My husband and I stayed at Pop Century in one of the 90's buildings from January 10th-15th for the first leg of our honeymoon. We visited the parks for 4 full days.
Check-in was fast enough. We did the online advance check-in before we left home.
There is a special check-in lane for those that did that.
The restaurant/store are close to the front desk area also. The decorations were neat with something from each of the decades.
There was a short hike to the 90's buildings but luckily the bus pick-up/drop-off area was close to us. The 90's buildings are on the other side of the parking lot.
Since it was our honeymoon we requested a king-sized bed instead of the standard twin beds in the rooms. The rooms have simple understated Disney theming. The bed was comfortable enough.We had a view of the backside of the buildings. NO pool view. The shower was definitely in need of an overhaul with re: to caulking and stains in the tub however the rest of the room was clean and comfortable.
We only ate in the restaurant once because we chose to eat all our meals in the park. We did try the pool once. Apparently it was unseasonably cold in FL this past January and the pool reflected that. We only stayed in for a bit..too cold.
The thing we loved most about the hotel was that it had its own shuttle stop/bus. After an especially long day it's nice to know that once you board the bus it's straight back to the hotel with no other stops or in the morning no other hotel stops between you and the parks! We loved that.
This is my second time at WDW and my first stay at a Value resort. I would recommend this hotel for someone who is looking for a comfortable place to lay their head at night/free non-stop ride to the resort. However if you are looking for a resort hotel that offers a plethora of activities/amenities for a longer WDW stay I would suggest trying a Moderate resort like Port Orleans.
We would stay again if we were looking for a way to save money and still have a good night's sleep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the unforgettable fads of the 1950s through the 1990s all over again. From yo-yos and Play-Doh(R) to Rubik's Cube(R) and rollerblades, this Resort hotel salutes the timeless fashions, catch phrases, toys and dances that captivated the world through the decades. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelPower, Hotels.com, Walt Disney Parks & Resorts, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Disney's Pop Century Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Disney Pop Century Resort
- Disney Pop Century Hotel
- Pop Century Disney
- Disneys Pop Century Resort
- Disneys Pop Century Hotel
- Century Pop