mama2twocuties

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,960)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

Let me first say, that this was our first trip to Disney. Therefore, we had no idea what to expect. I came with my husband and 6yr old son. After a long and confusing line at the airport,( we took the Disney Express in,) we were faced with a long and equally confusing line at the resort to check in. The receptionist, which were very kind and patient, almost insisted on giving you every detail of the park. After a long morning to get there, this was just to much. Can't they put all that info in the brochure? Anyway, we get out of there and, I"m not kiding, spent 20minutes looking for our room!! I was ready to turn around and come back home.
We finally find our room, in the farthest reaches of the resort. In the 50's. The room was small but clean, and comfortable,adequit.. It was early, but we were hesitant to go out as we were so far from civilization. After wandering again, we get back to the front to inquire about our luggage. We didn't know that it took up to 5hrs to receive. Ours was just 2 1/2, but it was nerve racking, as all we had were the clothes on our backs. Decided to stay on grounds for the day, they have a arcade(which won my son's heart) an over-price gift shop(to be expected) and a VERY small and chaotic cafe, for the amount of ppl they serve. You never saw less than 100-150 guests .Think H.S. cafeteria in almost every way. Families with children of all ages and temperments running wild. Food mostly burgers, nuggets and fries. Snack and junkfoods of every kind(except for PREZELS!!) Staff was very nice and as accomodating as the situation would allow, although most of the cashiers seemed like trainees, they didn't seem to know about the MealPlans? Therefore the lines were long and your food was always cold. Another thing was, everyone INSISTED you have dessert. Which I"m not big on. But it seemed to be part of the Plan.
It rained most afternoons, not their fault, but when it was dark, It was DARK! The lights seemed to be on a timer and there were times when walking down the corridors that it was actually scary. The walls are thin. To the point of embarassment, I mean you can hear EVERYTHING. So you can imagine, especially for squimish ppl like me.lol.
Overall, you get what you pay for. OK accomedations, cheap.
I think next time we'll upgrade. But not bad, for a first-timer.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank phillymomma6367
Rego Park, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

Everything was great. We stayed for five nights and had a great time. The hotel has everything you could want. The only thing I could not get was WIFI, so I couldn't use my IPAD. The rooms were good for my husband and me. I could see though, that it would be tight for more than two. Beds were comfortable, pools were nice, food court ample. Only ate breakfast there one morning, didn't really like it, but we are not fast food eaters. Grounds are really nice, would definitely go back again. Highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2011
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank lildebbie107
County Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

Stayed for a week and loved it. The room service v good, beds comfy, normal size room. The food on site was lovely we could not get enough of their chicken rolls. And rest of stuff good price. Pools were good were open all the time and with a guard. I really love the location u are close to it all. I stayed in downtown disney this yr and found that far. Over all i would stay again.

• Stayed October 2010
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank Bringapassport
TO, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2011

We stayed at one of the Disney resorts. This made it very convenient for transportation to the four parks we visited as there were frequent shuttle buses to and fro. The service at the parks and especially the resort was good. The rooms are small but if the focus is to spend the time at the parks and pool, is should not be an issue. Would definitely recommend the resort. The service was excellent. We stayed at the value resort with the meal plan. It was not cheap but it worked out well. We would like to have seen internet and/or WiFi included within the resort and parks without additional cost. The parks are not cheap to get into. It clearly is not worth it for those not taking advantage of the rides and shows (there seemed many). This day and age connections are a given. Like other attractions such as Universal, the souveniers, clothing etc. are very very expensive. Given these are coming from China it hard to see why things cost thousand times more than the cost to manufacture. As parents it is hard to fight the marketing campaign on site when the kids are relentless with their requests.
Overall we enjoyed our stay at the Disney resort and our time at the parks. I would recommend it. I would like to see some break in the prices so that most people can afford it.

