“Pretty decent dogs, but VERY slow service.”
Review of Kona Dog Food Truck - CLOSED

Kona Dog Food Truck
Cuisines: American, Polynesian, Hawaiian, Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Description: While we search for a newer Hut location, we remain completely mobile! Check out our Twitter feed and Facebook page for upcoming locations – we’re available all the time! Come, enjoy a flavorful, some fresh squeezed lemonade, and relax to the relaxing music of the Pacific. We look forward to seeing you!
“Pretty decent dogs, but VERY slow service.”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The dogs were pretty good and a good size. The service was VERY slow and the guy could have been a little more energetic and friendly. Also would be nice if prices were posted. $2 for a CAN of soda is ridiculous!

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank TjakO

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“The Hawaiian Pulled Pork is a MUST!!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was at the Windermere Food Truck Round Up in June and Kona Dog was advertising Hawaiian Pulled Pork Sandwiches. I love pulled pork, but I wasn't sure about the Hawaiian twist. I'm glad I took a chance, because the sandwich was amazing.

It was a giant sweet roll with tender pulled pork, Hawaiian BBQ sauce and another sauce, which I cannot remember. It was juicy and sweet without being soggy and drippy.

The young men who were running the truck were also very nice and efficient.

It was absolutely delicious and I will keep my eye out for Kona Dog again!

• Visited June 2013
Eustis, Florida
“My very first food truck!!!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was so excited to see that the Kona Dog Truck offered veggie dogs because I was dying to try one! I was told that I'd have to wait because the veggie dogs are only heated on request - I didn't mind ~ was just glad they had them! I wasn't sure what flavors to get and the girl recommended the garlic lemon sauce with coconut fruit sauce and pineapple mustard. I figured if I was going to spend $5.00 on a veggie hotdog, I was going to go for it! It was delicious!! I loved the flavors with the dog - the only suggestion would be to use a larger veggie dog (I have some in my fridge right now that are much closer in size to the 1/4 pound hotdogs that were offered and would fill the bread better.) My husband was not as adventurous and ordered yellow mustard. He decided that wasn't worth the price and he would try something with fruit next time!

• Visited April 2013
Mount Dora, Florida, United States
“Super innovative, delicious and simple menu”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This is a great concept and the Food is GREAT! So many times when dining at a food truck you are presented with so many complex options and it can be super overwhelming just knowing what to order... Not so with Kona Dog, they have a very simple menu while still having the ability to customize your order. The presentation, quality and taste is AWESOME!! My wife and I try to eat there once a week when they are at the RDV Sports Complex in Maitland Florida on Fridays lunchtime! Definitely give them a try!

• Visited July 2012
Islamorada, Florida
“food truck now!”
Reviewed May 17, 2012

They should put a sign at their old location letting people know they are a food truck now because i went there on a recent vacation and wanted a kona dog so bad but their old location was closed!

• Visited February 2012