Room Tip: close to the main building to cut the walk; get connecting rooms if more than one room;
Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2011

When we booked we did not realize that the Pop Century was basically a group of 10 motels on one property, so we were really surprised when we were faced with long lines for transportation on the first day! However if you are okay with sometimes having to wait for 2 or 3 buses at Disney park closing before you can get on, this is a nice resort in the Disney Value line. Our only other complaint would be that we asked to upgrade from 2 double beds to 1 or 2 queens (fiance is 6'5") and they said they'd look into it but never got back to us. Oh well - we survived. Oh yeah also, the walls were quite thin, at least in our area. Luckily most people are just there to go to the parks and go to bed, so there weren't too many times where we could hear our neighbours.

We only used one of the pools one night but it seemed decent, and there was a pretty good selection in the food court although I would have appreciated a few more healthier options. The rooms are pretty small but you can't really expect more at a Value resort. The staff was always very friendly and courteous. The theming around the resort was really fun to look at.

I'd recommend staying here as long as you aren't expecting anything fancy. You get Disney-level customer service (for the most part) but the rooms are essentially run-of-the-mill motel, nothing special.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank welikeroadtrips
midwest
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2011

I really loved this resort. Let me start by saying this was our second visit to Disney World with 2 boys (11 and 8). We went in March and stayed at the Port Orleans hotel (moderate resort) with a free Disney dining plan. This time we chose Pop century with the free quick service dining plan. I have to say both stays were enjoyable but, we really enjoyed the Pop Century and Quick Service dining much more! First I must say the resort is decorated in the "magical" way a young child and adult will remember forever. Yes, it is like several giant motels on the property but, it is has the most amazing bright, over the top decorations from the 60's, 70's 80's that you can imagine! One of the buildings you walk up a giant Rubik's cube to get up the stairs and I will say the resort looks better in person than pictures. We got a preferred room because it was the only available and wow just outside our room was a giant Foosball field the size of our building to look down at. We were on the 4th floor and were eye height with the Foosball players! The room was very clean and when housekeeping forgot to replace cups and when we needed extra towels for the pool they were at our door within 5 minutes. We found all staff at this location very nice. While the water sprayers near our building were out of service, the pool was wonderful. My kids had a blast playing in the pool and participating in the dance party and games while I rested. The food court was good. If you are new to Disney dining you must understand the food courts and quick service dining at the parks are not fancy. It is like eating at the mall. This food court was like good mall food. This is a good thing because there are some food courts and places in the park that can be really gross. There are table service restaurants that tend to be better but, if you are a foodie Disney food wise is not for you (visit Chicago, New York, San Francisco, etc.). By the way, I found the quick service dining at the value resort a better deal than the Disney dining plan at the moderate. At the moderate you get one table service meal, 1 quick service meal and 1 snack a day. Keep in mind a bottle of water counts as your snack. If you conserve one person can get a drink and another can get a sweet roll or something that you can share together to fill you up. However the quick service dining plan gives each person 2 quick service meals and 2 snacks a day. While you don't get a table service I found (now that I know Disney is not a culinary mecca) that we utilized the quick service and snacks and when we got sick of them had a nice table service lunch at the Brown Derby in Hollywood Studios. It worked out well and I paid less then I did on the other plan which I ended up running out of snacks (I believe unfortunately in 2012 Disney will change quick service dining to 2 quick service and 1 snack a day which is too bad). I also found that in comparison to Port Orleans (moderate resort) this place was very quiet. We barely heard our neighbors or anyone outside and I slept like a baby in comparison to the Port Orleans where I was up all night and could hear a very loud toddler up way past 11pm as if she were right next to me along with the neighbor above bouncing a basketball above my head late at night. We did rent a car and did not take the buses so can not comment on Pop Century Resort buses but, can say we did take buses at Port Orleans and it was a nightmare. In future our stays will definitely be at the pop century with a rental car. Can not say enough how cute and "magical" this resort is. By the way, the water tastes good at this place. Many resorts and restaurants around Disney World do not filter their water and the taste is really gross. I can say that Pop Century and Port Orleans filter their water and it tastes fine.

1 Thank midwest4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs Area
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
Disney's Art of Animation Resort
Disney's All-Star Music Resort
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Been to Disney's Pop Century Resort? Share your experiences!